Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ATTN: BIke messengers......bag inquiry.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KING OF HELL, Jun 14, 2003.

1. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

So, I need a new bag. Badly. My current bag is 7 years old, and flimsy and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. It's making it difficult to take on more jobs and more jobs is more money.

I've looked into a few bags: Timbuk, Re-load, and Baileyworks...anything i should know about these or any other bags that anyone can tell me?...
    I dont want to waste my time with bullshit if i can help it. i need deep, big, durable, and of course..i need to look good:D

2. destroya

destroya Senior Member

don't get a messenger bag.

"nice purse, homo."

3. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

timbuk: stupid. they dont carry much.

re-load: these are good bags but i think there's better ones out there.

bailey bags: go with this one. they advertise their bag size with how many cans of beer you can fit in. less straps, really lightweight, can carry a shit load of shit (file box and a flat), quick release strap which make it easier to release, and bailey is good because he is a drunk. he's fucking crazy for an older guy....support the older man!

:king:

4. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout Dirty Dozen Crew

KofH
    from boston and you don't know the deal
    The best bags are Courier Ware bags Started in CMBRDGE MA.
    http://www.courierwareusa.com/
    i've had mine for about 5/6 years and it was used i found it on the tracks.
    it fits like 30 cans. I LOVE IT

Rated Best Overall Messenger Bag by the Wall Street Journal

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS
    hollar

5. LastBoyScout

plus the people are nice . . and have a life time warranty
    when i found mine th strap had been cut and was made short and you know i'm a lanky mothe fucker and they only charged me 3 bucks to put on a longer strap.

6. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

you're all so fucking oblivious

7. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

no no.. YOU dont know. how many times have we hung out?.. did you not notice the courier ware bag that i have?.. its just too flimsy, it has no depth, its not cutting the mustard at all. i like the people, and all, but its not helping me at all right now.

im looking at reload and bailey works. if theres anything i haventy covered or if someone has a better suggestion, instead of being cocky, why dont you make it?

8. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

reloads are pretty and all, but i hate the buckle on the strap... too hard to loosen or tighten quickly... same reason i stopped using my zo bag...

9. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

at first i thought the topic read :attention bike messengers: bag injury.

and i started laughing.

10. XxSugarxX

XxSugarxX Dirty Dozen Crew

this doesnt help at all, but uh..i just bought a reallll cute ecko purse for a mere 22$..good stuff;)

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

I got a nice little sick of it all messenger bag when they were back in NY last year, its not that big holds about 8 cans.

12. LastBoyScout

dude didn't mean to come off cocky. . .
    i didn't remeber your bag was a courier ware . . .but i don't remeber it being as large as mine. .
    LARGE 13"deep X 22" long X 9" wide (2150 cu.in.)
    but hey thats all i need.. mayne you need more
    "Super Deluxe Courier Bag
    This bag has everything - a pocket on every surface for those who are organized enough to remember where they put things. It features three inside front pockets (four in the Large), three outside front pockets (two in the Extra Small), an inside back divider/pocket with a Velcro closure for clothes or files, a reinforced Cordura base, and an additional outside back panel pocket with a Velcro closure. This bag also combines with the camera insert to convert into a camera bag. We’ve also had reports back that this bag works really well as a baby/diaper bag because it has so many waterproof pockets and dividers"

i'm just a bit loyal

13. rip

rip Elite Member

i have a giant ass bag that i got from south korea like 2 years ago. the straps have buckles on them so you can release one and the bag swings to the front. pretty dope.

14. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

aye, dickneck. slow your roll. that's a warning.

15. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

oh no no no...i wasnt directing the cocky statement at you, i tried to seperate the paragraphs so that one was directed twards you and the other was directed twards the smartasses.
    im going to keep my courierware bag for leisure but i need a better work bag... its not for paint or fun... deffinitely for work.