The SUPER SAMMICH competition thread.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:09 AM, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

It's called a hoagie. WTF is a grinder? Aint that like a homo Tinder or some shit? 😆

Every weirdo town or region has their thing. Your weirdo fish town calls them hoagies. Most of New England goes by grinders. No affiliation with your site that you know about for whatever reason 🤣

• LOL! 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Every weirdo town or region has their thing. Your weirdo fish town calls them hoagies. Most of New England goes by grinders. No affiliation with your site that you know about for whatever reason 🤣

Fishtown is one tiny  gentrified section of Philly. That entire region of the US calls them hoagies, because that's what they are. Why yall call them grinders, you like shoving them up eachother's asses or what? 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

11 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

Fishtown is one tiny  gentrified section of Philly. That entire region of the US calls them hoagies, because that's what they are. Why yall call them grinders, you like shoving them up eachother's asses or what? 😆

0E97D6A3-F706-4EB8-AD0C-EB7B469E20EF.gif

• LOL! 1

Regarding the GF bread - my chick has rheumatoid arthritis and some dietary restrictions really help her.

She cops gluten free bread from special bakeries, so they are usually pretty good. Im used to it now and it doesnt bother me - that said I eat regular bread too. 

On 5/27/2024 at 10:06 PM, fat ralphy said:

Regarding the GF bread - my chick has rheumatoid arthritis and some dietary restrictions really help her.

She cops gluten free bread from special bakeries, so they are usually pretty good. Im used to it now and it doesnt bother me - that said I eat regular bread too. 

Bingo bango it’s that bakery fresh shit I knew it. Shit looks legit mang. 

• 2 weeks later...

Woulda definitely leveled right on up with a slight melt on the havarti, griddle on the bun or some shit, not much you can sauce add with bbq chicken so maybe even some kind of cream vinegar slaw situation as opposed to the lt and tmt but I see you with the salad dressing s&p on the tomato son. 

Finally got around to making a sammich today since it's my first day off I can actually have to myself with nothing to do.. not only that it's basically the first real thing I've ate all day as well as the first thing I technically made in the new spot.. pizza rolls don't count...

Ingredients are as follows.. uncured ham, honey smoked turkey breast, pepper jack cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, tomato, avocado, Boston lettuce, bread and butter pickles, kewpie mayo and some artisanal bread since i couldnt find my normal brioche...

20240614_162248.thumb.jpg.60a9a404b4233b3295220199bcbaa276.jpg

So I ended up toasting the bread but I used the mayo instead of butter.. kewpie mayo is the goat idc what anyone says.. so I toasted both sides of the bread, made a couple strips of bacon I had to cut in half to fit in the pan and as that was going I thought about how to layer this bad boy.. so I threw down 3 slices of ham first, cheese followed, turkey on top of the cheese.. then I put down the tomato and since these pickles were kinda tiny I just layered them on top of the tomatoes.. followed by the lettuce, bacon strips and avocado on the top layer..

20240614_163458.thumb.jpg.363fdf96fec922e231985ac1bf519bce.jpg

20240614_165611.thumb.jpg.96412a17ead70c6001a5349cbf0b5ee4.jpg

Little cross section action.. got fancy and even wiped the plate too..

20240614_165842.thumb.jpg.60dd90c46bc502b7707d012409b227b8.jpg

20240614_170213.thumb.jpg.a0f7fe72bcd5511421e699cd1c39c02e.jpg

I have like a little less than half a bag of those turbos flamas chips so threw a lil on the side for a crunch but also for a little kick of heat.. plus these have a very slight hint of lime on them which was nice.. the pickles and avocado made this alot better than I expected and the pickles weren't too sweet neither.. the little kick from the chips were basically the sprinkles on the sundae if you will and were the perfect side for this.. also the store didn't have any cold topo Chico so mineragua will do..

Cheers gentlemen 🍻

• Like 3
  • Props 5

On 6/11/2024 at 10:30 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I forgot all about blue cheese. Quit bein a hoe and join the contestant ranks since you know so much about salads and rabbit food I’m sure you could bust a solid veggie setup dog. 

I made a sandwich the other day when I went offshore. It was ham and Swiss, pretty good but definitely not show worthy. Didn’t have red onions so taste was lacking a bit. I will hopefully be making a bunch this summer, so will definitely show you how I do it eventually.

F72DEF1D-6C77-49C2-A84F-9E7AF9D220DA.gif.bcebafca9c67e2434ba0259eaa9e1af1.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2024 at 10:30 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I forgot all about blue cheese. Quit bein a hoe and join the contestant ranks since you know so much about salads and rabbit food I’m sure you could bust a solid veggie setup dog. 

k breh, I am not claiming sammich gawd status or anything with these. These are made the night before to be eaten on the boat the next day, so can’t get too crazy. Just good solid sandwich when you get super hungry on the water.

toasted bread

1 slice provolone 

1 slice Swiss

1 slice ham

1 slice turkey

Mount Olive Bread & Butter stacker pickles

1 slice of tomato

sliced red onion

fresh black pepper

dijon mustard

garlic aioli (ran out of Mayo)

*usually don’t use tomatoes bc of chance of making bread soggy, will see how it goes tomorrow.

0B3AAC51-7C36-44B0-9AC4-E93B3717B770.jpeg

AF7FAAE8-02BF-4190-80B6-247A9DB9E2DC.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...