The meaning of Handstyle.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Obviously a a bunch of characters and doodles in this flick, but peep the hand style... This is a very classic old Miami style that is very seldom seen. In fact, when kids were writing like this, there were no digital cameras, no mags, no internet so this didn’t really get exposed outside of Miami. Anyhow, this is from one of the main people I learned graffiti from, who was a master of this type of writing - Style FA / VO5. I’ll see if i can dig up more examples, but you can see how that flow lends itself to chisel tips, which is what was used most often. 

20A86195-254A-4F4D-ADD6-33000AF69F46.thumb.jpeg.0a86fb1643bb95e3724811711a2a5bad.jpeg

FB9D2838-DB3B-4010-B0ED-57D30F9D1BF5.thumb.jpeg.cf5b7242e2d25af8becc9b31b70d0f87.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Props 2

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

Obviously a a bunch of characters and doodles in this flick, but peep the hand style... This is a very classic old Miami style that is very seldom seen. In fact, when kids were writing like this, there were no digital cameras, no mags, no internet so this didn’t really get exposed outside of Miami. Anyhow, this is from one of the main people I learned graffiti from, who was a master of this type of writing - Style FA / VO5. I’ll see if i can dig up more examples, but you can see how that flow lends itself to chisel tips, which is what was used most often. 

20A86195-254A-4F4D-ADD6-33000AF69F46.thumb.jpeg.0a86fb1643bb95e3724811711a2a5bad.jpeg

FB9D2838-DB3B-4010-B0ED-57D30F9D1BF5.thumb.jpeg.cf5b7242e2d25af8becc9b31b70d0f87.jpeg

It's amazing to see these elements documented the whips on the lettering. Really fresh 

to me it defines personality on many levels. The element of writing is a wonderful way to communicate. I strongly think that texting has taken away all elements of that personalization that seems to be something of yesteryear. Like a birthday card nowadays people type emojis and that's it no feeling whatsoever in that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, misteraven said:

Seems odd they’d write in English, when Kanji lends itself to a swift style from what I can make of it. 

They adapt more to western culture that’s why they use the alphabet to try and flex handstyles kanji indeed is very much swift with precision 

• Like 1

I fucking love the cursive found in ledgers like that last picture.. so dope.... I'll sometimes Google image those. 

The philly wickets are dope too. 

Ever since i started writing, I've always tried improving my handstyles and pushing to the next level... it's made my regular handwriting clean as fuck... now all i ever hear is "wow, you have really nice handwriting"

Penmanship is definitely dying at schools.. they should have a class on it. 

• LOL! 1

On 7/10/2019 at 8:14 AM, misteraven said:

those are so dope 

• Like 1