The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by realitymax+Jan 15 2005, 08:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (realitymax - Jan 15 2005, 08:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-geist@Jan 11 2005, 09:37 PM

The F717 is around 5-700ish I believe, however good luck finding it - Sony stopped making them, I believe the 818 is the next version. The Carl Zeis lens though is top notch - no complaints yet with it. Still learning all of the cool things you can do with it as well.

With zoom, only account for optical zoom. Digital zoom is shit and pixelates the image. :(

I'm almost positive there's a lens attachment option with it, and I know there's a Flash hot-shoe at the top.

Good luck with finding a cam you want.

-Geist

i use the f717. i love it.

[/b]

those are atlanta flicks, man you local or just visiting?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by geist+Jan 15 2005, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geist - Jan 15 2005, 02:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by realitymax@Jan 15 2005, 08:49 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-geist@Jan 14 2005, 07:10 PM

Reality, is that the first DSCI4 LP I see w/the metal pattern on the casing in with those records? :love2:

Hopefully this'll work for hosting images now - my school's killed my access now to upload anything else :( :( :(

Enjoy.

good call on the dsci4 pack :king: a fellow techstep fan?

here's one i'm getting rid of today actually :( :(

teebee4mn.jpg

oh the power women have.

your pics look great and imageshack is the shit! you should register if you aren't already. it lets you keep record of your uploads and delete accordingly.

DUDE! NO!!!!!!!! Not Teebee!

"a fellow techstep fan?" Take a look for yourself at my last mix's tracklisting ;)

http://www.lasalle.edu/~aherns1/helix-fall-sessions.mp3

Tracklist:

1: The Postal Service - Such Great Heights

2: Noisia - Cloudshine

3: ASC - Linear Reflex (Psidream and Resound remix)

4: Pendulum - Still Grey

5: Quadrant - Faithless - Unsigned

6: Klute - Time for a Change

7: Materia - Black Smoke - Unsigned

8: Everything But the Girl - Blame (J Majik remix)

9: Arcane - Polygon Sea

10: Ed Rush and Optical - Funktion

11: Johnny L - The Bells

12: Chris. SU - Paradise

13: Stakka and Skynet - Nightlore

14: Noisia - Desolation - Forthcoming Armada Recordings

15: Telemetrik - Monochrome

16: Kemal and Synthetix - Creature

17: Break - Accelerate

18: Future Prophecies - Miriamba

19: Fanu - Jason - Forthcoming

20: Corrupt Souls - Wicked Life

21: Chris.Su and Tactile - Undercover Dub

22: Skynet - Darklights

23: Rob F - Resistance

24: Thinktank - Run and Shove

25: Noisia - Vanishing Point

26: Kryptic Minds and Leon Switch - Black Rain

27: Black Sun Empire - Arrakis

28: Dom and Roland - Paradrenasite (Hive Rework)

29: Impulse - Sexstation

30: Calyx and Teebee - Cyclone

31: Kaos and Gridlock - Piston

32: Silent Witness - Ringside

33: Photek - Baltimore

34: Keaton - Skool of Hard Knocks

35: Amit - Gatecrasher

36: Future Cut - Ghetto Style (Evol Intent remix)

37: Tech Itch - Soldiers VIP

38: John Rolodex - Amenizm pt 1 - Forthcoming PI Records

39: Raiden - 44 Calibre Killer

40: Silent Witness - Streetlight

41: Psidream and Mechwarrior - Last Walk

42: Muffler - Embrace - Forthcoming Disturbed recs

:love2: the tech

And thanks, yea, I'm registered there - figgured might as well.

Enjoy the tunage

[/b]

hey, that's a sick tracklisting and i definately recognize your name from either the dsci4 or shadow-law board. i'm located in atlanta and shadow-law is my home. :king:

btw, philly was reppin' it hard two weeks ago. chris.kaos was in-town with kiko. small world man.

Reality, is that the first DSCI4 LP I see w/the metal pattern on the casing in with those records? :love2:

Hopefully this'll work for hosting images now - my school's killed my access now to upload anything else :( :( :(

Enjoy.

DUDE! NO!!!!!!!! Not Teebee!

