Occupy Wall Street

ILOTSMYBRAIN

I wish I had proof for you guys that this was an Anonymous project. I will go back into the #OWS trend but I don't think I'll be able to go back far enough to where I can show you that in August and such.. Sabu (one of the outspoken 'hacktivists' of Anon) was telling us about OWS and the plans. I know for a fact there are Anonymous released YouTube videos. I'll gather a bunch of the stuff and link y'all up. #knowledgeispower

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool story bro, instead of attending the protests and general assemblies, maybe we should be more like you.

I'm sure sitting on IRCs, blogs, and trolling graffiti forums all day is way more productive and will help fix this countries problems.

Maybe I'll find an insignificant Yahoo news headline to get mad about and start a thread, that'll get this country back on track.

99% of the people protesting here could give a fuck about Anon, most never heard of it, that is not why we're protesting.

It might be different for college campuses but the core groups in NYC are labor unions and liberals who lost faith in the democratic party.

Cool story bro, instead of attending the protests and general assemblies, maybe we should be more like you.

I'm sure sitting on IRCs, blogs, and trolling graffiti forums all day is way more productive and will help fix this countries problems.

Maybe I'll find an insignificant Yahoo news headline to get mad about and start a thread, that'll get this country back on track.

I'm not trolling? I am merely arguing? You are getting butthurt here because you are kinda finding out you are in the wrong.

And as far as supporting OWS and the whole Occupy movment... I don't. Not anymore. I did at the beginning of OWS.

You can't tell me that you have never supported something and what it stood for and then it changed and you didn't like how it changed? Come on man. Be logical.

EDIT - OWS is not getting the country back on track either, bro.

EDIT x2 - And it's quite funny because here in this discussion/argument you turn to attacking me personally, instead of trying to go for facts and valued opinions. Come on man. You're a mod? Grow up.

I'm confused....are you trying to enlighten us or are you taking credit for OWS?

If anyone has about an hour to read through it, there's a bill about to pass here in the US (S. 1867: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012) that's pretty scary. A couple things it covers- authorization for regular military to operate/engage on US soil, consolidation of military and private sector resources, something that sounds like conscription of civilians for military service...apparently it's going to be voted on soon, so it might behoove some of you to call your representative and tell them you don't support this.

So yes, we still need OWS. Whether or not it's old meme.

No I'm not taking credit at all, that'd be just plain retarded to sit here and say I started it. When I talk about it.. it was not just me but thousands of others in the Trends and IRC's. Most of us merely sat back and spectated. It's insane the support Anonymous has. They are really trying to bring about a new world.

Scor, I just don't see any point to your argument.

You're just like every other douchebag in this thread who's looking for an argument and expressing disappointment that OWS isn't exactly what you want it to be.

If, by chance, the first people to camp out on wall street had some sort of connection to Anon, good for you.

The broader picture still doesn't change here, The right fragmented, now the left, the corrupt 2 party system is under attack.

Nobody is protesting because of IRC chatter, nor will anyone stop if every IRC nerd in the country says he's no longer supporting OWS.

why did the hipster burn his lips?

because he ate pizza before it was cool.

you were occupy before it was cool, stfu. ows is powerful because it is real people in the real world, not online. if anon was involved in the early stages thats neat, but if you were stupid enough to think you could try to initiate a revolution and then limit to the internets and /b/tards then you're a dumbass.

You guys aren't seeing the point I'm trying to make and this is it.

I'm not being a hipster fag are a /b/tard at all. I am simply explaining.

If OWS stayed on its true course I would be COMPLETELY behind it. That's it.

You have to understand its beginning to understand it at all.

OWS is like Warped Tour.

No, you're not a member of this community and starting a thread on what has to be the most insignificant Yahoo news article I've ever seen quoted shows your level of maturity.

I'm waiting for your negaprops to max out and your account to be banned so you go back to being annoying on whatever IRC you came from.

No, you're not a member of this community and starting a thread on what has to be the most insignificant Yahoo news article shows your level of maturity.

I'm waiting for your negaprops to max out and your account to be banned so you go back to being annoying on whatever IRC you came from.

Elitism. Great quality in a mod.

Anon started OWS, this is not debatable.

I agree with Scor on a few points, but disagree that the movement itself is "dying".

Just like other have stated there has been themes and "issue's" added to the OWS agenda that I think most people won't agree with.

However what this is doing is like has been stated before is attacking the 2 party system and just the overall corrupt nature that out political system works in, and this isn't going anywhere, people all over the world are very upset, and all of that frustration and anger isn't going to vanish just because it's getting cold outside.

You're just like every other douchebag in this thread who's looking for an argument and expressing disappointment that OWS isn't exactly what you want it to be..

