what are you watching RIGHT NOW?

CardboardCondo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Im doing a TV series called The Rise of Graffiti Writing, you can stream the first two seasons for free world wide here:

Season 1:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-015348/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

Season 2:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/RC-016967/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing-from-new-york-to-europe/RC-016963/the-rise-of-graffiti-writing/

It features many of the old New York and European kings we all know, check it out and spread the word. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Binge watched a bunch of Ray Donovan.  Liked it enough to do so at first but now after a bunch... meh.  You can basically categorize each episode as:

I'm Ray Donovan.

or

Who are you? I'm Ray Donovan.

or

Who the fuck are you? I'm Ray Donovan.

or

Do you know who I am?  I'm Ray Donovan.

That's pretty much the show.  

John Voight is pretty good in it.

57 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

image.png.35d0bf440bc32b40abdf44a484855cd6.png

Enjoyed the 1st season of this, waiting a bit to check out Season 2.

It wont hold up to the first, I feel that one was a master piece. Its still really good though,  more of a Neo Noir crime drama, S1 had this Occult Southern Gothic vibe.

Season 3 starts January 13th, it looks great 

Edited by Kults

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 9:15 PM, AEROSOLE1125 said:

check out the movie spun. WARNING you have to be really high to pay attention to it.sober it is just not the same.There is a scene wih the juggalos wrestling in it.That is my favorite part of the movie.My uncle who showed me this movie apparently weent to prison but i am hoping that he gets out soon he always inspired me when i was doing art.

That was good movie. Check out The Salton Sea for a more subdued and subtle rendition of meth head life.

268x0w.jpg

Edited by Kults

1 minute ago, Kults said:

Ive watched the previous seasons and enjoyed them. Haven't tackled this one yet. Ill miss the two guys who played the DEA agents in the last ones, they were great.

I was entertained iin the least and look forward to the next one.  I'd say they've done fairly well since they're covering a well known story but you're still watching waiting for shit to happen.  There's things about the ending that I would have preferred be different but still worth it if you liked the others.

Just now, One Man Banned said:

I was entertained iin the least and look forward to the next one.  I'd say they've done fairly well since they're covering a well known story but you're still watching waiting for shit to happen.  There's things about the ending that I would have preferred be different but still worth it if you liked the others.

That sounds good. Ill check it out. The first season set a really high bar that I feel the following seasons failed to live up to but they were still enjoyable in their own right.

15 hours ago, glorydays said:

billy mcfarland has the most punchable fucking face

15 hours ago, glorydays said:

billy mcfarland has the most punchable fucking face

The gall it takes to use the fyre mailing list to shill for his new festival is unreal ?

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Kults said:

Didnt care for it, too goofy. Dropped it halfway through. Shame cause Night crawler was sick

Funny you say that, I disagree.  Saw you post that and was like why would I watch that after that awful other movie, could not even remember the name.  Night Crawler looked like it could have been good but to me, fell flat upon watching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Funny you say that, I disagree.  Saw you post that and was like why would I watch that after that awful other movie, could not even remember the name.  Night Crawler looked like it could have been good but to me, fell flat upon watching.

I could see why some

people wouldn’t have liked it. I think what I enjoyed most was the pulpy feel it had and having LA at night be a character itself.

The acting was over the top but I felt it worked despite its flaws. The story was a bit weak thought it wouldn’t have stood on its own for me it it wasn’t for the cool setting and how it was presented.

• 2 weeks later...