Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

So my current credit card balance is

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by swif1, Mar 9, 2005.

1. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

OSCAR MIKE GOLF WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT BRAVO BRAVO QUEBEC

ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!111!!1!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111~

OK, I'm going to put my debit and credit card in a safe place until the end of April. The god damn statement better arrive today. Thank god, I still have some cash lying around. Sorry, I had to vent.

2. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

$700 is alot apparently?
    i had $17,000.

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

WTFOMGBBQ ia a SomethignAwful TradeMark.

my credit cards are at ZERO.
    My Line of Credit.... $7770

5. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

6. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

eheh $700???
    aha

i have like 18K...half of that is my damn car... well whatever. i figure if i die with debt.. that's ok as long as i lived my life.

7. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

amen ube.

I'm really comitted to paying off my debt because when it's gone,
    my Parents are going to reward me with a hiking trip to Machu Pichu.
    I know it's a bit late in life for rewards like that, but I'm not saying 'no thanks'.

One thing, it's important to have credit available to you if you ever need a loan.
    I currently have something like 25k available, so It shouldnt be hard to get a home loan when the time is right.

8. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

Wow, thanks for making me feel my statement isn't high. :lol:

Bah, I meant OMGWTFBBQ.

Yeah, my limit is a little over $2,000 right now. I can up it to around $10,000, but that's just ludicrous.

<3

9. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

eheh.

if i sold my house after i paid everything off including school i'd be in the green like 80k so i'm not too worried about it. if i fall on hard times the house is always there as my safety net. in addition i have 25k in savings... =) i just don't feel like using up my safety nets.. i get it down.

but Kilos right, i dont think anyone would loan to me right now. not that i'm worried about it since i have 3 more years of school, own a house already and a benzo... not too worried about things. i have time.

people wonder why i'm not stressed about the credit card but i look at the big picture.

oh yah and i have 25K credit limit on both of my cards.... i could be in more trouble if i wanted.

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

if you have 18k on your card (including your car), but 25k in the bank, need i point out that your apr% is probably higher than the interest on your savings, so stockpiling all that money is actually costing you money.

then again, i should not be trusted with anything financially related.

seeks/i'm an accountant.

11. Limit's at $7500, owe nothing. I went up to owing $1800, and was paying it off in $200 steps, then said fuckit and just paid the whole damn thing when the checking account looked healthy enough to survive the chomp.

Felt really fucking good.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

when my debt is gone I'm having the biggest party!

wait.... that's probably why I'm in debt.

13. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

indeed. but seeing as i'm in school with a very unreliable source of income i prefer to keep the cash in case i were ever to be in a serious financial pinch. u know? maybe i should haul out 10k and at least drop that on the debt.

enh.

14. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

or haul out the 10K and buy me that motorbike I've always wanted.

:wink2:

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

well, if you were ever really in that much of a pinch, you could always throw it on the card at that point.
    i totally see your rational, i'd way rather have the cash as a fallback too, but even if the difference between your rates is only 5% (which is probably even a low estimate) you could still save $900 a year by paying it off.