ATTN: BIke messengers......bag inquiry.

Guest KING OF HELL

Guest KING OF HELL

So, I need a new bag. Badly. My current bag is 7 years old, and flimsy and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. It's making it difficult to take on more jobs and more jobs is more money.

I've looked into a few bags: Timbuk, Re-load, and Baileyworks...anything i should know about these or any other bags that anyone can tell me?...

I dont want to waste my time with bullshit if i can help it. i need deep, big, durable, and of course..i need to look good:D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

timbuk: stupid. they dont carry much.

re-load: these are good bags but i think there's better ones out there.

bailey bags: go with this one. they advertise their bag size with how many cans of beer you can fit in. less straps, really lightweight, can carry a shit load of shit (file box and a flat), quick release strap which make it easier to release, and bailey is good because he is a drunk. he's fucking crazy for an older guy....support the older man!

:king:

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by LastBoyScout

KofH

from boston and you don't know the deal

The best bags are Courier Ware bags Started in CMBRDGE MA.

http://www.courierwareusa.com/

i've had mine for about 5/6 years and it was used i found it on the tracks.

it fits like 30 cans. I LOVE IT

Rated Best Overall Messenger Bag by the Wall Street Journal

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS

hollar

no no.. YOU dont know. how many times have we hung out?.. did you not notice the courier ware bag that i have?.. its just too flimsy, it has no depth, its not cutting the mustard at all. i like the people, and all, but its not helping me at all right now.

im looking at reload and bailey works. if theres anything i haventy covered or if someone has a better suggestion, instead of being cocky, why dont you make it?

Originally posted by R. Heydrich

Good luck with that.

Hate to have to rely on the idiots on this message board for career advice.

this doesnt help at all, but uh..i just bought a reallll cute ecko purse for a mere 22$..good stuff;)

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

no no.. YOU dont know. how many times have we hung out?.. did you not notice the courier ware bag that i have?.. its just too flimsy, it has no depth, its not cutting the mustard at all. i like the people, and all, but its not helping me at all right now.

im looking at reload and bailey works. if theres anything i haventy covered or if someone has a better suggestion, instead of being cocky, why dont you make it?

dude didn't mean to come off cocky. . .

i didn't remeber your bag was a courier ware . . .but i don't remeber it being as large as mine. .

LARGE 13"deep X 22" long X 9" wide (2150 cu.in.)

but hey thats all i need.. mayne you need more

"Super Deluxe Courier Bag

This bag has everything - a pocket on every surface for those who are organized enough to remember where they put things. It features three inside front pockets (four in the Large), three outside front pockets (two in the Extra Small), an inside back divider/pocket with a Velcro closure for clothes or files, a reinforced Cordura base, and an additional outside back panel pocket with a Velcro closure. This bag also combines with the camera insert to convert into a camera bag. We’ve also had reports back that this bag works really well as a baby/diaper bag because it has so many waterproof pockets and dividers"

i'm just a bit loyal

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by LastBoyScout

dude didn't mean to come off cocky. . .

i didn't remeber your bag was a courier ware . . .but i don't remeber it being as large as mine. .

LARGE 13"deep X 22" long X 9" wide (2150 cu.in.)

but hey thats all i need.. mayne you need more

"Super Deluxe Courier Bag

This bag has everything - a pocket on every surface for those who are organized enough to remember where they put things. It features three inside front pockets (four in the Large), three outside front pockets (two in the Extra Small), an inside back divider/pocket with a Velcro closure for clothes or files, a reinforced Cordura base, and an additional outside back panel pocket with a Velcro closure. This bag also combines with the camera insert to convert into a camera bag. We’ve also had reports back that this bag works really well as a baby/diaper bag because it has so many waterproof pockets and dividers"

i'm just a bit loyal

oh no no no...i wasnt directing the cocky statement at you, i tried to seperate the paragraphs so that one was directed twards you and the other was directed twards the smartasses.

im going to keep my courierware bag for leisure but i need a better work bag... its not for paint or fun... deffinitely for work.

i wasnt being cocky....well i didnt think i was coming off as cocky.

but i would go with the bailey works bag. re-load is nice and all but i think bailey will get you more jobs. more jobs, more money.

