The meaning of Handstyle.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 7/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, delv said:

I get this is lovely writing, but I don't get the reference to this thread. Are you able to elaborate?

This thread is about handwriting as stated when this thread was created . I will showcase all levels of writing ✍️ . This is yet another great form of expression with great history . 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, misteraven said:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c65.jpg.77e96e0ab641bfa2ca8b5bef5cda0a4f.jpg

So this was an early Miami style of writing? Is it known who started the style? I've seen Ease doing it on his massive canvases but I didn't know it was a wall writing style he learned as a writer that he was taking to the gallery. It's very loose. It has an interesting mix of a classic New York hand, and a Baltimore lean, but obviously a style all it's own.  

• Like 1

I have a true love of handwriting. Not just cursive or script, but all of it. As a kid I would practice, and practice, and practice, trying to get my handwriting to mimic an Architect's handwriting because I figured that's what I wanted to do when I grew up (I'm not an architect... ). I've spent a lot of time teaching myself good penmanship... in script, straight letters, then Graffiti handstyles trying to teach myself different regions local styles (still can't figure out Philly). One thing I've never tried but love is calligraphy, and I absolutely love when Graffiti writers bring a little of their style into it. One guy who does a beautiful job at it is Luca Barcellona. I wish I had the time to dedicate to teaching myself this craft. Maybe once I retire and have nothing but time...

28b403ba35691d31b00d8fbcdf8501c9.jpg

60f3532d4a378ac0a5053572e068e832.jpg

LabFoto198373-1240x616.jpg

Luca-Barcellona-poster-2017-.jpg

main.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Joker said:

I have a true love of handwriting. Not just cursive or script, but all of it. As a kid I would practice, and practice, and practice, trying to get my handwriting to mimic an Architect's handwriting because I figured that's what I wanted to do when I grew up (I'm not an architect... ). I've spent a lot of time teaching myself good penmanship... in script, straight letters, then Graffiti handstyles trying to teach myself different regions local styles (still can't figure out Philly). One thing I've never tried but love is calligraphy, and I absolutely love when Graffiti writers bring a little of their style into it. One guy who does a beautiful job at it is Luca Barcellona. I wish I had the time to dedicate to teaching myself this craft. Maybe once I retire and have nothing but time...

28b403ba35691d31b00d8fbcdf8501c9.jpg

60f3532d4a378ac0a5053572e068e832.jpg

LabFoto198373-1240x616.jpg

Luca-Barcellona-poster-2017-.jpg

main.jpg

These are amazing thanks for your submissions great to see the variety.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure to meet Crude oil outside the palladium on a Friday night catching tags on a pay phone being a native Nyer I thought this was insane to be doing on a Friday night but back then you could get away with a lot . It took balls of steel to do such acts but Here he was doing it . This photo is from a tribute zine his close buddies had made glad to own a copy with his flash work displayed .Oiler one of the greats never to be forgotten 🙏🏿 

99CC1C40-789E-453B-9290-412176AFC3DD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, Trueoginkhead55 said:

I had the pleasure to meet Crude oil outside the palladium on a Friday night catching tags on a pay phone being a native Nyer I thought this was insane to be doing on a Friday night but back then you could get away with a lot . It took balls of steel to do such acts but Here he was doing it . This photo is from a tribute zine his close buddies had made glad to own a copy with his flash work displayed .Oiler one of the greats never to be forgotten 🙏🏿 

99CC1C40-789E-453B-9290-412176AFC3DD.jpeg

This is great

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...