Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

White Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Fabo 2, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Guest

I got in an argument the other day with a guy who said all white hip hop was crap because the people who made it were white suburbanites, and not black gangstaaz. Three points:
    1. There are a lot of poor white people.
    2. Commercial hip hop is stale and predictable in both it's image and it's music. The same tired samples are used over and over again. There are a lot of very shit emcees who rely entirely on where they grew up for credability, and to be honest I really don't give a flying fuck where El-P grew up, or the fact that he's white, but I know he makes some of the best hip hop I've ever heard.
    3. It's music, man! It not about image.

AAAAArghhh.....now I'm angry.

2. skum lord

skum lord Junior Member

hiphop is translucent

no color barriers.

3. Ceso One SAF

Ceso One SAF Member

4. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

co floooooooooooooww....

5. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

If its not black, its wack...

Best recognize...

no, not really.

Vanilla ice...like what?!

6. GaspOne

GaspOne Banned

hip hop isnt white, hip hop isnt black,

its multi cultural, just cus black people started it, doesnt mean it has to carry on that way...

alot of the people who are making these 'black emcees' rich are the people they call the 'white suburbanites' so why complain?....

7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

there is just as much crappy and fake "black" hip hop out there as there is crappy and fake "white" hip hop.

8. zen

zen New Jack

im starting to wonder. every black person on this board dosent seem to like white people. does any one like white people?

music is so dope. hip hop is very diverse. trouble is that means theres alot of idiots who listen to hip hop.

9. SE4_2002

SE4_2002 Guest

Remember "Rapture" by blondie, with all Fab five freddy and lee that was like 1978...Honkymotherfuckingpower, hehe..I personally love being white..

10. WISE

WISE Member

I'm white. I like hip hop, a lot.

But I do hate when I go to a hip hop show (with black perfomers) and it's an all white crowd. I know that maybe makes me a hyprocrite and/or stereotypical...but I do think that there is a certain more authenticity (sp?) when there is a mixed or mostly black crowd.

White people can rap just as well and anybody else...I just hate it when white people try gangsta rap. That just looks silly, no matter how hard they are.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say

11. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

lol i bet 90% of this board is white...

12. SE4_2002

SE4_2002 Guest

yeah and fuck "wigger`s" too..You are who you are deal with it...Fuck all the haters anyhow, be white or black it just don`t matter.

13. GEAsusONEnep

GEAsusONEnep Guest

This is a stupid fucking thread. Not because its a stupid topic, but because all of you kids made moronic comments that you should consider deleting/editing.

I don't want to hear some kid from the suburbs rap. Thats just not hip hop. Sorry.

14. melt

melt Guest

so true.

15. the JEL kid

the JEL kid Junior Member

HIPHOP IS JUST HIPHOP.....JUST LEAVE IT ALONE.