digital cameras....what are you using, what would you recomend

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

http://shopping.yahoo.com/catz/images/d3/63/catz.y.1990484102.jpg'>

Installed Memory 4 MB

Recording Method Memory Stick

LCD Screen Size 1.5 in

Included Components Lens cup, hand strap

Included Software MGI PhotoSuite SE 1.1, MGI PhotoSuite 8.1

Self Timer Yes

Operating System Apple MacOS, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

Flash Features

Red-Eye Reduction Yes

Connectors

Other Connectors Total (Free) / Type 1 x DC power input, 1 x composite video output

Lens and Image Quality

Megapixels 1.23 Megapixels

Digital Zoom 6 X

Optical Zoom 3 X

Horizontal Image Resolution 1280 Pixels

Vertical Image Resolution 960 Pixels

CCD Size 0.37 in

Number Of CCD Pixels 1.3 Million

Max Focal Length 19.2 mm

Min Focal Length 6.4 mm

Image Format JPEG, TIFF, GIF

Focus Modes Automatic, Manual

White Balance Outdoor, Indoor, Hold, Automatic

Exposure Settings Program

Filter Diameter 37 mm

ISO Equivalencies 100, 400, 200

Metering Characteristics Evaluative, Center-weighted, Spot

Image Sensor CCD

Shooting Modes Digital photo mode, Frame movie mode, Digital photo mode, Frame movie mode

Macro Focusing Range 2-80 cm

Minimum Focusing Range 50 cm

yo check out the hp's.. i got a hp photosmart 315 digi. for 3oo and something.. [well it was really racked but thats another story :D ] its got

2.1 megapixels

2.5x digi. zoom

1.8in. lcd

auto everything

usb interface

doesnt have the 15sec. video thing, but owell it was free.. i cant complan... and it works reallyreally good..

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

Originally posted by boogie hands

http://shopping.yahoo.com/catz/images/d3/63/catz.y.1990484102.jpg'>

Installed Memory 4 MB

Recording Method Memory Stick

Horizontal Image Resolution 1280 Pixels

Vertical Image Resolution 960 Pixels

Boogie, i dont really know shit on digital cameras, but i am also interested in buying one.

Like you i dont want to pay a shitload of money, but i want to be able to have some quality images that i could also print in a decent size on photo paper.

So i made a blank (white) 1280x960 image on photoshop. If you convert the image resolution from 72 to 300 you got a 4,268x3,201 inch image to print. Not even close to the 'classic' 5,903x3,931 photo print format (15x10cm).

Then i saved it as a TIFF it came to 1,17 MB (notice that it was blank) so with that 4MB of memory this camera has you can store only 3 high quality TIFFs.

I dont know, i maybe full of shit cause i really dont know how these machines work, but if i'm right this camera is good only for a polaroid-style use.

Guest imported_Tesseract

C-3040

C-4040

I checked them, they look very good. Nice design to, i remember raven posted a flick taken with that camera a while ago, it looked good also.

They're preety expensive though:(

Originally posted by dirtysicks

Digital cameras are cool......I was thinking about getting one, to get the quality of old skool film you will need to spend more than 300.00....I think I will stick with "film".

yeah the only thing is you can take a billion pictures with a digital camera and it wont cost you nearly as much as taking the same amount of pictures with a regular camera. there are pros and cons both ways and they just about even each other out now with the quality of digital cameras.

Re: Re: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

Originally posted by Tesseract

Boogie, i dont really know shit on digital cameras, but i am also interested in buying one..... but if i'm right this camera is good only for a polaroid-style use.

damn tess....doing some homework huh??? i actually may look into those olympus cameras....i dont know what the markup on these things is but i should get them at cost + 5% so that should help a little...

Guest fr8lover

all the flix i have on here and my website are from a base level olympus d-360L...i dont know if they have newer models out, but i got this about a year ago.

Archived