Tie

Guest HALOHZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, just found this thread. Jon See Lim was my nephew in traditional chinese culture, not blood, but related just the same. i remember when he first got down with thr and had to skip town so he could beat the rap on some graff cases he had in san jose. he went to chicago and ny to bomb and develop his style- broke his legs jumpin off a roof and hiding in snow to get over, he never even waited for his legs to heal and for the rest of his days walked with a small limp and in pain-but you would never know that cause he wouldnt show it. he would call me every day telling me about what he was hitting and who he was meeting-i used to think he was nuts and was actually really scared for him, sometimes i didnt believe him, he said sometimes he would do twenty throws a day, and twenty AT NIGHT! i couldnt believe that at all.

ok cut it short-heres my tie tales

that guy used to listen to kung fu disco soundtracks in his headphones when he was bombing, some ill bruce lee movie soundtracks and shit.

he one time left me a whole thirty minute message on my machine with that stuff in the background rapping.-what a nut.

when he went to Nyc- he brought 60 mops filled with him, some pens, stickers, and a sweater-just about nothing else.

i was painting a piece once and he rolled me up and started screaming at me at the top of his lungs because i had brushed an outline of his, but then proceded to break me off german thin tips cause he didnt want to see me outlining with stock caps, then twist rolls up and tie starts yelling at him too, llike" you fuckin never go bombin, you need to represent thr barry, i go out every night barry! i go bombing i go tie tie tie tie all over this fuckin city!, then some girl in a car rolls up to the spot, and tie tries to hook me up with her, man it was great, we made peace all together right there, but it seemed like twisto and tie didnt hit it off so great, as it would seem. the night after or so some cat that had funk with twist for some reason rolled up on tie, and this dude was huge! and tie straight said "i got twists back till the day i die!" and spit in dudes face, this dude was twice as big and twice as tall as tie, and tie took one for the team that night, and was still talkin shit on the ground from what i hear.

i visit jon once a year, his parents dont remember me but i visit them infrequently at the bakery and tip a lot.

great thread, love to see more flicks.

Guest chicken bone

Great story.. I remember meeting Benet a couple years back and talking to him about Tie.. Even though I didn't know him I appreciated and marvelled at the stories about him and the legacy he left behind. To me, he was one of the rare epitomes of 'realness'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest njbomber

tie was a good frend of mine.he was a true bomber.if u wanted to go bombing he would be there.he traveled from san fran to nyc where i met him over there.he was cool.he got killed by sum faggot who thought he was trying to rob his house while he was just trying to bomb a rooftop.anyway peazzzzzzzzzzz out keep them flix.rrest in peace tie/seo

Guest njbomber

yo i met tie im manhattan near scrapyard.he was scoping out a spot in the parking lot.we traded books to hit.he seemed cool.he was tellin me how he had come down here to nyc even tho i live in nj,he lived in san fran.he told me stories and shyt.he was a cool dude.he was a crazy bomber.thats all i have to say about the bombing king tie.rest in peazzzzz tie.:king: tie

I REMEMBER....

I was 17 and went to visit my sister in cali, just getting into graff, all about tags and bombs right. I was wandering around looking looking at shit and saw about a thousand TIE tags/throwies. That night I went home and scribbled for hours trying to bite his bombs. Then I came home back to the east coast and told all my friends about the crazy kids they got over there, I always wanted to meet him and then I heard he died. I read that article in Big Time and it was really good, he lived for graff. R.I.P Tie/Seo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 87centHitMan

Oh man, I don't feel right laughing in the RIP thread, But, 'Woot! and sad Woot.' That's funny as hell. But Dammit, I heard the story about what happened...I'd be getting revenge personally if One of my freinds was killed in such a manner. Stupid twists of fate. RIP Tie.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 87centHitMan

Has anyone seen some memorial for tie on a big boat? It's supposed to be some HUGE-ASS roller done by FATE on the side of some giant battleship or some shit. Anybody got a flick of this? Sounds interesting.

Originally posted by 87centHitMan

Has anyone seen some memorial for tie on a big boat? It's supposed to be some HUGE-ASS roller done by FATE on the side of some giant battleship or some shit. Anybody

FATE and MQ. And yes, it is immense. There's about six million shots of it on this board. Do a search.

Archived