The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

the nikon stuff, especially the kits, are nice all around cameras... and the d50 is coming down in price everyday thanks to the come ups like the d80 and higher end stuff. yes, nikkor lenses will set you back, but really, who's going to go out and get an 18mm or a 400mm lens to shoot with? if you're looking for a good, solid, go to that isn't shit, the d50 will do. the lens it comes with is quality and (if it's the 28-80 i think it is) you'll use it literally 90% of the time you're shooting.

ive seen the 350d (rebel xt) for 500-550 new in some shops now that the newer xti is out.

im sure you could find it even cheaper used....for a very nice entry level d-slr.

as far as lenses goes....most everyone who ownes slr camera's gets lenses....that one of the reasons to step up from a point n shoot.

the body really has little to do with the actual image.

its all about what glass is hanging off of it.

the kit lenses ussualy have to be shot at f.5 and above to get a descent image.

my .02c

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, i guess i'm thinking about freezing/taking the moment i.e. street photography or most photographs i see in here

vs

some idea of making the photographic moment. more involvement from the photographer than framing and snapping the moment.

i think i read and think about theory too much and not enough picture making.

well, i guess i'm thinking about freezing/taking the moment i.e. street photography or most photographs i see in here

vs

some idea of making the photographic moment. more involvement from the photographer than framing and snapping the moment.

i think i read and think about theory too much and not enough picture making.

i see what your saying but when it comes down to making a unique picture involving people on the street... (ie street photography) there only so much risk you can take with a couple grand worth of photo gear.

jmo.

for anyone considering it; my friend reads a lot of photography blogs and forums and everyone praises the d50 as one of the best cameras they have ever owned. ive read a lot of people saying that the d50 performs much better and more consistent than their canons. the d50 price IS dropping a lot too, i think its in the low 500's now, thanks to the success of the d80 (which by the way is the finest d-slr i have ever held). if i could upgrade today (wii has priority) i would be getting a d50