talented music

.:armr:.

another music thread...since every1 likes talented art...what about talented music...like any1 dig jazz or anything like that...just wondering...cuz i really like the stuff...maybe cuz im into music as much if not more than visual arts...who knows...but its really good stuff

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest MR BOJANGLES

i like everything from thelonious monk to bon jovi...(no joke)

but i HATE commercial rap. not to be confused with hiphop of course.

muddy waters is incredible...miles davis...bob dylan...there's so much talent in the world its rediculous..of course bb king...the roots..."i could go on forever baby"

of course bb king

i have a friend who plays drums in a band that opens for bb king...he got to travel to florida to do a short tour and theres a possiblity hes doing an eastcoast tour this summer. lucky bastard

and anyone around here into traditional chinese music? the kind of stuff made with such instruments as a pipa..i saw an orchestra do a world premier of a symphony for pipa last week, brand new contemporary piece..amazing stuff. classicals where its at..

dj shadow (i've heard good things about the new album, and the brainfreeze and product placement albums are the shit)

bjork (yeah!)

portishead (buy the dvd)

aesop rock (track 5 on labor days is the best hip hop songs written in the past 5 years)

you am i

regurgitator

and blah blah blah, the list goes on...............

Guest xwibxonex

yes aesop rock.. the labor days album is fuckin incredible.... bob marley is fresh as fuck all the way thru.... as for rap.. not alot of commercial shit appeals to me.. bone thugs.... back in they east 99 days..that album is fucking classic.. AOW was coo but ressurrection lacked the group as a whole... theyre new album aint gonna be too bad tho the 4 sample tracks i got so far aint bad... nas is a tight lyricist.. althoug he comes across as fake sometimes... death to ja rule i hate that fag.... puffy too... sage francis is tight... chino xl is dope as fuck... im done blabbing :)

ok here it goes.

placebo

the marz volta

belle and sebastian

sigur ros

cat power

blonde redhead

who the fuck doesn't like portishead? (repeat) bjork?

modest mouse

under a dying sun

!!!

bright eyes

deseperacidos (sp?)

-listen [blonde redhead]

-listen [sigur ros]

-watch [placebo]

yeah. try all those. if you like any of them.. i got more.

**to watch the placebo just click the link and click yes as many times as the script errors come up.

Andrew W.K.

But seriously, I agree with High Priest. If someone makes music, has made music, and will continue making music, then they have some semblance of talent, even if it's just the ability to stick to something. Do what you like, someone will eventually listen. Fuckit.

all i have to say is...jazz is were its at...cmon now...dave brubeck, miles, coltrane, and of course...sinatra

"This is Sinatra's World, We Just Live in it."

:D got that from a magnet

but yeah..i like everything...except country...that was never my thing

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES

i like everything from thelonious monk to bon jovi...(no joke)

but i HATE commercial rap. not to be confused with hiphop of course.

good job...monk...mmm...REAL hiphop...mmm...bon jovi...eh why not...mmm

mos def,common(sense),talib kweli,cali agents,krs one,wu tang,at the drive-in,zao,white zombie,older incubus(their demos are fucking awesome),the icarus line,dead kennedys,zeppelin,the who,sparta,pink floyd,no wto combo,metallica,hatebreed,glassjaw,finch,dimmu borgir,acdc,suicide machines,sabbath,ozzy

not to be a dick, but punk i dont think takes a whole lot of talent.

i just think its real easy to come up with something 2 minutes long, catchy, and stupid power chords. (for u "musically inclined" people, know what im talking about.)

some music i think takes talent would be like guns n roses, ptw, shit that takes timet o write and skill to play...

thats what i think......

Archived