why do black people...

2slim

i volunteeredat fall registration at my high school once, and i had to register a girl named ROTUNDA.

in new orleans, ghetto kids have strange nicknames like..

Wiggie

Donkey Boy Tony

Miss Dat-Do

Javockah Redo

Noonie

Neecey

Tootie

Doosie

And if one more person in New Orleans names their son DeJean i will kill them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The BLACK Y

^^^could not be more on point as well as DREDZ^^^^

if you really want to get answers to your questions , 12 oz is the last place you should asking,,,there is a whole world full of people out there to properly inform you.

watch bet, black entertainment television, that would help. which brings me to my question, why cant we start white persons television? cuz that would be racist, right?

Originally posted by mr.yuck

What are you talkin about? We have CNN and every other channel on lock. So let the darkies have their WB and BET.:lol:

very true, but if it was in fact named "white entertainment television" or "Television for white entertainment (sounds odd, but isnt "wet")" we would be considered racist

I knew this chick named Morning star, her brother was named Moon Shadow, and their other sister was named like Nicole or somehting hah!

and no....they're not black, you racist!!!!!

Guest the answer

Re: to all the ignorant white boys...

Originally posted by dara

this is by far the dumbest, most uneducated thread i have ever come across. how are you gonna start a thread about how ignorant you think black people are in the ways that (some of them) choose to name their children? its called a cultural difference and they exist between each and every culture in a million different ways. im assuming your not black, cause if you were i dont think youd be saying dumb shit like that about your own community. if you are, good luck in life. but since your probably not, how much would you bet that you accurately know about the black community. and i dont mean owning an nwa cd or using words that you think are hot shit but are actually old. and i also dont mean having any number of black friends who lead you to believe that you even remotely know whats going. because they couldnt possibly. not being part of a particular culture means just that. you dont know shit about why black people name their kids anything, whether it sounds dumb to you is completely arbitrary cause it has nothing to do with you. for you to sit there and talk about hating the way that some black people are named precious and latifa and tyrone shows how retarded you must be. you think black people dont wonder why white people name their kids suzy and charlie and billy? that shit sounds mad stupid too. but who gives a fuck??? the truth is that you dont know why and will never understand why black people do any of the things that they do if your not black. you might know, think your down, or whatever else. but face it, your not in the loop and never will be. so save your ignorant racist bullshit for the skinhead rally in northern PA next weekend and find something else to do with your time, cunt nugget.

this is funny you said racist ive repeadetly heard black people joke about white culture what is that is it racist according to you it is have you ever made a joke or comment about silly white people i bet you have what would that make you or your coooool homies with their fresh new lingo that all of us lame white folk want to emulate give me a fucking break you need to go fuck yourself.

Re: Re: to all the ignorant white boys...

Originally posted by the answer

this is funny you said racist ive repeadetly heard black people joke about white culture what is that is it racist according to you it is have you ever made a joke or comment about silly white people i bet you have what would that make you or your coooool homies with their fresh new lingo that all of us lame white folk want to emulate give me a fucking break you need to go fuck yourself.

Bravo!! bravo!!! seriously

not trying to be a shit stirrer, but if a guy can get up onstage on fuckin comic view and rip white people up then i think it's okay to laugh at stupid ghetto names. YES DAWAYNE (DUH_WAYNE) IS A STUPID NAME.