Guest TEARZ

my ex has a reload, i have a chrome now, and i used to have a bailey. easily the best that i've used: chrome. it's true. i've beat that bitch badly for 2ish years, rode everyday with it, all conditions, and the only problem that i have is a very small tear on the inside lining on one corner. oh, and somehow it still looks new? wtf? it's also the most comfortable of the three. i've never really liked timbuk2's all that much, but i have friends that swear by them. also, if more jobs is good, check out the chrome kremlin if you haven't already. that thing is huge. that's just my 2 pieces o poop. good luck man.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Devilush

i wasnt being cocky....well i didnt think i was coming off as cocky.

but i would go with the bailey works bag. re-load is nice and all but i think bailey will get you more jobs. more jobs, more money.

no i wasnt directing that twards you or anyone giving me an honest answer. just all the smartasses that cant shut up if they have nothing good to add. !

thanks for the info D-lusherism. also thanks tp last boyscout and tearz.

also to anyone that made a decent comment.

Originally posted by test pattern

oh my god.

please don't make an ass of yourself and the rest of the 12oz crew

Good luck with that.

Hate to have to rely on the idiots on this message board for advice

thanks for caring, seems dicknecks words may apply to you...

oh no no no...i wasnt directing the cocky statement at you, i tried to seperate the paragraphs so that one was directed twards you and the other was directed twards the smartasses.

im going to keep my courierware bag for leisure but i need a better work bag... its not for paint or fun... deffinitely for work.

the internet is so confusing sometimes

He gets a bike, he gets a job and now he wants a new bag. Will you ever be satisfied?... jk.

I think Dlush covered it pretty well. I personally rock the big ass Re-Load bag with all the trimmings because one of the owners is dating a good friend of mine. So I'm supporting. On top of that, it's the best bag I've owned. And I've owned just about every kind minus the Bailys. Which sounds pretty good... especially the strap action. I've seen the Re-Load backpacks and they're bomb-proof. If you want to go with something a little more comfortable on the shoulders... I'd back that bag 100%. Even the Chrome backpack is boomin'. After two broken clavicles and a chipped shoulder blade... backpacks sound better to me everyday. So forgive me if I push 'em...

well, i'm not a messenger, but i know plenty of the dudes and this is one variety that hasn't been mentioned here that a few friends swear by...

http://www.pacdesigns.com/images/brown.jpg'>

www.pacdesigns.com

also, according to a veteran i know, Zo bags are probably the best, but he only makes them for people he knows so i can't help you get one

theres some nice info bout these here, I didnt know much bout them, im in the market for a bag, and the above mentioned ones seem like great bags, but I am neither bike, nor messenger nor a bikemessenger would I be breaking some unwritten ethical code by buying one? or do they make models not aimed directly at bike messengers? :cool:

The bag I have now was a Xmas gift and it is majorly weak sauce so I figured its high time for a new one.

I've got a Timbuk and a Chrome. Out of those two...I love that Chrome bag. Takes one hell of a beating and is sooooo incredibly water-proof. I got caught up in a flash flood storm the other week. I was riding home in water 2 feet deep, soaked to the gills and everything inside that bad was dry.

Originally posted by yoink

theres some nice info bout these here, I didnt know much bout them, im in the market for a bag, and the above mentioned ones seem like great bags, but I am neither bike, nor messenger nor a bikemessenger would I be breaking some unwritten ethical code by buying one? or do they make models not aimed directly at bike messengers? :cool:

The bag I have now was a Xmas gift and it is majorly weak sauce so I figured its high time for a new one.

yeah, i am also not a messenger but bought a timbuk2 bag last year...i believe it was the "large" size...i needed something big enough to carry around a good deal of photo/darkroom supplies and it is still the only bag that i've managed to get everything into. never had any problems with it. once it was broken in it was pretty comfortable also.

that is until someone broke into my car and jacked the bag while i was visiting my girlfriend at her job on my way to the studio. SUPER. lost all my photo work...negs...unprocessed film...prints...and design work. plus the bag. fucking kids.

i'll probably get another though unless anyone can provide me with a good reason why timbuk2 sucks?

Originally posted by yoink

but I am neither bike, nor messenger nor a bikemessenger would I be breaking some unwritten ethical code by buying one? or do they make models not aimed directly at bike messengers? :cool:

werd

i have a pet peeve about posing/fronting

so i did not want to have a mess bag ever.

but they're really nice and the way they fit is much nicer than a backpack, so i broke down and stole the fuck out of a timbuk2 .... its a really good bag.

it was the only bag i brought with me on the last 3 vacations, 2 overseas

its also been painting a whole bunch (it was free, so i don't care about leaving it)

i would not have paid for it though

better bags can be had for cheaper

i dunno about the unwritten rule, but i don't have a radio or cellphone so i'm not pretending at least...

i still stick with my original reccomendations as far as 'top of the line'

Archived