Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

soliciting

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by modifly, Apr 20, 2006.

1. modifly

modifly Banned

Basically i give about 200 people a day about 40 seconds tops. I run into alot of assholes. Take alot of no's. The no's dont really bother me that much because i also get some yes. I make decent money, this is neither here nor there.
    Today i had 2 people threaten to call the cops on me.
    The one bitch looked like a bird so i called her out on it. The other fucker dialed 911. I want to etch his windows. Regardless. Can anybody think of some good shit for me to say to these assholes? The best avenue is to just laugh. They want you to get mad and this pisses people off. Nevertheless sometimes i cant control my urge to just tell someone off. Any creative suggestions? Anybody know any good tricks that wont get me arrested? I so far have controlled my urge to piss in lobbys. Last week some shithead yelled at me to not solicit. I told him i wasnt selling ass however he could suck my dick for a price.
    The other thing... you wouldnt believe how many people leave themselves open. Leave a store unattended. Today i walked right into a full warehouse. Lights were off. No cars outside. Door was unlocked. I see purses all day just sitting with no one in sight. People just leave sometimes without locking up. I stress myself to not run registers. Im trying to live right but i got evil streaks. Just on monday i saw fiftys and hundreds. probably more than 400 on a table in a resturaunt. I didnt do anything but this job is testing my weak morals and ethics to the brink

2. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

I didn't read a word of that.

3. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Veteran Member

respect man, i have nothing but this for people who do your line of work, it must be tough

however, it seems like it would be an interesting and entertaining job nonetheless, one i wouldnt mind doing
    what do u sell, howd u get the position and how do you get paid?
    what kinda hours do u work

4. RumPuncher

RumPuncher Elite Member

I've been in a very similar spot (not the stealing thing, the dealing with angry asshole thing)
    and I always found the best way to make the confrontation end is to put the whole crux of
    the conflict directly on them. Like so:

me: would you be interested in blah blah blah
    them: you cant be selling roar roar roar
    me: you could have just said 'no thanks' and it would have been over. You're making more out of this than necessary. You've got the problem.

5. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

I read a little but i only gave it about 20 seconds max.

6. Issac Brock

Issac Brock Elite Member

i find it impossible to steal from people -- not big companies -- but people, I can not do it. If i were to do it, i would constantly think about it afterward and not feel right until I gave it back somehow.

7. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

find a way to humiliate the person, so that they reflect upon it afterwards and know that youre right.

8. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

I feel bad sometimes when xmas time comes and the santas ask for money. but i can barely feed myself these days

9. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Veteran Member

to answer your question, always guilt trip them in some way andmake them feel like jerks
    like :

okay i guess this starving girl in _______ will not get support from you to get food.....thanks

or something to that affect
    i know personally i feel guilty as hell turning down some of you mofuckas

10. modifly

modifly Banned

I sell cd cases, Disney Books, Spotlights, RC cars, Duck Umbrellas, Stuff for kids, Laser pointers, Just to name a few things....

I got that boy, I got that girl, I got that hard and i got that soft. What you need? First hits free!
    Its all commission. You good at talking you can make 600 a week. Not great but better than flippin burgers. Other good things.... I work unsupervised. I work outside. Today i worked from 9-3 got drunk and took a nap and made 63 without really doing much

11. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

so today i revealed to 12oz that i wear tall tees and that i have a cellphone

12. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i hate dealing with people. but the gig sounds nice.

i like the no boss thing.

13. modifly

modifly Banned

yeah. thanks rum. Thats probably the best thing i could say. Im pretty responsible. I dont steal from these people. I want that to be clear but i need to keep myself in check. This is just the type person i am. I see 3 purses and i start envisioning 3 checkbooks. a bunch of cash and some credit cards.
    I dont fuck around like that.

In my line of work keeping your attitude is KEY. You let people get under your skin you cant sell shit. I try to let that bullshit bounce off

14. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i dont mind stealing from people as long as they deserve it.

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

so you're one of those fucking idiots with the duffle bag full of shit walking up into places asking if they want to buy an alarm clock. wow. i hate people like you. you're always interrupting peoples lives, trying to sell em some bullshit they dont need, then you get mad when people dont wanna be bothered. i had a motherfucker trying to sell me picasso paintings last week. dude wouldnt just accept 'no'. if fools that do your job were really good at talking, they'd be selling something alot more lucrative than rubber duckies and sunglasses.

maybe you personally are alright, but from my experience, fools that do your job are pretty much out of work carnies. good luck getting into heaven with a rep like that shit.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006