Dynamic pricing the future is fuck

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I never noticed dynamic pricing at the pump.   It's an interesting practice to say the least.  I would think Starbucks is next to follow if not already practicing it.  Idk, I don't Starbucks. 

Back to gas prices though,  I firmly believe there should be a national set prices on gas.

3 hours ago, ndv said:

I never noticed dynamic pricing at the pump.   It's an interesting practice to say the least.  I would think Starbucks is next to follow if not already practicing it.  Idk, I don't Starbucks. 

Back to gas prices though,  I firmly believe there should be a national set prices on gas.

If they’re was a “National Average” price, you would probably end up paying a lot more at the pump than you do now.

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

If they’re was a “National Average” price, you would probably end up paying a lot more at the pump than you do now.

I hear you on that, but if we come up with a medium norm, that lowers California a buck or 2 but raises ming a few .10cents to a dollar I would be all for it. 

3 hours ago, ndv said:

I hear you on that, but if we come up with a medium norm, that lowers California a buck or 2 but raises ming a few .10cents to a dollar I would be all for it. 

Is that your solution to stop the mass migration of Californians to Texas?

🫣

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Is that your solution to stop the mass migration of Californians to Texas?

🫣

I don't mind the migrations.  I mean middle class America has taught the "you don't wanna flip burgers your whole life"  so some body has to do it as well as blue collar work is looked down on specially one being who is gonna build our roads.

Although, I believe most of the Californians leaving Cali are heading to Colorado and some of them are going as far as Austin.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

I don't mind the migrations.  I mean middle class America has taught the "you don't wanna flip burgers your whole life"  so some body has to do it as well as blue collar work is looked down on specially one being who is gonna build our roads.

Although, I believe most of the Californians leaving Cali are heading to Colorado and some of them are going as far as Austin.  

Texas seems hot as fuck….probably like Bakersfield or some shit.

Colorado seems sweet, but no coast, so probably wack…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Texas seems hot as fuck….probably like Bakersfield or some shit.

Colorado seems sweet, but no coast, so probably wack…

Yeah, Texas is about to get there in heat in the next couple months.

Colorado is sweet,  I enjoy it.  The last time I was there it was 89° at base, but 12,000 feet later the snow flurries were blowing around. 

Be pretty cool if Colorado had a coast. 

Wendy's should have kept their mouths shut about this. I'm all about the hustle and trying to make every dime you can but this is dumb. We all know places change prices pretty frequently these days, but most of us ignore it. By doing this they've just pissed off a significant percentage of customers.

• Truth 3

On 2/27/2024 at 10:49 AM, ndv said:

Yeah, Texas is about to get there in heat in the next couple months.

Colorado is sweet,  I enjoy it.  The last time I was there it was 89° at base, but 12,000 feet later the snow flurries were blowing around. 

Be pretty cool if Colorado had a coast. 

Maybe someday it will again.

Haha. The outrage was so severe of people being like "Fuck Wendy's and I won't eat their shit anymore more now either," Wendy's was like "oh shit y'all jk jk lolz."

Speaking of these assholes that just can't keep their mouth shut, the CEO of Kellogg telling people that if chicken costs to much just feed your family their cereal for dinner. This asshole really just had a modern day 'let them eat cake' moment.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, ndv said:

True about KLogs CEO - it's hilarious it has backfired on Wendy's.  I was anticipating Wendy's to start crawfishing.  

What is this “crawfishing” term you are using?

Like backtracking?

• Truth 1

10 minutes ago, LUGR said:

What is this “crawfishing” term you are using?

Like backtracking?

Yeah, exactly, back tracking is one term.  Another is when someone has a mouth on them but when you confront them amd they don't want any trouble they start backing up like a crawfish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Yeah, exactly, back tracking is one term.  Another is when someone has a mouth on them but when you confront them amd they don't want any trouble they start backing up like a crawfish.

Got it. Never heard of that before.

• 1 month later...

Late on this but I am gonna start the year off right and give dynamic pricing structure a try.  

Increasing my prices a few hundred bucks then gonna put up a 60% off sign in the window. 

Edited by ndv
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Late on this but I am gonna start the year off right and gives dynamic pricing structure a try.  

Increasing my prices a few hundred bucks then gonna put up a 60% off sign in the window. 

you scoundrel!

• LOL! 1

You nailed the title of the topic on the head @mr.yuck

This dynamic pricing is far more than what it sounds.  These cellphone prices are ridiculous.   The pricing remedied of a conversation I recently had with a supplier about how companies have analytics on our financial demographics.  So basically, companies believe the majority of working class should have X amount of disposable income at the end of the month after paying bills and the cost of living so much so.  Numbers are already run for an example Company A believes Household X should have $2300.00 in savings, so how can we get that extra money.  Company B wants to compete for that 2300.00 as well so company A maybe Samsung and company B may be Farmers insurance. 

The future looks broke.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...

So besides poisoning you, they’re going to throttle and squeeze out extra profits in doing so. Wendy’s is poison and hopefully more people wake up to that fact and just drive them out of business. 

But yeah, I get the broader point of this and yeah, pretty nuts. I’m all for what the market can bear to compel mutual transactions so my larger problem with this concept is when governments start doing it for toll roads and shit where getting home quicker costs more so it becomes a case of the poors having to wait in traffic to drive roads that were supposed to be tax payer funded while the rich zip home in surge charged speed lanes.