1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

george tenet resigns

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jun 3, 2004.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

george tenet resigns

Discussion started by seeking - Jun 3, 2004

ok, i won't front, i dont know much about tenet or what this might mean, what might be behind it, etc. but im sure someone does. so please, discuss.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. BUCK FUSH

BUCK FUSH 12oz Member

BUCK FUSH - Replied Jun 3, 2004

As far as i know Tenet's been on the hotseat for quite some time for allowing the cia-produced report about iraq buying uranium, which turned out to be completely false and fabircated, fall into W's hands. Seems to me that he's just a scapegoat, regaurdless of whether or not he knew of the report's nature, W wanted to use it to justify the complete fuck up in iraq.

BUCK FUSH - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. BUCK FUSH

BUCK FUSH 12oz Member

BUCK FUSH - Replied Jun 3, 2004

Next batter up= Rumsfeld (hopefully)

BUCK FUSH - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Jun 3, 2004

yeah...I got the cnn breaking news bit on this. I'm not really sure what to make of it either.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. heavyLox

heavyLox 12oz Veteran Member

heavyLox - Replied Jun 3, 2004

fall guy number one.

i think the administration has taken its time to try and figure out how they could do something public, with the most gain with the least pain.

heavyLox - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable 12oz Senior Member

TheoHuxtable - Replied Jun 3, 2004

I don't know but I assume it's related to the false, outdated, and even fabricated intelligence regarding Iraq. And the 9/11 intelligence debacle probably relates to that too.

Either way, looking at the big picture I think incidents like these shed a negative light on the Bush Administration as a whole, dropping the public approval rating even more -- which hopefully will help prevent Bush from getting re-elected.

TheoHuxtable - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Jun 3, 2004

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jun 3, 2004

yeah, i know about the false information/9.11 connection and all that, what i meant more specifically is what exactly the bush administration would be getting out of him leaving. tenet never spoke out against bush and even when he was individually blamed for mistakes, he still just kind of took it. everyone apparently knew that bush wanted him out, i'm just not sure what gain there is in it. like theo said, any cuts from the team now make the team look weak all along. it's admitting there were mistakes. was it perhaps to put someone in his place that would act as even more of a puppet?

sorry, im dumb today and cant think straight. where is villian and browner? i need the rest of my cabinet. haha.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

well i didn't know bush wanted him out.
    i'm sure they'll be some keen political insight
    to this event in the next few days, but right now
    the only thing weird was teh announcement itself.
    tenet is probably fed up.

10. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Jun 3, 2004

Chalabi wasn't a fall guy, he was an iranian agent.

I see cracks in the armor.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. heavyLox

12. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

oh yes he is a fall guy. whether it works is yet to be seen*although it's
    looking increasingly lame..*
    the allegations that he passed sensitive info is apart of that,
    not an exclusionary thing.

13. heavyLox

well ive suspected that iran didnt get info from him, or at least the info that the US is saying. I dont see the end game in blaming him for passing secrets. Chalabi wasnt widly liked in iraq; he was seen as a puppet to washington. The us might have tried to use him to get backend intel from iran, if they knew he was close to iran. Which they did cause the admin encouraged him to set up an office in terhan.

I can only assume chalabi was bugged and followed in an attempt to find out terhans true feelings and intentions in regaurd to various regional shituations.

but by fall guy i meant more of a figure head for the world. I think the US blaming an forgiener is some what pointless due to the wide distrust od america and its motivations.

14. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

yea, i think it's probably bullshit that the US broke
    iranian code. i think their response made perfect
    sense considering the climate.
    chalabi is a classic example of a guy that
    washington knew was a slimeball, but used him for
    as long as he was useful and not a problem. now
    he is a problem, so initially the end game would be
    to blame a large part of the faulty intel on the INC
    while letting the OSP off the hook and it's proponents.
    maybe that's a simple analysis.
    i agree this isn't a 'proper' fall guy scenario, but it's
    just a classic move to shift blame somewhere other
    than US officials. unfortunately for the bush cartel
    chalabi is throwing some good jabs.

15. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Jun 3, 2004

on the Tennant thing ... he was appointed to that position by Clinton back in 97. I'm sure he is aware of some of the high level conspiracy shit, and with all the 9/11 investigations & pre-Iraq inteligence investigation wraping up he just wants to be as far removed from this as possible by the time the shit hits the fan.

word is these reports are highly critical of many people across the board, from CIA, FBI, NSA to the Whitehouse.

my guess is he was privy to some info he didnt want to know about and is trying to avoid being caught up in it. but thats just a guess !!

its a good & a bad thing ... its good to see the delicate house of cards(decit) starting to lose some of its strength at the base, too bad its not all comming down yet.

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: