Stormy Daniels' lawyer is making a run for the presidency.......what the fuck

glorydays

this is some bullshit.

Michael Avenatti is making a presidential bid using the same fucking tactics trumpito used to get into the white house.

The fucking news channels are gassing this asshole up because "RATINGS"

I am fully in the camp that the news doesn't really fucking care about what happens to the normal citizens in this country as long as they get a check out of it.

Because as much as the news is fighting trump right now....theyre still cashing in on their confrontations with him

its just money, money, money

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Been saying for a while, everything's a story, and it's lame.  Media outlets are more message/ideological delivery systems than conveyors of actual news and they manpulate people's emotions to do so.

As far as this lawyer goes, haven't heard a ton about it but it fits the general pattern of anyone involved with the Trump train- ride the wave, cash in while you can, write a book or something about your experience.  You're not going to see his name on a ballot come election time.

@misteraven will say i told you so, but the media isnt just referring to the news

commercials and "movements" paid for by PR groups who have industry clients manipulate the population by creating fake "grassroots" movements

these fake movements are called "astroturfing"...cuz fake grass

Edited by glorydays
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

When you say that he’s using the same tactics as Trump, what tactics are you referring to?

heavy heavy media presence, bombastic and outlandish statements and insults, and using "being an outsider is good" attitude to his speech

he attacks trump and his camp as a way to connect with his base, just the same way trump did to his opponents

@misteraven will say i told you so, but the media isnt just referring to the news

commercials and "movements" paid for by PR groups who have industry clients manipulate the population by creating fake "grassroots" movements

Saw that the other day, was interesting.  

However, these are techniques that have been used for decades in our country and other countries, by our own country.  It's being put more up front now as politicians have become more whiney, and sore losers.  

On 8/14/2018 at 4:19 PM, glorydays said:

heavy heavy media presence, bombastic and outlandish statements and insults, and using "being an outsider is good" attitude to his speech

he attacks trump and his camp as a way to connect with his base, just the same way trump did to his opponents

I haven't paid that much attention to Avenatti but that's a pretty fair summary of what Trump did, no doubt.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, One Man Banned said:

Saw that the other day, was interesting.  

However, these are techniques that have been used for decades in our country and other countries, by our own country.  It's being put more up front now as politicians have become more whiney, and sore losers.  

Yep.  Those tactics are part of the reason (aside from outright corporate association / bribery) that people say votes can be bought and sold.  You can go create an actual movement, or you can use campaign funds to create one.  I'm pretty sure everybody in politics does this to some extent.  The ones who get elected definitely do, anyway.

Trump's campaign honestly didn't change much from what he already knew from his business / pseudo-celebrity life:  "Bad press is still press".  I'm of the opinion that it worked (among other reasons) because the opposition was only prepared to fight standard political tactics and definitely not prepared for a world-class shitshow like that.  It also worked well because a "normal" campaign is still just a slightly higher class shitshow.

Sure enough, I search for Avenatti because I'm not very familiar with him, and some of the first things up is a news article centered around a tweet:

@RudyGiuliani Buckle Up Buttercup. You and your client completely misplayed this…

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti)

Oh goodie, right down to the "talk shit on twitter" angle.  I'll pass on this mess.