The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

In about a month or so, a good friend of mine is gonna be doing a musical performance with a fairly well known artist in the bay area. He wasnt able to tell me much about it but he wanted me to go backstage and take pictures with my Canon XT, although im flattered by this im assuming (because he hast given me details) that its gonna be either:

a.In a club where lighting is tricky and more often than not low.

b.theyre gonna be on stage, since i dont know how close ill be to them im not sure how good shots am i gonna be able to take, since ill be using my only 18-55mm lens.

c.and who knows maybe he just wants pictures for memory purposes and AFTER the concert they will get together for a photo shoot(which would be perfect) because i could take my time and get as close as i need to.

assuming its gonna be scenario A and B what settings should i consider on my DSLR? this includes white Balance, center weighting, F-stop and shutter speed. any advice would be greatly appreciated, and ill be sure to post flicks if all goes as planned. feel free to PM me your advice, thanks everybody and sorry for the lengthy post.

ok so i just downloaded bit torrent...how the fuck do i use this haha. i've already downloaded the file but now i dont know how to open it up. can anyone help out?

for the post above, bring a flash for sure. if they are just portraits in club lighting, it will be an enormous help. either that or a much faster lens than the 18-55 (assuming it is a 4.5?)

white balance your going to have to experiment with, as every concert/club lighting is different. same with shutter speed. as for fstop, as open as possible.