"a fellow techstep fan?" Take a look for yourself at my last mix's tracklisting ;)

http://www.lasalle.edu/~aherns1/helix-fall-sessions.mp3

:love2: the tech

And thanks, yea, I'm registered there - figgured might as well.

Enjoy the tunage

hey, that's a sick tracklisting and i definately recognize your name from either the dsci4 or shadow-law board. i'm located in atlanta and shadow-law is my home. :king:

btw, philly was reppin' it hard two weeks ago. chris.kaos was in-town with kiko. small world man.

Yea, Chris is cool as hell, DJ'd with em on NYE up here in Philly actually and chilled w/em some other times. Skynet was on the bill as well as someone you'd probably know being from atlanta: Cyanide (he's my boy)

I'm on DSCI4 as well - post there occasionally whenever I get wind of a few topics/need to whore my mixes out to another audience :haha:

Glad you like the tracklist, hope you enjoy the mix. Have my round 2 of the all-teebee mix coming soon as well.

ez

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Jan 16 2005, 04:57 AM

rage your polaroids always look fucking sharp. 

are you a professional photographer?  if not, do you want to be?

Thanks mack!

I'm not a pro photographer, but then again how does one become a pro?

Does it take exposure to the media? Do I need my work published?

If that's what it takes then I'm part way there.

I'm already recognized on Polaroid.com as a professional artist here.

I'd love to have some gallery shows and get stuff published, but I'm not sure where to begin.

I'd eventually like to go back to college and study photography more.

I think I'd make a kick ass Photo teacher in some high school or college somewhere.

Speaking of published, these were printed in our area arts and entertainment magazine. It is a free mag which is distributed through town and campus, they do a run of 10,000 copies every two weeks and they are delivered everywhere. The pictures could have been better, if I had a useable flash for my camera. Right now I'm working with a $20.00 piece of crap that periodically causes a power surge and locks my camera software, so I'm really wary of using it much. Anyway, about 10 new years resolutions and pictures were printed, but these are a few of the funnier ones. Taken at random bars:

IMG03506copy.jpg

Resolution: "I plan on being less optimistic."

IMG03462copy.jpg

Resolution: "Stop making girls cry."

IMG03503copy.jpg

Resolution: "To fuck everything that moves."*

IMG03501copy.jpg

Resolution: "I vow to pick my nose more in public."

I just realized these jpegs are too bright, I've been screwing around with some photoshop actions, so oh well.

*This one was particularly funny because later in the night I had to explain to the guy that he should go get tested for STDs because his now-girlfriend had given me that clap two weeks before. They censored his in the printed edition.

I've only very recently gotten back into taking photos after not doing very much in 2004 for various reasons. I just bought a roll of kodachrome 200 a few days ago.

This photo was the culmination of my interest in nocturnal photography in late 03 / early 04:

essofebruary2004.jpg

also, MisP - how did you get the colours to look like that in those photos? was it special processing or something?

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Jan 14 2005, 09:05 PM

thanks, someone at work was like, "Hey, cross processing."

You shoot slide film which gets developed in E-6 but you develope it in the wrong chemicals and use regular C-41 and it makes negatives out of positive film, it makes the colors all off and ups the contrast. Apparently it was really played out in the late 90s but I must have missed that. It's neat, the negatives turn like purple.

You could take slide film to any lab and request it, most labs should do it and if they tell you that it ruins their chemistry then they're assholes, it takes like 100 rolls in a row before it fucks up.

Originally posted by __ __ __ __@Jan 13 2005, 08:22 PM

Whats up Guys... i need to know where to get some D6 or PD-16 film....

i got an old Agfa Ansco Box camera that i got when my grandmother passed. I dont know the model because i cant find it online, only ones that look a bit like it. maybe its rare but is there any film out there for my camera?..... i thank whoever responds ahead of time.thank you.

please anyone?....

_______________>

i got an old ansco box camera at a thrift store, chances are it takes 620 film and PD-16 is a type of it or something, 620 film is discontinued but you can still get it at http://www.bhphoto.com or just literally shove 120 film in there, do you have a picture of this camera? it would help a lot.

sorry if this isn't the info you're looking for.