what are you watching RIGHT NOW?

CardboardCondo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I re watched the witch not long ago. Much better than the first sitting. I was NOT feeling it at first. 

Right? I had the same experience with it. First time through I probably just wasnt in the right mood for it, thought it was dreadfully dull. Rewatched it at some point, I was bored and wanted something on in the background, being an A24 movie I knew the cinematography would be great. I ended up getting really into it the second time. Some movies are weird like that.

• Truth 1

5 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

oh awesome going to check it out!

nice one mate - was looking for something new to  save me from sitting watching reruns of the office..

I think it's a future classic. The Wire is iconic, Generation Kill was cool but too short, Treme wasn't my thing and Show Me a Hero was meh but this is Simon at his best. Really loved it. When he's at the top of his game he makes some really special shows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kults said:

The Wire is iconic, Generation Kill was cool but too short

Waiting on the boxset of The Wire to download now.. was never that big in Aus so I've never seen it, people rave about it though so I've been meaning to check it out

Generation Kill based on the Evan Wright book? Was a good read, will definitely be keen to check it out if this is the case

• Like 1
  • Props 1

5 minutes ago, aimer said:

Waiting on the boxset of The Wire to download now.. was never that big in Aus so I've never seen it, people rave about it though so I've been meaning to check it out

Generation Kill based on the Evan Wright book? Was a good read, will definitely be keen to check it out if this is the case

Huh, I had no idea but you're right

Generation Kill is an American seven-part television miniseries produced for HBO that aired from July 13 to August 24, 2008. It is based on Evan Wright's eponymous 2004 book about his experience as an embedded reporter with the United States Marine Corps' 1st Reconnaissance Battalion during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and adapted for television by David Simon, Ed Burns and Wright.[1]

crop.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Kults said:

I think it's a future classic. The Wire is iconic, Generation Kill was cool but too short, Treme wasn't my thing and Show Me a Hero was meh but this is Simon at his best. Really loved it. When he's at the top of his game he makes some really special shows.

Only one episode into  The Deuce and it's shaping up nicely.

will watch another tonight

• Like 1