WHATS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, ndv said:

Let us know how well the product works. 

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but plan on installing clear ceramic soon. 

This is the clear ceramic film. I forgot to add that in the description of the earlier post. 

I installed it on one of the window panes yesterday and now about to install the other pane. Super cooperative material to work with. I have some experience with automobile paint protection films and graphics so that helped. Just sprayed the typical application solution to the glass and the contact side of the film then used a plastic membership card I occasionally get in junk mail for a squeegee.

I won't truly know this product's effectiveness in protection from UV probably until next year. If the photographs and items on the Mrs's shrine have not faded anymore then I'd be in a better position to recommend this product or not. 

1 minute ago, Ko SprueOne said:

This is the clear ceramic film. I forgot to add that in the description of the earlier post. 

I installed it on one of the window panes yesterday and now about to install the other pane. Super cooperative material to work with. I have some experience with automobile paint protection films and graphics so that helped. Just sprayed the typical application solution to the glass and the contact side of the film then used a plastic membership card I occasionally get in junk mail for a squeegee.

I won't truly know this product's effectiveness in protection from UV probably until next year. If the photographs and items on the Mrs's shrine have not faded anymore then I'd be in a better position to recommend this product or not. 

Glad you mentioned this.   In my original question, I was going g to ask, "let us know how the film holds up next year, by deleted it thinking it wasn't important. 

Have you worked with Ultravision Film?

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Don’t laugh but I don’t know what this is. 
if I had to guess I’m thinking some kinda hole punch? For heavier materials? 

got it in one.

people use them for bookbinding.

I wont be using it for booking but for an art idea.

although I could make a book long term!

• Props 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:31 PM, ndv said:

A new water bowl for the kitties.  One loves it, the other is still unsure what it is amd will not go near it.

20240831_132956.jpg

An update to this, it accured to me that there is not a fail-safe if the pump goes out.  So the water is contained in the bottom reservoir and a transparent lid is placed on top separating the reservoir.  So if the pump stops working these guys get cut off.  Not good if your out of town for the weekend. 

I am gonna write the company amd see what they comeback with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndv said:

An update to this, it accured to me that there is not a fail-safe if the pump goes out.  So the water is contained in the bottom reservoir and a transparent lid is placed on top separating the reservoir.  So if the pump stops working these guys get cut off.  Not good if your out of town for the weekend. 

I am gonna write the company amd see what they comeback with. 

Up date to the update:   I think I may cut the lid in half as a safety measure.