1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

audio system

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GucciCondom, Nov 30, 2003.

1. GucciCondom

GucciCondom 12oz Veteran Member

audio system

Discussion started by GucciCondom - Nov 30, 2003

So I was thinking about getting some stuff for my car for christmas because I am getting one within the next 6 months but I'm not sure what kind I'm going to get so I don't know what I can get for my car. I want to use christmas as an oppurtinity to get some shit that I won't be able to afford later. But what do u think is cool for me to get now and what are some good recommendations on shit to get? Its going to be for a car I'm gonna either end up with a civic..a supra or a 3000gt.

GucciCondom - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. destroya

destroya 12oz Senior Member

destroya - Replied Nov 30, 2003

get a broad for the passenger seat. preferably latina.

destroya - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

S@T@N - Replied Nov 30, 2003

Hahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha.

No seriously.

Hahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahaha.

PS- This means he's ending up with a Civic but didn't wanna get laughed at.

S@T@N - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Nov 30, 2003

land yourself a dumped truck, or a bike :D

stereo"s suck in car, who really cares?

5. toaztlove

toaztlove New Jack

toaztlove - Replied Nov 30, 2003

I think the loudest subs you can get are Kicker Comps, they're square instead of round, slam like a mowefuckuh

toaztlove - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Nov 30, 2003

bang a gong

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Nov 30, 2003

Buy a tape player.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Nov 30, 2003

Get a bus pass. Or lepoard seat covers.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. ClueTwo

ClueTwo 12oz Veteran Member

ClueTwo - Replied Nov 30, 2003

There's a big difference there buddy...

Civic = Cheap crap/Good first car

Supra/3000GT = Still foreign crap/Not cheap though and extremely expensive to repair.

ClueTwo - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. keep

keep Guest

keep - Replied Nov 30, 2003

kicker comps and solo's are over priced pieces of crap, ive had to replace more of those than i can count. there loud but the sound quality and speaker life are very low. i could go into great detail on how there design, square not round, makes them smoke but none here cares.

ive got 2 alpine type R 12's in a vented box on a 2000 watt orion mono amp. type R's sound good, will fucking pound, my jeep will hit in the 150db range, and dont cost alot, i think there around $200 each, where the kickers are about $300 or so if i remember corectly. for other speakers ive got all alpine, 2 sets of 6 1/2 type R components in the front and back doors ran off a xtant 604 amp
    and a set of bostons i think as space fillers in the back deck ran off my head unit. head units a pioneer dehp940mp, and theres somewhere around 200 sqft of dynomat

i installed stereo's for a living for like almost 3 years so i had hella discounts on all this stuff, other wise id have the walmart special cd player.

11. Milton

Milton 12oz Senior Member

Milton - Replied Nov 30, 2003

^^^^ At least somebody saved me the trouble. Kicker comps are competition speakers not speakers for cruising for bitches with.

If you have an older model car and you want to sound nice and not hear every part of the car shake when the bass hits, spend the extra money to get it dynomatted in the trunk.

A vented or bandpass box or even a vented bandpass box (which is a personal favorite of mine) with either 12's or 10's will fit in all three of those cars, it just depends on how much space you are willing to get. You don't need a 2 thousand watt amp, it will make them hit, but lets be real, if you're not getting it at a discount you probably can't afford it. I used to have 2 15's on a 1500 watt amp and 2 12's on a 600 watt, that shit was loud, but I had to take it out because it completely filled my trunk and kept my neighbors and the apartment board writing me up. now I'm rockin 2 10's and a 300 watt amp, but you probably want somewhere in the range of 600 watts. The best thing to do is to talk to somebody at a store and figure out exactly what you're looking for.

Holler

Milton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. GucciCondom

GucciCondom - Replied Nov 30, 2003

lol fuck it. i'm just gonna get money. and the car choices yeah I been looking at used ones and theres a couple people around my way selling civics, supras, 3000gts, celicas and eclipses all in my price range and I didn't decide what to get yet.

13. GucciCondom

GucciCondom - Replied Nov 30, 2003

and good lookin out keep and milton for actually contributing to the thread.

14. keep

keep Guest

keep - Replied Dec 1, 2003

i wouldnt go with a bandpass box, esp if there going into a trunk. the reason being you cant herar what the subs are doing, so they can be distorting and killing themselfes and you will never know it untill they smoke.
    id go with either alpine type R's or fosgate HX2's in a sealed box. you can go vented but you run the risk of smoking them in a trunk due to the fact that you cannot hear when they distort. so if you go vented have the box vented at a low frequency, like 20-25hz, b/c if the subs play a note below the vent frequency they lose control, distort and eventually smoke.

15. Fugazi

Fugazi 12oz Senior Member

Fugazi - Replied Dec 1, 2003

You are strange. Why would you get anything besides a Supra if you have the option. I digress. A turbo Supra. I was looking at those, but being as they're about $35,000+, it put them a bit out of my price range. Unless you're not talking about the most recent model, in which case they are crap. New Eclipses are crap. Get an older GS-T or GSX if you get one. Civics are for bitches. Celicas are too. Subs are shit. I have 2 JL Audio 12W3's in a JL audio box with a JL 500a1 amp. Don't spend the money on subs. I'm trying to get rid of mine as it is.

Fugazi - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: