SUN 41? "FAT LIP"??? WTF?

Guest WebsterUno

ill be watching the sum41 video in my sister's room when theres nothing else on and shell be like, Watch that white shit in your own room. them and blink- i dont really like either one of them but ill watch the video

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Face Me Face Death:

I saw the weezer video last night too...it made me pick up my guitar and play say it ain't so a few times...it rocked...

god no wonder I haven't gotten laid in over 9 months

dude my friend was a hippie typr from washington st. and he played this guitar and all of a sudden he was gone!fuckin some girl who heard him play and sang the jackin a box outlaw burger song and she threw him in this car drove up the street and bing!she fucked his guitar!

this hot rap lovin girl told him too!"I ONLY WANT TO BECAUSE THEY WAY YOU PLAYED YOUR GUITAR!!!!"yeeeeeeehaaaaa

sudz said....i saw sum41 once they rock but that was before they were famous...

how come everytime a band gets big, whenever someone says yea i saw them, they always saw them before they were famous...and in this case i wouldnt admit to going to one of their shows at all.....i pissed on some sum41 concert tickets i could see, but not actually saying you were their...yay

god fuck that band so hard in the face. my brother bought that cd (and then of course gets pissed off when mtv plays their video because he heard of them first...) and tries to convince me i'll like them because they have some "making fun of grind" song on their cd that has something about satan in the title. its just a 30 second joke. arghh. their even genre confused. oh well. make money off teenage rebellion and have a life of shame. see if i care. oh. and to all the people who use "[insert shitty band name here] was good a long time ago. now they suck. but i still listen to their old stuff" as an excuse to look cool after your fav. poppunk band gets a video on mtv, fuck off. atleast be honest with yourself and you'll get my respect, shitty music or not. but god, quit being ashamed. its pathetic. oh. heh. also, dirt is too old to rip anyone an asshole. gary would break a fucking hip.

Guest WebsterUno

Yeah, their music ispretty pathetic. I saw their video for the second time un-high, it is annoying. It looks like radio friendly punk. Kinda like teenybopper-mallrat-mommysbenz-withmyjeansItoreupbymyself-koolaidhairdyed-piercedlip-WANNABEEEZ! That little kid with the chics looks like hes having a good time though, reminded me of Kid Furie.

you people on here are all too bitter and i dont know how honest some of you guys are being but it just seems like before some of you guys think to to like them or not....you think "will i get made fun of for liking these guys" i tink thats just plain out insecure...whatever though...just stay true to your self..it doesn;t make sence to put on an act!

i like them and respect all the people who have a TRUE opinion

Ok ok. Just sit down shut up and read.

Every fucking day a new band comes out sounding like the next. Sum 41 have the same style as Blink 182. Well boo hoo. Cry me a river. I have to deal with this shit everyday cause I work in a record store. I can't begin to tell you all of the bands that have the same style of another. I have too many to list. And so fucking what!? If you ask me I would rather see another Blink 182 rip off show up than have one more pansy-ass Backstreet Boy band. Fuck that shit.

"You make me want to vomit in terror!"

one band i can honestly say got worse when they got on mtv would have to be offspring. i still like some of their new stuff but what the hell happened. pretty fly for a white guy? original prankster? what the hell is that shit? compare their first 2 records to the last 2. oh well.. i dont give a shit what anyone else thinks. go ahead and hate on me if you must.

------------------

excuse me while i light my spliff,

oh god i've got to take a lift,

from reality i just cant drift,

thats why i'm stayin' with this riff.

take it easy.

Guest WebsterUno

Insecure my arse! I was high, again, and saw a video, thought yall might have seen it, or knew of it. I noticed alot of punk/alternative/emo? hedz on here, and thought, who better to ask? My homies listen to HOLLOW TIP, RBL posse, Brutha Lynch Hung, I have like 2 people in my circle of friends that can admit to liking rock. I like music.(period) Bob Marley, TOOL, ANTI-CON, Santana, QUANNUM, Sabbath, Metallica (older stuff), Old Snoop, RATM, Molotov, Pantera, are just some of the CDs sittin in my crate. Im not bias to one particular style/kind of music. I can add to the MTV syndrome, look at Cypress Hill. They sound wack now, "SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK SUPERSTAR!!!!" ah-hem, they need to cut that crap filler music out! ranting, rambling, Bored Stiff!

Originally posted by WebsterUno:

Insecure my arse! I was high, again, and saw a video, thought yall might have seen it, or knew of it. I noticed alot of punk/alternative/emo? hedz on here, and thought, who better to ask? My homies listen to HOLLOW TIP, RBL posse, Brutha Lynch Hung, I have like 2 people in my circle of friends that can admit to liking rock. I like music.(period) Bob Marley, TOOL, ANTI-CON, Santana, QUANNUM, Sabbath, Metallica (older stuff), Old Snoop, RATM, Molotov, Pantera, are just some of the CDs sittin in my crate. Im not bias to one particular style/kind of music. I can add to the MTV syndrome, look at Cypress Hill. They sound wack now, "SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK SUPERSTAR!!!!" ah-hem, they need to cut that crap filler music out! ranting, rambling, Bored Stiff!

when arent you high?

hmmm.........reason to bash sum41:

well they obviously suck.

the fucker guitar player put a sticker on a 2000$+ guitar....prs....bastard. thats like putting a bumper sticker ona benz.

reason to like them:

if you saw their spoof video "pain for pleasure".....they did some corny ass 80's song with some funny lyrics, dope costumes, and judas preist type leather. they got a good sense of humor......other than that.....onward with the raping of that stupid band. but you gotta check out that pain for pleasure video. funny shit

Sum 41, Blink 182 and all those Blink wannabe bands just suck ass. It's just commercial MTV shit that sucks in fans with no real musical taste. THose bands usually have no musical talent and ALL sound the same. They are all boy bands under-cover. These bands are used to attract screaming girls, people w/ no taste and lousy viewers for MTV to make hella money. This shit sucks monkey balls. These guys give a bad name for real punk music-i've just stopped watching television in general. I here about this shit around town and at school...damn posers have no clue what good music actually is. The same damn songs over and over again. Wow three cords changed around and at different tempos....fucking amazing!!Fuck those shitty one hit wonder bands that only dumbfucks and prissy girls listen to. I hate this

corporate MTV god-it must die.(what happened to political music-it's all about parting and your girlfriend dumping you)-fuck that shit--they all think being punk or whatever is another fucking trend--they'll just have their rich-ass lawyer parents to go buy them every single blink 182 and mxpx shirt w/ some dc's.

well that's all i really can think of right now

theres no way any respectable person shoudl honestly like this fuckin band...look at them? in their video they sing about not being victims of conformity, but they have just about every big trend right now featured in their video. then out of no where they all try to kinda rap or something???wtf is that supposed to be??i think i hate these guys more than any other band ive seen on mtv during the past 6 monthes.

some good original ska is: The Specials

some good punk/ska is: Operation Ivy

some good punk is:Rancid, Anti-Flag, R.A.T.M.,(some older, political bands: Dead Kennedys, Subhumans, Minor Threat, etc.), also Swingin' Utters, Vandals, and Nofx & Screeching Weasel are ok.

I know more if you want them.

Guest WebsterUno

So, name some good punk bands, that you would recommend I listen to, so I can hear what youre talking about.

Question: Isnt SKA the same as punk?

or am I missing something? My friend played some ska for me, and said its punkish! WTF!?!?!?

I still love hip hop, I just like good music as well.

Archived