Tie

Guest HALOHZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a cut n paste poem (from this thread)

painting through the window grates. GNARLY spots on market and mission

3 sweeping lines that made them so fresh

Terrin Up Metal

people come, people go.. but legends live forever

Three Sicx Famalam BKings

I remember looking at city blocks like a tornado had just passed thru

Graffiti artist Tie One (Jon Lim)

was shot to death March 18 in San Francisco.

on the bus, on the walls, on doors and in doorways,

over "stop" signs, on billboards, on freeway overpasses and even on police paddy wagons

Graffiti artist who was shot 'told the world to live

seeing his shit everywhere

an what a true savage he was

His last piece had a message on it. It said, "The joy of life,"

RIP TIE. A TRUE BOMBING KING <--------

i dont even know what to say. ive never seen doods work in person, only through the pooter...which is a shitty way to even attempt to appreciate what this guys done..but i guess ill have to settle for it for now. this is just butters and you can see that each inking has a long long story behind it, and thats what good shit does...gets your noggin going, gets you thinking..feeling. its like looking at those nice philly hands, except...its totally different, but i mean you get a similar feeling like "aww that shit is r-a-w..." anyway, ill stop running my mouth now. i hope that someday i can see for myself in person an example of his work so that i may truly appreciate what significant contribution this fella made to the world... rip

That action shot is exactly how I remembered him to look like - the ONE time I ever met him, up on market street. All he wanted to do was crush - he was the most eager and enthusiastic bomber at the time, no doubt about it. This may sound nitpicky - but he rode a little schwinn type bike at the time (not a fixed), and wore that exact same mesh hat, along with hi-water pants. It was the style in these parts, and still is, pretty much. None of the writers I know LOOK a certain way - heck, you're poor, you paint - how glamourous can you really look?

I remember where I was the night I found out he'd been shot. I vividly remember where I was in every instance for the writers and friends who passed away in the last years - Tie, PakOne and Dream - all people that I had short glimpses of them and their personality, their style and skill. It's the moment in time when you know life has changed forever - when you again have to reconcile with the passing of a friend, or even just someone whose mere presence and energy affected you in some way. The older you get, the more frequent these moments take place. All these people fullfilled their destiny in some way or another, and for Tie, I think it was to inspire and enrage - to get the fire going in your gut, to get out there and do your share of damage.

PakOne was a true, sweet and genuine person - and fun to paint and chill with, I was just getting to know him when he died. Tie was coming into his own as well as setting the trend and pace for bombing in SF, everyone loved and respected it - I was happy to see that him and Tase bombed together, as they were about the same age, and almost equals in their unique approach. And Dream is a pioneer and a legend, taken from this world in a most unjust and unfair game - another mystery as to who is responsible and whether they will ever pay for their crime. I had the joy of hanging out with Sope a few times when he lived out here, and remember him to be cheerful and witty. I never met Meta, but her art began to grow on me, and I always loved her letters - painted with such execution and craft.

Rest in Power Tie, Dream, Pak, Sope and Meta.

May Meta's and Dream's children continue on their legacy.

Ive never seen any of tie's work in person, but i very much appreciate the progress he made and the dedication he had for art, and his love graffiti.

Ive caught glimpse's and peice's of Tie's work (both as tie and seo) in magazines and various other places and have always found his style to be one step above every one else's, be it breaking through barriers of restriction of styles (the clich'e) or just painting spots that had gone unseen or noticed for years other bombers.

His Unfortinate death made tie a martyr,but his graffiti left him a legand.

Rest In Power

So what the deal with the dude that shot him. He got off free. Man thats fucked up. Shows you how society is. If TIE was some respected community figure that wore a suit to work the dude would be in jail right now for shooting him. Also in that action flick he kinda looks like hes bout to bust out some karate. Whatever man different writters have different styles. I dont knoe how people can bomb in expensive clothing brands. Id be too scared to get paint on my clothes.

Hell yeah that action shot is hot! Shit like that is what I like most about this forum. Tie is awesome, and unfortunately was taken from this world earlier than we could have hoped.

To judge someone on their physical appearance is silly. I see that photo and I see someone who was out doing exactly what they wanted to do and not giving a fuck about what others thought about it. I appreciate seeing that more than anything else, true spirit shining through. It's sad that he is gone, like many others. I hope that there is a better place.

THAT ACTION SHOT IS GREAT. AS FAR AS MESH HATS GO I ROCK AN OLD SCHOOL K- MART HAT JUST TO SHOW A LITTLE SOLIDARITY. ANYWAYS AROUND THE CITY NOT LOONG AFTER HIS DEATH THERE WERE SOME TRIBUT PIECES THAT ROCKED. SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY I HOPE THEY WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE IT ON THIS THREAD AS WELL. REST IN PIECE TIE!!!

as i sit here and look at the pictures of the youngest most craziest guy i ever met in mah life that walked the streets of san francisco i shed tears becuase the kid known as jon lim was a true bomber in mah heart he went a extra 150 feet to get a tag on a building i met him once at another writers crib i remember him as a tiny short lil azn kid but this azn kid had da biggest fawkin balls in san francisco he got up lik no other and he also ran from coast to coast catchin wreck in everyone neighborhood...

tie influenced the younger generation of san francisco no doubt about that so did everyone else as in dream, pak, beneto, and many others but tie encouraged people to say fawk the police and go higher and higher when he told me about his new york story it fawkin blew mah mind but it was a war story from a living legend dat was well known coast to coast...

jerk stated some well facts about this kid and i can remembah as a youngin bearly in the game of graff watching tie go higher and higher but i can never see why he wanted to just bomb and bomb and do nothing else but now i see why all he wanted to do was bomb and itz because the streets where his heart was at and he had to share it with the world u know...

so im saying dis one more time much respect to TIEone(jon lim) and of course we all miss you down here on earth and your style has influenced a lot of people and i know ur watching us from some where if its heaven or hell im just lettin you know dat we are all missing your touch and appearence...

Guest rukus

tie related stories

anybody got any storys about tie like bombin stories and chases...

the one about him breakin his legs and hiding in the snow is pretty crazy.

Guest ceasoner

a long time ago someone posted a tie one-liner throwup that they had in there black book. Most people probably havent seen it but whoever has it please post it. That one throw up alone showed how much style this kid really had.

rest in peice tie......

RIP TO JONATHAN...TIEONE,

I remember catching the bus home and seeing TIE written hella big all

down the windows,like every fucking day..This was in like 7 years ago...

Know i wasn't always in the best terms with Jonathan but I let that go real quik after he passed on...He put MAJOR stripes down for the WEST

COAST....True underground scene for shure i know that much..

So big Respects to him....RIP.

RIP TO PAWES. MDK..

Now this Big mouth motherfukka was one of my best friends..

He always kep shit real...Anyone that knew Anthony knew he spoke

his mind..Always had an opinon on shit..Funny as hell...Anthony was

a fucken comedian....Bagged all day on toy's,but always kept shit real.

Im so lost without my boy...But there's been alot of folks that has

past on the last couple of years...So for everyone that past away....

And everyone that had friend's in this game pass away..

Keep this real...Much respect & love........

RIP TIE, RIP DREAM, & EVERYONE ELSE.......ANTHONY CRUZ 1 LUV...

• 3 weeks later...

i remember going to sf right when he got back from newyork and was assing shit out hard all of the sudden, he was doing these outlines of that throwup, two in a row one backwards one forwards all connected, anyone have any pictures of those? i saw two tie throwups in a row under a freeway bridge in cheyenne wyoming in 2000. r.i.p.

Archived