Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Let's see your bicycles and talk about your builds.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Post 'em... I don't care if there's a 5 year old 600 page thread on the subject already. It's 2017. I've got two bikes, both BMX. I will post them soon when I can get you all some sweet pix with my iphone. I'd like to one day get into downhill mt. biking but my propensity to steer myself from mediocrity puts the bike I'd want in the 5-8k dollar price range. I won't buy something that's "ok" to get by for now until I can get something better.

If you don't want to post your bike, lets hear some of your cycling stories, I know there's a lot of people on this site that bike.

2. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

3. Hua Guofang

4. Dirty_habiT

Ah! Very nice, I'm jealous. Those look to be the exact kind of bikes I want to get into. It's cool that you're using platform pedals so you're not "strapped in" when you wreck like you get to experience with clipless pedals. Riding BMX for such a long time has taught me how and when to bail to minimize getting hurt by mistakes.

5. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

6. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

7. Hua Guofang

Very nice: plus sized tyres, dropper post, looks like about 140mm travel. Very fun bike that one. First things first, get some new pedals!!

Reckon you'd have some nice trails out that way.

8. Hua Guofang

I wouldn't mind clipping in but my left knee just doesn't like it for some reason.

9. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

10. theprotester

I'm just here to say Texas Lexus

11. Dirty_habiT

12. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

It rhymes?
    That's all I got from it.

13. theprotester

Please never search for higher meaning in my posts

LUGR likes this.
  14. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Yeah, all this is new to me. Used to race BMX as a kid, but my boy was just up here with his bikes and it just looked so fun. All the ski mountains run trails and lifts in the summer for bikes. About to get my season pass and will have all winter to read up and see what else might help make this more fun, but already got a couple expensive hobbies so not sure how much more I plan to put into this one.

15. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Side note, is I got this for 50% off on an end of season clearance. Wasn't really planning on it, but after a few calls, was told it was way too good to pass up and that I could probably pull most money back out after a season or so if it came down to it. Anyways, we'll see. I can use the exercise.