furniture projects and woodcrafts

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 5 years later...

I was going to start a new thread, but I found this old one. I am going to start posting pics of things I make as I make them. These took 2-3 hours and I made them out of scrap wood. I needed some gifts and did not want to spend money on it, so I made these. Really easy to make.

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

nice! my dad does the same with his scrap. they make awesome cutting boards. i've just started learning a bit more about woodworking myself. my dad and i are working on a glass top coffee table as a wedding gift for a good friend of mine.

i made this glue up a month ago to write cupcake flavors on at a farmer's market my wife and i do.

533634_616698121869_1601781394_n.jpg

cilone--if my plans end up taking me through your town on my move remind me to bring you some wood. i've got a friend that works at a custom guitar shop (reputable) and he gives me scrap on tons of awesome woods. lots of varieties of dark, hard woods (no black homo)

cilone--if my plans end up taking me through your town on my move remind me to bring you some wood. i've got a friend that works at a custom guitar shop (reputable) and he gives me scrap on tons of awesome woods. lots of varieties of dark, hard woods (no black homo)

Cool, either way, you can chill at my place.

nice! my dad does the same with his scrap. they make awesome cutting boards. i've just started learning a bit more about woodworking myself. my dad and i are working on a glass top coffee table as a wedding gift for a good friend of mine.

i made this glue up a month ago to write cupcake flavors on at a farmer's market my wife and i do.

533634_616698121869_1601781394_n.jpg

Was this sanded? I think a sanding to 220 and a few coats of poly with make this stick out.

I like it.

stolen. kwest

IMG_1361.jpg

I have seriously thought about doing something like this, but still staying functional. I think there is a fine line between glueing scraps together for some wall nonsense, and making something that expresses the same thing as your pic into something that is used as a piece of furniture.

You pic does what is in my thought process, but I continually wonder how can I make it into a table or chest.

Maybe that is a ageless problem of being "art" vs "useful"?

Either way, your pic is exactly what I think of when I think about transferring graff to woodworking.

i guess you could set up legs in the corners & raise a pane of glass over it.. itd be a pretty sick table after that

in grade 11 or 12, i made a weakass one-letter for a wood shop assignment (havent seen this kwest at the time or even knew he worked with wood, for all the fags thinking i mightve bit), haha - but it was just 3-4 pieces glued together with some shitty pencil drawings over it. real uninspiring & slothful

Was this sanded? I think a sanding to 220 and a few coats of poly with make this stick out.

I like it.

i sanded it a bit but was kinda lazy about the whole process as we were in need of a new sign and i had little time to prep it. wedding season is almost over so i'll probably finish it proper in the next few weeks.

IMG_5551.jpg

I got a few pieces of granite from a renovation to the federal building i work in. I cleaned them up and used some extra pieces of wood I was going to get rid of and made this. It took about 1 1/2 hours today to make, including cleaning up the granite.

Archived