Forward Party

Dark_Knight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's just democrat party 2.0. There are no real principals at it's core, it's just grifting onto temporary platforms like the democrats that they think will get the votes (that the democrats aren't grifting onto yet). Since they're smaller, and able to switch platforms faster, there's a chance they'll get some people in offices. The thing is, as soon as one of their temporary platforms starts striking a nerve with voters, the democrats will adopt it. As soon as one of their politicians starts establishing themselves as someone who can endorse other candidates, the democrats will adopt them too. IMO, they're only useful for people who think voting is effective, or works (lol) and want the democrats to adopt one of their "forward" platforms.

The name itself is a low effort grift onto the name "progressive" which ushered in all sorts of experimental programs like forced eugenics, prohibition, political integration of the KKK, and segregation laws during it's early years after the civil war known as the "progressive era". These people were the core democrats, and as soon as the public's opinion started shifting away, the people that still held these backwards beliefs were called the "Southern Democrats" to deflect the bad taste these grifter's left in the new era of racism we're currently in. Democrats now believe in hush hush racist ideas like low expectations, and policies like indefinite welfare (with strings attached), and public housing that is stripped if you get a job, or have a man with a job living with you. Implementations of non-consensual forced child support for never married people that has broken up families to the point where the United States is #1 in the world for kids being born/raised with no father/step fathers present. That's progress. Worst part is these people think they're benevolent, but their harmful actions are focused  almost exclusively on poor people. I wonder what these new assholes will come up with to make sure they get popular votes?

Edited by Mercer
More progressive era hate

You guys can shift closer to what we have here in Canada.  A mostly two horse race that is more interested in owning each other in parliament shouting matches with a fringe third party that gets the odd political nod to try and pass some legislation, like when the high school jock flirts down to piss off his cheerleader girlfriend. 

4 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Wouldn’t pressure on the two parties to change be a good thing? I think that’s the whole purpose

Dropping a 3rd turd into the toilet of politics would no doubt shift the position of the first two floaters, my point is this is really just squeezing together a 3rd turd, from bits & pieces of the first two. There's really no new poop, and it's time for a wipe & flush.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 2

the republican party has moved to the right and the democratic party has also moved to the right. i think lots of people are politically homeless right now.

there's always the "there are extremists on both sides!" pitch in stuff like these but it doesn't hold up under examination; the united states is unquestionably lurching to the right. "leftists" are wildly oversold as a threat. the real ones are like 1800 people, mostly podcasters and their listeners. 

• Truth 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:24 AM, Elena Delle Donne said:

the republican party has moved to the right and the democratic party has also moved to the right. i think lots of people are politically homeless right now.

there's always the "there are extremists on both sides!" pitch in stuff like these but it doesn't hold up under examination; the united states is unquestionably lurching to the right. "leftists" are wildly oversold as a threat. the real ones are like 1800 people, mostly podcasters and their listeners. 

Gotta say, I kind of agree. Both parties are the epitome of Imperialism/Fascism. Voters are so stupid one group thinks their party is going to punish those awful poor people for being poor, the other party thinks they're going to punish those awful rich people for being rich. In reality, both parties have partnered with corporations (who usually give to both equally as not to piss one side off) to further the cause of imperialism, and using our military/diplomatic connections to give these donors unfair advantages.

Meanwhile, some of our most promising teenagers are enlisted because they think have no choice in some areas, and get shipped off to bolster oil company profits, etc. and they swear they fought for our "freedom" (lol) and can't understand why nobody gives a shit anymore that they served. They didn't serve America, or our collective interests. They did the opposite and served corporate executives & politicians. Discarded as waste products once they come back with PTSD and missing limbs. I mean I can't blame our parasitic overlords, most of us are begging for this and cheer for their political brand names. It's easy to punch up, but what needs to happen to fix this is the idiots that keep believing in them need to just stop playing boo boo the fool 24/7. Anyone into national politics, or one of these parties is a disgusting piece of shit human being.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I'm more interested in local politics.

I think this is the way for people that want to get involved, and vote even though I still don't.  Still can get pretty slimy, but much less chances of being involved in murdering of civilians and people overseas, and the opportunity to actually do good shit. This is how recreational is legalized, and people that actually need help get it.

• Truth 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, mr.yuck said:

I'm more interested in local politics. I just found out that our mayor is literally a scummy ass used car salesman. Who let this happen?

I'm Canadian but this is my philosophy too.  Local politics more significantly impacts my day to day life.

• Truth 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Mercer said:

I think this is the way for people that want to get involved, and vote even though I still don't.  Still can get pretty slimy, but much less chances of being involved in murdering of civilians and people overseas, and the opportunity to actually do good shit. This is how recreational is legalized, and people that actually need help get it.

local politics is a good way to get involved... even just testifying at a meeting feels good. it can be hard to get a legislative calendar but is worth following