Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What kinda Computer?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega, Jul 14, 2001.

1. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Ok I need a new computer, I need it to be able to edit video, be good for graphic design, and burn cds/dvds. What would be good? I want atleast a 40gig harddrive. Also, Mac or PC? I have a nasty ass PC right now. I am looking to pay $1500 at the most. Any Suggestions?

Also, my friend was tellign about some kinda computers called, "Alien Wearz" or something, I was unable to find info on them, help would be nice.

------------------
    Girls suck.

2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i constantly hear people raving about how great macs are for all the things you listed, id say look into those....

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

3. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

um, i highly doubt you will find a nice somewhat current powermac for $1500.......my advice would be to go with mac though.......but whatever you're more comfortable with........you're into super 8??? how are you gonna get that onto your computer?
    you should also keep in mind that there are things like Max/NATO out there(for mac).....here's a link to the future of video art.... http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/v...x/nato/nato.htm http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/v...atoworkshop.mov
    this link gives you a nice fat quicktime vid to watch....a workshop with experts......
    this shit is powerful.

4. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

make sure you get a flux capacitor, a johnson rod, and a quantum rebigulator, with a gambletron 2000 installed with it.

6. neahs_number

neahs_number Member

try DELL, i customized a comp online at dell.com i can do what you want and i got it for barley over 1000...so ......?

7. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Thansk for the info and such, I'm looking into Macs, they seem to be what I am looking for.

About the Super 8, it's pain in the ass to edit it on your computer, and too expensive. I used to do it at school. I get the Super 8 film, develope it and transfer it to VHS, then from VHS I transfer it to Mini Dv then slap the bitch in trv-11 and put it on the computer. It's cost to much to put it on VHS then on Mini DV so normally I just go over to the university and for like $3.50 an hour they let me use their film lab and editing jazz.

I shoot on Super 8 and Mini DV.

------------------
    Girls suck.

8. oOsoupOo

oOsoupOo Senior Member

You can't burn DVD's

9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

really? then go here http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/search/al...ner%22&cl=dmiyg and let them know they are selling somthing that doesnt exist. oh, and stop by apple's website and tell them the DVD/CD burner that they bundle with some powermac G4s doesnt exist either...I'm sure they wanna get that all straightened out...

10. oOsoupOo

oOsoupOo Senior Member

i thought dvd's were coded so you couldn't copy them?

11. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

lol

------------------
    "So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"
    -nas

12. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

you think people only want to copy dvd's
    many people want a dvd burner to take advantage of the larger storage capacity of the dvd. as far as dvds being coded so you cant copy them...i wouldnt know about that....

13. kOmega

kOmega Guest

i hve a pOwer mac G4 at it works just fine had it on for about 3 months straight now and only had to reboot once and that was cuz i installed photo shop and illustrator..
    but yah G4's all the way but i doubt youll find one for 1500$ they are pricy..
    mine was 9 G's but i got the werks and a good deal..but i doubt youll need all the things it has..
    peace
    Mac..s

14. kOmega

kOmega Guest

DVD/CD BURNER means it sa dvd and a burner in one..
    doesnt mean it burns DVD's..
    but you can uncode the DVD's but it takes about 3 gigs of your drive then you have to compress it to make it fit on a cd..
    its called divix or sumthing ..i think
    dvd ripper..
    peace

15. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

ive seen actual dvd burners before so they do exist.