HaNgOvErS

meateater

i bet you all have awoken up in the morning and said "IM NEVER DRINKING AGAIN" <------ ive said this many of time but it never happends cause i end back out drinkning that night...

ok every week ill at least wake up with 2-3 hangovers during my week/weekend...ive tried many things that people have told me to do, to cure a hangover b4 u get one...

.slippery elms

.lotsa water b4 going to bed

.panadole b4 bed

.energy drinks

.hangover pills

.even kept drinking so i wouldnt get one but then i had to stop no more

drinkies.

BUT nothing seems to work for me much as i would like them to.

i spose hangovers have grown apart of my life.

WHAT do u do to try and get over your hangover or not get one at all???

:krunk: :sick: :yuck:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest amorphic

Drinking a glass of water for every shot/wine glass/beer consumed is the general rule. Also Vitamin B12 helps a lot the next day or right before you're about to crash.

i quit drinking, because the hangovers weren't worth the fun i had the night before.

the only thing i ever found to work well was the 1 glass of water per drink idea and sleeping sitting up. for some reason, everytime i slept sitting up after totally wasted i felt fine the next morning.

but i'm tempted to try those "chasers" pills you can order online that are supposed to cure hangovers. a buddy of mine swears by them, but he never got real hangovers like i did.

Originally posted by iquit

oh god, is this possible?

yep. alcohol triggers migraines for me, and the worst ones can easily be described as incredibly fucking painful. my eyes become light sensitive (as in any light is blinding), my head pain makes me nauseous (so crapping and vomiting), and the only thing i can do is take way too much vicodin and hope i pass out until it goes away.

not really worth a couple beers at a party the night before. i'd rather sit around and draw on the drunks when they pass out and steal their cigarettes.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

yep. alcohol triggers migraines for me, and the worst ones can easily be described as incredibly fucking painful. my eyes become light sensitive (as in any light is blinding), my head pain makes me nauseous (so crapping and vomiting), and the only thing i can do is take way too much vicodin and hope i pass out until it goes away.

not really worth a couple beers at a party the night before. i'd rather sit around and draw on the drunks when they pass out and steal their cigarettes.

fuck bro, that is entirely shitty.

my girlfriend is chinese and she gets full on krunk from a glass of wine, but she doesnt suffer the hangover too bad i dont think.

oh well. one man's trash is another man's treasure. and i guess one man's meds are another man's poison. or something.

what I usually do is grab a bottle of gatorade from teh gas stationa and make that the last thing I drink before bed and take a centrum vitamin. I'm usually feeling pretty good the next morning. Slightly tired but thats because after a night of drinking I can usually only sleep about 5 hours instead of my normal 12.

yeah, presently i'm on a search for a vice. i quit drinking, i haven't found any drugs i like to do/should be doing/want to try, and i have to quit smoking because i'm "singing" in a hardcore band and it's killing me. i'm fresh out of ideas, and i'd kill for something to replace nicotine (that isn't food).

stupid body rejecting poisons. how dare you.

speaking of which, i have concluded today (after much denial, trial, and error) that i can no longer eat meat, for it makes me incredibly sick. all those years of being a damn dirty vegetarian have caught up with me, and i can no longer enjoy the simple pleasure of a hamburger.

i don't even remember what this thread is about anymore.

*edit- oh yeah, hangovers.

buurrrrpppPP.....

Originally posted by bute

yeah boyeeee. im with when. im too tough. ive never gotten a decent hangover in my life. i think i am immune coz both my parents are alko's.:lol:

u obviously dont drink enuf and red cordial dosnt count!

Originally posted by fatbastard

meateater: loses mass ammounts of money on alcohol. and gets hangovers.

fatbastard:plays it straight..keeps his cash, and wakes up in the morning ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!

fatbastard 1

meateater 0

and for you!

mother fucker, mother fucker, mother fuckerrrrrrr!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glass of water every drink? What is this world coming to?.. If i caught some dude doing that at a party, i would cut him off STAT. If you eat a large healthy meal and have plenty of fluids when you wake up, you should be good in a matter of an hour. Trust me, i drink 360 out of 365 days a year.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

It's 7:49am and I'm already high.

Uh, time to admit you have a problem.

I have no idea how to prevent hangovers.. other than not drinking, but i've personally found that water and heavy foods the morning after always help a bit.. though i wouldn't always recommend it.

Gave up the drugs cold turkey, what what.

I am the KING of hangovers!

seriously... there was a phase in my life where

I was hungover every single day of the week.

I'm not really proud of it, but with a job that starts

at noon, you feel you can give yourself a few liberties.

I got to the point where I'd skip the hangover and

just wake up still drunk. That's a terrible feeling because

you know you'll get hit with the hangover in a few hours.

That's what makes some people hit the 'hair of the dog'.

The only real 'cure' for the hangover is actually simple but it

is very hard to do. First you drink as much water as possible

and pop 2 advils right before you go to bed. A bite to eat wont

hurt the situation either. Then you set the alarm for 1 hour

before you need to wake up. Have anoth big bottle of water and

2 more advils next to your bed and take them when the alarm

goes off. Then move the alarm forward 1 hour and go back to sleep.

That always worked for me.

On a side note, the intensity of the hangover is directly related

to how long you are awake after your last drink. If you fall asleap

with an open beer you couldnt finish, you're doomed. Try to take

at least an hour to let your system settle before crashing.

like I said... I LIVED a drunk/hungover/drunk/hungover cycle for too long.

and now I'm thinking about quiting all together.

(unless I'm on a beach)

Originally posted by iquit

i always felt la hangover was like a "job well done" pat on the back.

Hahahaha....well put.

I just drink a ton of water before bed, and get up maybe twice to get more, which seems to work splendidly. In the occasion of a really bad hangover, I just drink water all day, and pop a bunch of painkillers, which again works fine.....

Plus like Kilo said, a full stomach helps, too.....

I only had a hangover once in my life.

that was because I drank a few 40's and then

drank bicardi later in the night.

I puked behind some bushes.

Otherwise, I might wake up with a headache and

some light/noise sensitivity.

All I know is:

*eat a big, healthy meal before drinking (helps absorb the alc)

*take a few painkillers before going to sleep

*if your stomach does feel queasy the next day, drink GINGER ALE!

When i did have that one hangover, ginger ale was the only thing that made me feel ok. I swear by it whenever queasiness is involved.

*oh, and water. water is very important. The headaches you usually get in the morning are caused by massive dehydration.

there isn't anything wrong with dropping a finger down the ole throat to clean out the pipes before you pass out.

I remember being so fucked up one night that I had the brilliant idea to puke before going to bed. I didn't even have to stick my finger down my throat...I just willed myself to throw up. felt like a champ the next morning while my roommates were suffering.

^ hahaha... brothers from different mothers!

I used that trick last Sunday Night.

I just knew that it would be pure hell if I didnt't.

It was really easy actualy. I just thought of the last 2 beers and 2 jager shots

and how bad they would hurt me in the morning, then out they came.

There wasn't even a chunck to speak of. Mind over matter applied to purging.

Archived