beekeepers hives destroyed!!!

where

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
27 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

You lost me at time travel...

No doubt some punk ass kids, right?

Sidenote, I have considered getting a bee hive, my cousin started a hive last year and it seems cool.

Having a hive would be sick af, I copped a beekeeper suit that I wear when I dj lol

the article says homie was breeding climate resistant bees so I was joking that it could have had really bad environmental consequences and time travelers had to return to our present to destroy the hives and stop that shit. naturally.

Edited by where
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, ndv said:

Ok, so I am finding this thread interesting.  

I found this article which was published back in 2011, I am just trying to find this guys relevance, which I am beginning to suspect, someone (company) doesn't want competition?

https://inhabitat.com/scientists-breeding-a-disease-and-mite-resistant-super-bee/

So either that or time travelers or maybe there is a spore or some parasite shit that takes over people’s brains and makes them kill bees, kinda like the shit with ants that makes them climb a tree and grow a branch out of their head

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I was just thinking about the cordyceps when you said that.  Yeah, am not sure?  My question is, what does the mites do (if any) to quality of the honey?   If anything, what are the effects to human consumption?  We build tolerance? Become carriers without any causes?  IDK, but interesting tho.

4 minutes ago, where said:

So either that or time travelers or maybe there is a spore or some parasite shit that takes over people’s brains and makes them kill bees, kinda like the shit with ants that makes them climb a tree and grow a branch out of their head

I do like the time travelers scenario, would make a great sci-fi movie of some sort.  Could totally spin that one with cordyceps and the human population going world War z.  

I suspect this thread is onto something  🤔   

• Like 1

@where @fat ralphy

Get a bee hive they are cool and good for yours and your neighbours' gardens

Before I got into graff I was right into keeping bees.

I used to have to spend every second weekend at my stepfather's place in the mountains so it was something I did while up there from the age of 11- to about 14.

I had 8 two level hives and used to get a quite a bit of honey.

Think my mum used to get her friends to buy it and then  they'd chuck it out because nobody uses that much honey.

Then one day I tried to suck up a swarm of bees in a vacuum cleaner ( they were in the little shed where I'd left a comb of honey out overnight) and got stung a lot of times as I walked away after dumping them outside the hives. I was most of the way back across the paddock but the angry swarm got me.

This was when we discovered I'm allergic to bee stings and I focussed on skating which lead to graff. 

Apiarist Babe up the page would be a total smash!

• Like 1
  • Props 1