WTF?

Smart

so a newspaper site that I visit to check on whats up around my relatives had this poll question today... I answered NO to be ironic but then I found that, of 201 respondants, 63% ALSO voted NO...

What? Really?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If that is the way they worded the poll,considering the intelligence of most Americans, they were thinking this meant the nude pyramids and genital electroshock.

I am voting no because I do not feel we should even be over there. If I felt there was a valid reason for us being there I would vote yes.

edit** wait... bar.. for whatever reason I skipped that word. I should have voted yes. Thank you alcohol/tired.

edit2** spelling.

edit3** forgot to actually edit spelling.

<span style='color:indigo'>People where I live don't even care. They are all like "Well they blew up the tiwn towers so they deserve it." The government is still saying we need to win the war, isn't Saddam gone? Notice how at first it was "We got to get those WMD's, but after a while it was "We have to get Hussein. I know this has nothing to do with the prison scandal but... I hear the second batch of photos is even worse. I can only imagine.</span>

Originally posted by ODS-1

<span style='color:indigo'>People where I live don't even care. They are all like "Well they blew up the tiwn towers so they deserve it." The government is still saying we need to win the war, isn't Saddam gone? Notice how at first it was "We got to get those WMD's, but after a while it was "We have to get Hussein. I know this has nothing to do with the prison scandal but... I hear the second batch of photos is even worse. I can only imagine.</span>

Of course there's a shifting rationale. these people are the kings of shifting rationales. Remember the tax cuts? First it was "since the economy is kicking so much ass, we need to share the wealth with everyone." Then it turned to "We need to cut taxes to stave off this recession," then "we need tax cuts to get us out of the recession." Now, 3 years later they're saying "See how the recession is ending? It's time to cut taxes again!"

This whole thing about "as soon as we capture Uday/Qasay/Saddam/Osama/Mullah Omar/Muktada al Sadr everything will be OK" idea is nonsense. There is no insurgist kingpin orchestrating the resistance. These kinds of groups don't need or want centralized control, they thrive by having independent cells that can't rat out the entire orgainzation.

That whole thing about "these people did 911 and all that so it's ok to maul them with attack dogs" line is bullshit on so many levels. First, all brown people are not collectively responsible for september eleventh, just as all white people are not responsible for the holocaust. Second, we're supposed to be better than the terrorists (fuck i hate that term, "the terrorists"). Just because you accidentally ran over my dog doesn't mean I get to run down and kill you and your entire family. Hey george: remember that rugged moralism you claimed to have? It's time to realize that some truly wrong, evil shit is going down and to do something about it.

</rant> for now...

Originally posted by Nekro

That whole thing about "these people did 911 and all that so it's ok to maul them with attack dogs" line is bullshit on so many levels. First, all brown people are not collectively responsible for september eleventh

</rant> for now...

Did you think I was blaming all brown people? Or are you talking about the people I was talking about?

ok, just on the local follow up...

32% Yes

62% No

top quote on the No side:

"No, the Bible says nothing about torture, it's only don't kill them. Thou shalt not kill. That is what it says."

the quote at the bottom reads:

"No, we should cut off their heads, burn their bodies and hang them from a bridge.This wimpy liberal stuff doesn't work anymore."

today's question... Should employers have the right to consider religious practices in evaluating their employees?

This is fucking rediculous! I hate this place!

Originally posted by Smart

today's question... Should employers have the right to consider religious practices in evaluating their employees?

oh man.... what kind of mind would actually say yes?

we all know the barbaric acts committed against those pow's was worng...right, we got that.

Now consider that we've also got some individuals in custody that weren't just the barefoot conscripts armed with the quivalent of rubber band guns when we invaded Iraq. There are folks that occupied some of the "top slots" in the corporation so to speak.

Obviously, they have info that would prove invaluable in perhaps bringing this whole messy conflict towards a quicker resolution. If we are to deny ourselves the methods to properly extract said information, then these assholes get to clam up and walk away with it.

In situations of this sort, i find it perfectly acceptable to utilize interrogation methods that could help yield information that would prove beneficial and invaluable in bringing this conflict closer to an end.

If someone had a dirty bomb planted in a major city, I would support methods of interogation/torture that would yield the bombs location. I guess it's all really a matter of circumstance. There's obviously no point in depriving a militia member of sleep for four days just so he'll give up the location of his creanmy stash of AK-47's. It's a totally different thing to do the same thing to the prick that can divulge the location of the top guys that are directing the cowardly and vicious attacks against coalition forces and civilians.

Like I said, I don't think all these prisoners should be treated alike in regards to interrogation but there does need to be a distinction between who gets it rough and who doesn't. This whole "give'em a little slap on the wrist" doesn't make sense

Archived