Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i made wine

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/writer/picture_dump_661_Small.jpg'>

here is an early batch, it started fermenting soon after i put the yeast in. an animal bit it though, at least i think that's what happened, and it leaked out. so i made some more in a glass container, and tested it out a few minutes ago.

here's how i made it

apple juice
    yeast

i put some apple juice in a bottle, then put a spoonful of yeast in. then i opened the cap for the gas to escape, then sat it down, for two or three days. next time i may experiment with other juices, or adding sugar.

2. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

My friends older brother spent a few weeks in county recently and picked up a recipe for Pruno. Turns out it actually works pretty well, tho i wont drink it on account of hearing people going blind after a couple drinks. Hope the stuff you cooked up works better.

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

good luck arcel..

i know a redneck who has spent lots of money to try and make wine and it just came out ok

i got free wine because i bartend and would save him empty bottles...

im sure you know there is a little more to winemaking than just adding a little yeast to juice..

4. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

I drank wine on bastille day and watched the tour as uaual

5. Dick Quickwood

obviously not

High preist: haha, pruno

6. Don't Panic

Don't Panic Member

Have you actually tasted that shit yet?
    Looks pretty fucking foul.
    But cheers for actually yielding results, most people just bullshit about how cool it would be to do things like this and never follow through. Like myself.

7. Dick Quickwood

i put some ice in a cup and drank it, i was already kind of drunk, so i don't know for sure how bad it is.

8. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

dude, turn this into a real project... that could be awesome.

grow grapes and everything from the A to the Z !!

9. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

My orange juice fermented by itself once.

10. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

thats hot...i wanna try that now

11. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Apple Wine

Yields one gallon

1 gallon Fresh Apple Cider
    1 tsp. Yeast Nutrient
    1 pound Sugar
    1 crushed Campden Tablet
    1.5 tsp. Acid Blend
    1 package Wine Yeast
    .5 tsp. Pectic Enzyme
    .25 tsp. Grape Tannin

Put juice into a primary fermenter bucket and immediately add the crushed campden tablet, all other ingredients except yeast, and stir well.

Cover loosely, and wait 24 hours. Add yeast, and stir daily. After 4-5 days, crush another campden tablet, place in glass secondary, and siphon into glass and put airlock and stopper on top.

In 3 weeks, siphon off of sediment into clean glass jug, along with 1/2 campden tablet, and re-attach airlock and stopper. Siphon along with 1/2 campden every 30 days for at least 2 more times, and again if still sediment. To sweeten slightly, add 1/2 tsp stabilizer, then 1/2 cup dissolved sugar per gallon. Wait 2-3 days, then bottle and cork.

http://www.homebrewmart.com/winereci.html

12. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

i made root beer a few years ago. tasted pretty good also!

13. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

did it taste good?
    im talking about the wine.

how do you make root beer?

14. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

i know your talkin wine, but root beer still ferments. i forget how you do it, i could maybe dig up a recipe, or you could google it. there is root beer extract that you can get at brewing places. you need water and yeast. after that i'm not sure
    *edit*
    if you want to make root beer pick some of this up.
    [​IMG]

15. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

^^^^hahaha. That's cool.