Guest the answer
Originally posted by whatthefuck!

first of all

anyone whos claims to be not racist or "color blind" in this society is lying

you are all racist and i think this thread is a way for you to anonymously vent

all your racist attitudes

dont get mad

i'm not saying that the simple question "why do black people name their

children names like they do?" is a racist question

although it is true that they do come up with creative names maybe this

could have been phrased differently.maybe more respectful

and not demeaning

these names are not stupid or bad in any way,dont get upset when someone (whether they are black or not )is sensitive to the comments on

here and called you ignorant,because you are obviously very sensitive

to being called an "ignorant whiteboy".see?this is a sensitive issue.

i dont think stereotypes and forms of racism are "okay" just because they are humorous.nobody can really say whats "okay" and whats not because different people react differently.

keep an open mind.if you never had to deal with racism then you should defiantley be more careful about things you say and dont get upset if someone doesn't like what you say and be like "fuck you!".you have to look at it from all sides

then again this a graffiti message board where mature rational conversation not having to do with the act of graffiti itself seems quite impossible

black people can be racist too and so can everybody no matter what color.

you know where the name "cracker" comes from?

http://www.downunderweb.com/images/Whip%208.jpg'>

i think actually what really pisses me off is being compared to or called skinhead,kkk member,nazi that is so fucking wrong on so many levels

damn seems like the internet breeds a new idiot every ... yup another one.

is it just me or does anybody ever notice that when ever there is a gang of kids in cartoons the token black kid always wears glasses? are the glasses suppose to make him "tamed". um yea...in other news

Guest the answer

Re: Re: Re: Hey, I got a question.

Originally posted by DREDZ

because, most of the time it's about some ignorant shit. And it ends up sounding very stereotypical.

thats funny that comment sounds pretty ignorant and stereotypical you fucking stupid hypocrite.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey, I got a question.

Originally posted by the answer

thats funny that comment sounds pretty ignorant and stereotypical you fucking stupid hypocrite.

excuse me!!

I'm not sure why you took such offense to this comment...

care to elaborate?

Why do "black" people........what?.....who cares?....people are people,no matter where you came from.I'm "white" or should I say "light skinned"....almost reaching the big 30.....I grew up in Inglewood,Ca.-where I was one of three "white" kids at my school.....I'm thankful that I got a chance early on in life to learn and experience different cultures and learn the many different "walks of life" from so many perspectives.....I live by those standards every passing day....if somebody is cool enough to give me respect then that is what they get in return......that is how it should be.

Why is it about black people and not just people in General.

In general people of every culture name their kids some fucked up shit...let's just for a minute talk about WHITE FOLKS who name their kids shit like:

Esther and Gertrude, Florence, Dorothy, Milidred, Bertha?

Frederick and Billy Bob, Frank, Harry (Harry? come ON!), Alfred, Cornelius, Edwin?

Re: Why is it about black people and not just people in General.

Originally posted by ElleGenie

In general people of every culture name their kids some fucked up shit...let's just for a minute talk about WHITE FOLKS who name their kids shit like:

Esther and Gertrude, Florence, Dorothy, Milidred, Bertha?

Frederick and Billy Bob, Frank, Harry (Harry? come ON!), Alfred, Cornelius, Edwin?

^^^too bad Bonqueshia Alize Jenkins is alot funnier then all of those.

oh and i can't forget about Dantre'vious

DREDZ and me sometimes disagree

But on this particular issue, I'm with him. Racism permeates our culture like the smell in bad meat. We'd all be a lot better off if we stopped worrying about what other people do or don't do, and concentrated on our own lives, our own goals, our own behavior and avoided focusing on what somebody else does or doesn't do. This especially applies to people of other races. Be proud of who you are, whoever you are. Have respect for yourself and your culture, whatever it might be. Treat other people with dignity and respect, regardless of who they are.

I come from the South--born and raised in Texas. I think humor that is self-deprecating is hilarious. I love Jeff Foxworthy's jokes, especially his "You might ne a redneck if..." series.

But real rednecks hate Jeff Foxworthy's stuff--it strikes too close to home. They sometimes have low self esteem. People making fun of them living in a double-wide or having more that two junk cars in the front yard offends them. I can't see why--frankly, if they feel sensitive about being uneducated, boorish and poor, perhaps they might want to go back to school, learn some manners and get a decent job, rather than be angry and offended that people think that raising coon hounds for a living isn't a business with a great deal of income potential. The reason that jokes about Southerners owning too many guns or marrying their cousins is funny is because they are true. If they weren't true, they wouldn't be funny. (Just for the record, my wife bitches about my gun collection, and my parents are second cousins.)

