Go easy on the shout outs.... m'kay?

RumPuncher

I just saw a new production wall that had maybe 3 nice pieces..... a few shit ones....

but their 'shout outs' list has like 100 names

ok.. maybe not 100, but so damn many that

it was just stupid. Plus they were shouting out people and crews

that were around years before these kids even started.

so please... keep the shouts to a minimum.

You do NOT need to shout out some guy you met once who probably doesnt remember you.

that is all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmmm................. vanity i'm so stealin that

i saw this cool disco dan wall in maryland with at least 40 names on it

...insanery

i was confused cause it was cool disco dan and wasnt sure if i had the right to scoff at this shout out..

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

any more than 3 or 4 names and a punchline is unacceptable

yeah, thats so tots, there was a teach piece that had like 80 shout outs, it just ruins shit. I usually throw down 3 names, and my own sigNATURE, bt sometimes, nothing, depends on my mood.

Unless i was saze2, then i would throw down that girl that im tryin to convince to like me by tellin her i dont write

I know what youre talking about with the never ending list of roll call.

Its amazing when there are literally 50 names next to one simple.

Takes more time to do that shit than the actual piece.

At the most I hook up 4 people.

And usually on metal I put down probably one/two people.

And I rarely put people up lately (the last 2 -3 years).

I just tend to forget.

I think it's funny when people hit off people who are painting on the same production or who were with you when you painted the shit. Why? I mean if Jack and Jill go bombing why would Jack give Jill a shout out when she's standing right next to him? Wouldn't Jack want to give a shout out to his homey PeterPiper who couldn't be there cause he was off picking pickled peppers?

I always thought shout outs were to say "Wish you could've been here" to your homey that wasn't there painting or a simple way to say "You crossed my mind when I painted this"

I agree with whoever said unless it's a crew roll call it seems kinda silly to hit off every person you know. I think it comes across as "name dropping-ish"..."look at all the cool people I know"...

Originally posted by ElleGenie@Oct 14 2004, 12:07 AM

I mean if Jack and Jill go bombing why would Jack give Jill a shout out when she's standing right next to him? Wouldn't Jack want to give a shout out to his homey PeterPiper who couldn't be there cause he was off picking pickled peppers?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Archived