Dos Mil Veinticuatro

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 minutes ago, LUGR said:

wonder who is going to watch all these AI full length…?

As of right now, the bar for entry into making a high production value movie reduces the number of people capable of making a movie to a fraction, of a fraction of a percent. I'd guess less than 100,000 worldwide. I think the lowest budget movie I've ever paid to watch myself was "Clerks" and it cost something around $25k to make in 1990's money. So if I can drop like $1000, or less on a Chat GPT, Grok, or on a Hotpot AI account and make a full featured movie, or serious series like game of thrones with dragons and all, I'd imagine it would increase the number of moviemakers worldwide exponentially to at least the hundreds of millions.

With that said, this would feed the progression of movies exponentially. So while I don't think people would pay to watch the vast majority of movies made, I do think with the Pareto principal at work, a very small percentage of these AI movies will dominate, and without any feasible reason to make movies in an expensive studio, or with a $50k per hour small production team on location, the answer to your question would be everyone eventually. Especially when they're no longer made in the way they are now.

AI will essentially become the only way movies would be made in the future. I'm guessing the switch will at least start happening sometime in our lifetime, or possibly in a mere decade or two if AI gets smart enough to start improving it's own source code by itself. Bad news for people in the industry, great news for everyone else.

• Like 2

The sad thing will be the death of Dog/Cat videos, and most of the stuff that went viral during the "I Can Haz Cheeseburger" era until now. Once people no longer believe these crazy moments caught on camera are real, that genre of video will die off. Videos like this one wouldn't be worth watching, or sharing anymore.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

As of right now, the bar for entry into making a high production value movie reduces the number of people capable of making a movie to a fraction, of a fraction of a percent. I'd guess less than 100,000 worldwide. I think the lowest budget movie I've ever paid to watch myself was "Clerks" and it cost something around $25k to make in 1990's money. So if I can drop like $1000, or less on a Chat GPT, Grok, or on a Hotpot AI account and make a full featured movie, or serious series like game of thrones with dragons and all, I'd imagine it would increase the number of moviemakers worldwide exponentially to at least the hundreds of millions.

With that said, this would feed the progression of movies exponentially. So while I don't think people would pay to watch the vast majority of movies made, I do think with the Pareto principal at work, a very small percentage of these AI movies will dominate, and without any feasible reason to make movies in an expensive studio, or with a $50k per hour small production team on location, the answer to your question would be everyone eventually. Especially when they're no longer made in the way they are now.

AI will essentially become the only way movies would be made in the future. I'm guessing the switch will at least start happening sometime in our lifetime, or possibly in a mere decade or two if AI gets smart enough to start improving it's own source code by itself. Bad news for people in the industry, great news for everyone else.

It will be interesting to see. Probably happen sooner than we think.

My friend was sending me some animated AI he made the other night with some paid software and it was pretty crazy.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Can't bring myself to pay for it yet, but I've been wanting to try out making an AI video.

I have no need for it except to mess around with and make muddy sausage images & videos….so not worth paying for it.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

What's your homie making?

Some rappers hired him for a verse on their song and to make their AI video. He was showing me some samples of the AI animation style he was using and telling me about the programs. It’s called Luma Dream Machine.

• Props 1

7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

About 22 years ago while working at a posh sandwich spot in Santa Barbara, I made a ravioli sandwich on toasted ciabatta bread and it was the shit let me tell you. 

Smacked them from time to time at the spot.

@NightmareOnElmStreet what you know about a ravioli sandwich fam?

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

About 22 years ago while working at a posh sandwich spot in Santa Barbara, I made a ravioli sandwich on toasted ciabatta bread and it was the shit let me tell you. 

dude loves macaroni on pizza so imagine he would put noodles in a sandwich too

• Truth 1

11 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Nothing we didn’t used to do back in the day when it was only canned foods and wonder bread left. The struggle was real when I was young. Now I got like 5 different cheeses and smoked meats on deck. Life isn’t so bad but definitely could be a whole lot better lolol.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Nothing we didn’t used to do back in the day when it was only canned foods and wonder bread left. The struggle was real when I was young. Now I got like 5 different cheeses and smoked meats on deck. Life isn’t so bad but definitely could be a whole lot better lolol.

073B509A-46C9-4319-B8F5-9231059834D3.gif

• Like 1
  • Truth 1