Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Chain Smoking Chimp Quits Smoking

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GamblersGrin, Oct 4, 2005.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...28338285855B255

Chain-smoking chimp kicks the habit...

Beijing - A chimpanzee in a Chinese zoo has successfully kicked a 16-year smoking habit after becoming hooked when two spouses died and her daughter left, state press said on Monday.

Ai Ai, a 27-year-old chimp at the Qinling Safari Park in northern China's Shaanxi province, ended her tobacco dependency when zoo keepers put her on a strict regime that included walking, music therapy and exercise sessions, Xinhua news agency said.

"In the first few days, she squealed for cigarettes every now and then, but as her life became more colourful, she gradually forgot about them altogether," one zookeeper was quoted as saying.

"She's served fried dishes and dumplings at every meal, alongside her usual diet of milk, banana and rice," he said, "I also put earphones on her so that she could enjoy some pop music from my Walkman."

According to the report, Ai Ai became a smoker in 1989, shortly after her first spouse died.

She started demanding more and more cigarettes after her second spouse died in 1997 and her daughter departed to another zoo, it said.

The report did not say why zookeepers started giving the animal cigarettes, or whether they faced punishment.

China is the world's largest cigarette consumer, with education about the dangers of tobacco not widely known. China has lax laws protecting the rights of animals.

2. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

3. El Mikinbin De Miami

El Mikinbin De Miami Member

Hey, she did it....maybe I can do it too!

4. master bait

master bait Member

no way... I'll start smoking right away to prove that chimp fuck wrong

5. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

Finally i can sleep at night.

6. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

i seen that monkey on the news a while ago. it was top news for a couple days.

good for her.

7. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

I stopped last week.

WORST.IDEA.EVER.

8. dosoner

dosoner Elite Member

i will never have enough self control to quit, its just too hard to not smoke when im drunk, and that is like, all the time.

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Why? Did you end up getting pissed at someone?

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

wow, congrats! you quit smoking ai ai.

its not like the monkey had any choice in quitting, its not like it can go to the store and buy a pack. if noone gives it any, it quits.

does anyone not smoke in china?

[​IMG]

11. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Good for her. I bet when she gets drunk she still has a drag or two.

Evoker told me about that chimp years ago, and how she would bum cigarettes off of zoo visitors or smoke the ends of butts that people dropped near her cage. If someone wouldn't give one to her, she would flip out. He thought that shit was so cool, he was actually trying to convince me to go to China to see it once. Then he did a painitng of her and sold it for a bunch of money.

12. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

yeah me, I dont smoke in China

13. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

[​IMG]

"Hey. I'm fucking bored. Lets go give the monkey cigarettes."

"CHEA, DUDE!"

14. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

It's ok, I've already mailed some promotional incentives and a free carton to the chimp....

15. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

woah that must be hard, the goddamn monkey is in a cage. Just stop giving it smokes. Fuck..whats it gunna do? flip out and hit the cage? Gimme a break