The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its underexposed, lacks contrast, saturation, a clear focal point, any kind of natural flow and the blurred clouds hurt your eyes.

or if you'd like the short version:

no offense, but it's simply not a very good photo.

see how fun it is having me around again?

:)

its underexposed, lacks contrast, saturation, a clear focal point, any kind of natural flow and the blurred clouds hurt your eyes.

or if you'd like the short version:

no offense, but it's simply not a very good photo.

see how fun it is having me around again?

:)

oh well i dont really feel its underexpoused, i just barely cliped the highlights on the backlit clouds from the moon and didnt clip any shadows.

also the natural flow of the creek coming top right to bottom left is mirrored by the opposite movement of the clouds.

super fun :(

knim, do you remember what speeds, settings you shot that on?

and i agree with misterincentive, if you set it darker and left it open more it would probably look better.

but it's only photography.

and seeking will not like anyone's photos.

but he best to be posting them new pentax shots.

knim, do you remember what speeds, settings you shot that on?

and i agree with misterincentive, if you set it darker and left it open more it would probably look better.

but it's only photography.

and seeking will not like anyone's photos.

but he best to be posting them new pentax shots.

i set the camera on the bridge. i think 30 " cause its as long as i could go without using bulb. prob f3.5

printpsd.jpg

print2psd.jpg

yours doesnt look under exposed?

granted, my pshop washes it out some, but with an under exposed image, theres only so much you can do. i could have multiplied a bunch of layers and cut and pasted various sections, but its not worth it to me.

the problem is that you're trying to make it look like a high noon shot, which should be bright and happy. knowing you used a 30 second shutter speed (why didnt you go with bulb?) this must have been taken at night...problem is, it doesnt look like a night shot, it looks like an overcast day. that is what makes it a not very good photo. dont take it personally, just learn from it. i dont for a second think im the god of photography, but i do have eyes. ;)

jibberish,

camera was ordered today, so i should have it in my hands soon. but if i post in here, im gonna continue to keep it critical (and expect the same of my stuff). i have no interest in hand jobs and i pretend that others feel the same. its so easy to be a boring photographer...not on my watch.

hey seeking i dont take it personally no worries. in fact its refreshing to have some real dialouge about an image.

I didnt use bulb because i didnt have a cable release or a tripod with me and didnt want camera shake. The camera was rested on the edge of a bridge and just proped up with the strap. Your comment about high noon makes since and it got me thinking that maybe a black and white conversion would give the image some more impact by allowing me to control the contrast in the sky. Here is a quick conversion.

night.jpg

it still seems a little bit off, but definitely works better in B&W.

as much as i dont like using 'photoshop filter' like effects, some vignetting around the edges and a little more of a 'worn' grainy kind of effect would give it a cool old tymey sort of feel.