audio system

GucciCondom

So I was thinking about getting some stuff for my car for christmas because I am getting one within the next 6 months but I'm not sure what kind I'm going to get so I don't know what I can get for my car. I want to use christmas as an oppurtinity to get some shit that I won't be able to afford later. But what do u think is cool for me to get now and what are some good recommendations on shit to get? Its going to be for a car I'm gonna either end up with a civic..a supra or a 3000gt.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GucciCondom

I'm gonna either end up with a civic..a supra or a 3000gt.

Hahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha.

No seriously.

Hahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahaha.

PS- This means he's ending up with a Civic but didn't wanna get laughed at.

Originally posted by toaztlove

I think the loudest subs you can get are Kicker Comps, they're square instead of round, slam like a mowefuckuh

kicker comps and solo's are over priced pieces of crap, ive had to replace more of those than i can count. there loud but the sound quality and speaker life are very low. i could go into great detail on how there design, square not round, makes them smoke but none here cares.

ive got 2 alpine type R 12's in a vented box on a 2000 watt orion mono amp. type R's sound good, will fucking pound, my jeep will hit in the 150db range, and dont cost alot, i think there around $200 each, where the kickers are about $300 or so if i remember corectly. for other speakers ive got all alpine, 2 sets of 6 1/2 type R components in the front and back doors ran off a xtant 604 amp

and a set of bostons i think as space fillers in the back deck ran off my head unit. head units a pioneer dehp940mp, and theres somewhere around 200 sqft of dynomat

i installed stereo's for a living for like almost 3 years so i had hella discounts on all this stuff, other wise id have the walmart special cd player.

^^^^ At least somebody saved me the trouble. Kicker comps are competition speakers not speakers for cruising for bitches with.

If you have an older model car and you want to sound nice and not hear every part of the car shake when the bass hits, spend the extra money to get it dynomatted in the trunk.

A vented or bandpass box or even a vented bandpass box (which is a personal favorite of mine) with either 12's or 10's will fit in all three of those cars, it just depends on how much space you are willing to get. You don't need a 2 thousand watt amp, it will make them hit, but lets be real, if you're not getting it at a discount you probably can't afford it. I used to have 2 15's on a 1500 watt amp and 2 12's on a 600 watt, that shit was loud, but I had to take it out because it completely filled my trunk and kept my neighbors and the apartment board writing me up. now I'm rockin 2 10's and a 300 watt amp, but you probably want somewhere in the range of 600 watts. The best thing to do is to talk to somebody at a store and figure out exactly what you're looking for.

Holler

i wouldnt go with a bandpass box, esp if there going into a trunk. the reason being you cant herar what the subs are doing, so they can be distorting and killing themselfes and you will never know it untill they smoke.

id go with either alpine type R's or fosgate HX2's in a sealed box. you can go vented but you run the risk of smoking them in a trunk due to the fact that you cannot hear when they distort. so if you go vented have the box vented at a low frequency, like 20-25hz, b/c if the subs play a note below the vent frequency they lose control, distort and eventually smoke.

Originally posted by GucciCondom

lol fuck it. i'm just gonna get money. and the car choices yeah I been looking at used ones and theres a couple people around my way selling civics, supras, 3000gts, celicas and eclipses all in my price range and I didn't decide what to get yet.

You are strange. Why would you get anything besides a Supra if you have the option. I digress. A turbo Supra. I was looking at those, but being as they're about $35,000+, it put them a bit out of my price range. Unless you're not talking about the most recent model, in which case they are crap. New Eclipses are crap. Get an older GS-T or GSX if you get one. Civics are for bitches. Celicas are too. Subs are shit. I have 2 JL Audio 12W3's in a JL audio box with a JL 500a1 amp. Don't spend the money on subs. I'm trying to get rid of mine as it is.

Archived