1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

3 DEAD IN SHOOTING @ LAX

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pistol, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

3 DEAD IN SHOOTING @ LAX

Discussion started by Pistol - Jul 4, 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020704/capt.1025820463.airport_shooting_cadd105.jpg'>
    An unidentified Los Angeles Police officer stands guard atop the parking structures facing the Los Angeles International Aiport, Thursday, July 4, 2002, after a gunman opened fire Thursday at Israel's El Al airlines ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport. Three people were killed, including the attacker, who was shot dead by an airline security guard, authorities said. Seven people were injured, including an El Al security guard, and thousands were evacuated from the international terminal, authorities said. One person was arrested, police said. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

Three Dead in L.A. Airport Shooting
    Thu Jul 4, 6:18 PM ET
    By RYAN PEARSON, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A gunman opened fire Thursday at Israel's El Al airlines ticket counter at Los Angeles International Airport. Three people were killed, including the attacker, who was shot dead by an airline security guard, authorities said.

Photos

AP Photo
    Slideshows

AP Photo
    L.A. Airport Shooting

Three other people were wounded, including an El Al security guard, authorities said. Thousands were evacuated from the international terminal, although the Federal Aviation Administration ( news - web sites) said all domestic arrivals and departures continued to operate normally. Byron Tucker, a spokesman for Gov. Gray Davis ( news - web sites), said one person was arrested, but FBI ( news - web sites) Agent Rich Garcia later refused to comment about that.

The shootout happened with security on high alert around the country for a possible terrorist attack on July Fourth. It sent passengers ducking behind counters and hiding in airport offices.

Mayor James Hahn said there was no immediate indication that shooting was connected to terrorism. "It appears this was an isolated incident," Hahn said. Israel's foreign ministry blamed terrorists, but didn't offer any evidence to support the claim.

The 52-year-old gunman had approached another person at the counter and opened fire shortly before noon, said Alex Baez, a police spokesman. There was no immediate indication of his identity, nationality or motive.

An El Al security guard fatally shot the gunman, police said.

Killed were a 46-year-old man and a woman in her 20s, authorities said. In addition, a 61-year-old woman was shot in the ankle, a 40-year-old man was knifed and a man in his 20s was treated for injuries from a pistol-whipping, authorities said. Details about the knifing were not immediately available. Two others underwent treatment for heart problems, fire officials said.

"Like all Californians, I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn of today's shooting at Los Angeles International Airport," Davis said in a statement. "That it happened on the day on which we honor what America stands for — liberty, security and diversity — makes this particularly more tragic."

"My heart, as well of those of all Californians, aches for the victims of this shooting and their families," he said.

A witness, Thad Weimlein, described an initial flurry of fire, followed by silence, then more gunfire.

In an interview with CNN, Weimlein said he saw plainclothes policemen pulling out their guns and badges at the same time.

At first, "a lot of people thought it was fireworks and a prank," Weimlein said. "It was probably eight to 10 shots. People were hitting the floor."

Vanessa Spinelli was dropping off her aunt for a flight when she heard the gunshots from nearby the El Al counter.

"At first I thought it was firecrackers, said Spinelli, 26, of Los Angeles. "Then everybody started screaming."

"My mom told me this morning to be careful and don't stay at the airport too long because there are warnings out. She was right," Spinelli said.

After the shooting, traffic was stopped on the roadway for departing passengers, but moving steadily along the road serving arrivals. Some 900,000 people had been expected to pass through the airport Thursday.

Fire officials deployed a team to check for hazardous materials.

Greg Warren, a spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation, said the agency will review security procedures to see if something more needs to be done.

El Al, based in Israel, is known as one of the most security-conscious airlines in the world.

"The terrorists deliberately chose the Fourth of July to carry out their crime on the soil of the United States," Israeli foreign ministry spokeswoman Yaffa Ben-Ari said in a statement.

Last year, an Algerian who trained in terrorist camps financed by Osama bin Laden ( news - web sites) was convicted of plotting to blow up the Los Angeles airport at the height of the millennium holiday travel period. Ahmed Ressam had been arrested in Washington state on Dec. 14, 1999, while entering the country from Canada in a car with a trunk full of explosives

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Jul 4, 2002

[​IMG]

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Jul 4, 2002

What a glorious time to be American......