The same thing is true about jokes about people of races other than Caucasian. If it's true, it's true. Jokes about black people and gold teeth, or black women and big booties, or handsome black guys who love big, huge 400 pound white women are funny because they are true, at least somewhat true. Jokes about Hispanics that ride eight to a car, or Asian drivers who are less than accomplished are funny because there is an element of truth to them. If it weren't true, it wouldn't be funny.

Just as there are humorous aspects to every group's life, there are aspects less than humorous. Nothing funny about poverty, or ignorance, or hatred. I say everybody needs to just chill out and think before we diss somebody else. (Did I spell "diss" right?, LOL.)

although racism and race-based hostility is NEVER EVER excusable, i think it's healthy to laugh at eachother and our quirks. and let's face it, all races, religions, genders, sexual orientations are stereotyped to some extent. to just acknowledge that some of the stereotypes are actually true and have a sense of humor about them (instead of worrying about political correctness) is a good thing. i look at the world like a big fucking circus, everyone's fucked up and silly to some extent and to recognize that and have fun with it is great. i never get offended when black people make fun of white people, because half of what they're saying is true.

oh and there's nothing like a rookie reviving an old thread is there?

Originally posted by TRIPLE DECKR

Shoorai A broom that sweeps (Shona - Zimbabwe)

Sekai Laughter (Zimbabwe)

i can speak that language having grown up there, but i have to say the first one is bullshyte, cos theres no double o's in shona, and i dunno what the hell shoorai means. Sekai is a beautiful name, i used to know a mixed race girl with that name she was finer than a motherfucker. Funny how knowing someone with a certain name makes u like/hate that name.

Shona people would sometimes name their kids in shona, and then translate it to english, and leave it in english. Some examples:

Hate

Aeroplane

Psychology (the new minister of education has this name.no joke)

Telephone

mad.

Re: Re: Why is it about black people and not just people in General.

Originally posted by BOZACK

^^^too bad Bonqueshia Alize Jenkins is alot funnier then all of those.

oh and i can't forget about Dantre'vious

My point was, that you can't point the finger solely at black people for naming their kids retarded shit. My point was people in every culture..including the 'ever superior super cool white race' names their kids stupid shit.

^^^i agree that white ppl do dumb shit, and it's laughable to entertain the thought that we're "superior" or "cool." white people have been responsible for some of the most horrific acts against humanity ever. but on a lighter note, i'm also not pointing fingers, i just enjoy laughing at the world, and this thread happened to be about ghetto names. read my above post again and you'll understand what i'm saying.

but if your feelings are still hurt after that, i'll go politically correct and make a thread dissing white ppl, one for asians, one for hispanic ppl, one for native americans, one for polynesians, and one for "other."

then you can leave me alone ok?

Originally posted by BIGBLUE

THIS THREAD WAS PROBABLY CREATED BY SOME

http://seaburn.com/blackbooksplus/stupid%20white%20men_small.jpg'>

aight, so you can post this, clearly racist, yet when we question names you find it completely stereotypical and racist? what the shit homie. thats fucked up, i have nothing against black people, i have problems with some just as i do white people, so i am just wondering why most of the time black people can straight fuckin rip on white people but the second we say something back, its racist as shit? if i put up a picture that said "this was made by some stupid black person" i would be yelled at and what not, the shit is up with that?

Originally posted by BOZACK

^^^good point but that is actually the cover of a book written my a white guy. i think the book is about how blaming everything on "stupid white men" is not right

one way or the other, he posted it to convey the message of stupid white men

i mean shit kids, if you black people want to make a thread about white people go ahead, who fuckin cares, more than likely most of us white people will add shit, instead of bitch like weiners

Archived