Universe

JambaJuice

Just so you guys know, if you took a quarter and placed it on the ground, in comparison to the entire united states, that would be the size of our solar system (sun, earth, jupiter, etc), in the Milky Way Galaxy. And there are billions, and billions of galaxies, just in our observable universe.

also, this is the best page on the internet...

Astronomy Picture of the Day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^

Explanation: Is this what will become of the Earth's surface? The surface of the Earth is broken up into several large plates that are slowly shifting. About 250 million years ago, the plates on which the present-day continents rest were positioned quite differently, so that all the landmasses were clustered together in one supercontinent now dubbed Pangea. About 250 million years from now, the plates are again projected to reposition themselves so that a single landmass dominates. The above simulation from the PALEAOMAP Project shows this giant landmass: Pangea Ultima. At that time, the Atlantic Ocean will be just a distant memory, and whatever beings inhabit Earth will be able to walk from North America to Africa.

Doesnt really matter, since the sun will explode in < 5 billion years. Which is very chump change in astronomical time.

I have that class in an hour and a half! I love that shit. Its my first class so its EXTREMELY hard to convince myself that

intermediate portuguese is worth learning after knowing that at any point a meteor could collide with another on the asteroid

belt and come flying at us at astronomical speed.