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Jul 4, 2002

thats a weird staetment^

5. swif1

swif1 12oz Veteran Member

swif1 - Replied Jul 4, 2002

swif1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. •nakone•

•nakone• 12oz Member

•nakone• - Replied Jul 4, 2002

hmm

•nakone• - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

seven.13 - Replied Jul 4, 2002

r.i.p ...

Things just keep on going from bad to worse.....

seven.13 - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. Lina

Lina New Jack

Lina - Replied Jul 4, 2002

WARNING: mad rant!

Stuff like this really sucks.
    US forces drop a bomb on a wedding in Afghanistan, some madman starts shooting at LAX, organized terrorists fly huge airliners into two of the most well known landmarks in the world, someone I don't think they've identified yet sent letters filled with anthrax to people.
    And people who don't deserve to die gets killed.
    It's sickening.

Even more sickening is the fact that after 9/11 a lot of my friends, who know that I have quite anti-american views, asked if I thought it was a good thing.
    I actually punched one of my friends in the guts for asking that. And I'm not a violent person, quite the opposite, but it felt like he asked me if I liked to see innocent people die.

What I don't like, though, is the way the US government uses it's power and refuses to acknowledge (sp?) it's mistakes.
    Listen here: the US government froze the assets of a couple of Swedish citizens who were affiliated with a banking network that was said to fund terrorists.
    And the US government told the Swedish government that they were sure that the swedes were guilty of all the charges and blah blah blah.
    But they never produced any actual evidence!
    And it gets better. Because the US government basically told these people that they were guilty until proved innocent. Which is a real bitch when you don't even know what you're accused for.
    And right now it's still illegal to even give these guys money! They have families, they have little children!
    It's just so sick.

Okay, this became a mad political rant, but the point I wanted to make is that innocent people gets killed and that they shouldn't. Terrorism is shit, whatever form it takes.
    And just to clarify my views: I don't have any particular thoughts about US citizens, but I dislike the way the US government runs it's international affairs. They have a massive (monetary) debt to the UN, even! And the government refuses to send soldiers on UN missions unless the soldiers won't be trialed for war crimes in an international court.
    That basically means that if the UN wants american soldiers, they have to let the soldiers shoot and rape as many women and children as they want, kill prisoners, and shit like that.
    That's sick too.

This world is sick. I think I'm going to take som drugs and stare at the wall for a couple of hours now.
    See y'all tomorrow.
    Or something.

Lina - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber 12oz Veteran Member

d-town_bomber - Replied Jul 4, 2002

i dont think this is terrorist related tho......

d-town_bomber - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Jul 4, 2002

i like how i get all my news on 12oz. i get news some people havent even heard. its nice.

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  11. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

DEE38 - Replied Jul 4, 2002

Pistol :(

I heard about this earlier on the news at like.... noon or sometime later, it was fucking weird. Sad fucking shit

DEE38 - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. blame

blame 12oz Junior Member

blame - Replied Jul 4, 2002

i do

blame - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Jul 5, 2002

if it is terrorist related I don't feel it was connected with the al quieda group just due to the fact there were not the proper measures taken to increase the amounts of casualties.

I have a couple theorie circling in my head as to why this man did it and terrorism is not ruled out in my head...but I am not going to go in depth on them because my brain is only working at half speed thanks to mr heineken last night.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. test pattern

test pattern 12oz Elite Member

test pattern - Replied Jul 5, 2002

Shootings are gangsta'..

test pattern - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

SPLINTER - Replied Jul 5, 2002

we have all sorts of crazy people here. there is a great possibility that it had nothing to do with terrorism. it could have been some fuck face making sure that the predictions were true. its fuckin LA its a miracle the city hasnt blown its self to bits. just like any other major city we have all sorts of crazy fucks.

but then again there is an equaly great posibbility that it was terrorism but if it was his boss aint too happy with the results.

but there is an even greater possibility that i dont know shit. :D