Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

chuck palahniuk...he is the man

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by LaCosaNostra, May 4, 2004.

1. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

this guy writes really good books....needless to say you should read them

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net//choma7.jpg'>

from his site: [url=http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/]http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/[/url]

edit: typos

2. LaCosaNostra

"The books are never about what you think they are about. Survivor is really about our education system because I feel, more often than not, kids are sort of taught or trained to be the best possible cogs in some big corporate machine. They're not really taught in an empowered way that they can start their own company so that they can create and run their own lives. They are sort of taught to be just good employees, to just fit in."

- Chuck Palahniuk

3. LaCosaNostra

4. LaCosaNostra

Fight Club sets a mega- high standard.

[​IMG]

5. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

yeah, i've only read one of his books, Choke, but next time i'm out at the library i'll probably check out some more. He gets the thumbs up from me.

6. im not witty

im not witty Guest

i enjoyed survivor and fight club and choke very much. invisible monsters was pretty good. but i didnt like lullaby at all. so much so that i havent looked at his new one. meh.

7. LaCosaNostra

i read choke first, also. my brother had it laying around... good shit, Survivor is much better

8. im not witty

im not witty Guest

supposed to be a survivor movie but it got pushed back after 9-11. plane hijacking and all that. maybe soon.

9. 8onus

8onus Banned

LALABY IS THE SHIT.
    YOU NEED TO READ IT.
    anyone read diary? is it good, its been sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read.
    and survivor....words caan't describe how genious that novel.

i was wondering what other people think about the ending to fight club...its set up so that it can be interpreted that he is eiter dead or in an institution...what yall think.

10. LaCosaNostra

yea, that's bullshit....Survivor would make suuuch a great film.

11. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

no, it would make a great show, but wouldnt follow the book, and there would be multiple seasons with people stranded on islands and in africa..

12. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

same situation. it's sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. it's so fucking depressing. i start it, and never finish it. it's depressing the way a sunny, but too hot to do anything Sunday is.

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Diary is a good, quick read. It's actually really depressing past the first few chapters, too.

14. PalestineOne

PalestineOne Senior Member

did I post in this thread already?

15. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

i need to get back into the habit of buying books again. i used to do it, but now i'm just dorking out on tools.