That's the great thing....it CAN be whatever you want it to be because it's an autonomous movement. If you're disappointed with how things are going you can get out there and participate...if you don't, then you don't, but don't expect to be viewed with much credibility when you get up on your soapbox.

Scor, two things...I wasn't saying I was skeptical that Anon started this, I was saying I was skeptical of Anon. (Trust me, I have my reasons.) And since you put yourself out there, what was Anon's endgame strategy? I thought the message was pretty clear- hold Big Business accountable for once- but for some reason the majority of Americans can't wrap their pointy little heads around that concept....so did I get it wrong too? I don't know how much of this thread you've read, but this is definitely not my first rodeo. I've been involved with activism for most of my life, and I have to say that this is one of the more broad-based and lively movements I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm genuinely interested in seeing this from another perspective.

That's the great thing....it CAN be whatever you want it to be because it's an autonomous movement. If you're disappointed with how things are going you can get out there and participate...if you don't, then you don't, but don't expect to be viewed with much credibility when you get up on your soapbox.

Scor, two things...I wasn't saying I was skeptical that Anon started this, I was saying I was skeptical of Anon. (Trust me, I have my reasons.)

I agree with you on that. Rumor has it that the brains behind it are Hamas leaders just trying to get us (America) to turn on each other.

It's just crazy because a lot of the hacktivists are American kids... and as far as this whole bashing/arguing thing goes I don't mind talking to you about it and if I come off stand offish I'm sorry. It's just this mod has a stick up his ass about me and it's extremely frustrating. This is an open thread and he's sitting here attacking me for expressing my stance.

EDIT : And these kids are being tricked into taking down these sites/getting into gov't sites because they think they are doing good for everyone.. and human rights. When in reality it is just Hamas using scapegoats and smokescreens

And yes shai you are right.. the purpose of OWS was to have Big Business held accountable for their actions. That was it. At least in the sense of Anonymous' eyes.

Then the bandwagon happened and now the idea behind OWS is gone and replaced by other things... so does it make sense as to why I am against OWS now? Am I allowed to change my opinion and support?

OWS was just for Wall Street, and it branched out and now we have all this 'Occupy'. Occupy denies Anonymous now, yet Anonymous still backs it. It's weird and it sucks because everything is so decentralized.. We can never get a clear picture

Huh, I never heard that one.

One of the better ones I've heard is that there's something analogous to a new COINTELPRO and this is all part of "the plan," but wouldn't it make more sense to quietly round up everyone than it would to create a mass movement and have to deal with the resulting attention? Unless there's a psyops component I'm missing here, which would answer a few nagging questions I've had lately.

We've already identified some known snitches and cops that have "infiltrated" the local crew and subsequently asked them to GTFO, which is kind of funny since security culture here is practically nonexistent and it's more or less wide open if you look right and say the right things...and sometimes that's not even necessary.

That's crazy. I've never heard of any of that! Do you have any links I can go to that kind of explain those thought trains?

And it's crazy because I support Anonymous... but at the same time something feels extremely off. Because if they are genuine, then their movement is beautiful. But at the same time... it does feel like something about them is off.

I don't have any links, it was just one of those "you had to be there" things.

Despite everything that I've seen in support of Anon's involvement in OWS I still have a really hard time believing they would get behind it beyond the "Wow, this could REALLY fuck with people" angle.

It's the same thing with the internet and real life...Anon deals with its own security issues since it also has an open door policy, and it's virtually impossible to vet every single person who wants to get involved. Without playing my own hand, I guess I have a past with Anon but more as an observer as opposed to doing dirty work. I figured I could learn a thing or two, and I did, but there was no way I was going to get caught up in seriously shady business with a bunch of people I didn't even know on a first name basis.

And I agree that sometimes things that happen with OWS almost feel like they're...I don't know, orchestrated? It seems like consensus is reached on certain things that I think merit further discussion, then other things get glossed over that deserve way more attention.

There's other stuff that I can go into later once I hash out how I want to express it without giving up too much information.

i came up on some information that banks were not bailed out, if that were to be true then what would that mean for those protesting the matter? what would that mean for this country if it were to be a myth? the media can promote and blow the idea out of proportion and it just becomes a common fact. Im not defending banks, if someone took my money and used it for something ridiculous i would be furious too but i also dont like being lied to, even if the banks are corrupt .. what do you think??

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/11/were-wall-street-banks-bailed-out.php

• Like 1

In the age of the internet where people are as smart as google, it's incredible how wrong people can be sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

There was a bailout of wallstreet. Did the government make 40-something million dollars from it? Yes. Was it still a bailout? Of course. Did the US government force every bank in America to raise capital by issuing them a loan with 9% apr through the tarp program? Yes. Why? Because between the subprime mortgages, credit default swaps and leveraging on top of leveraging on top of leveraging there was about a sixty times more money being used than what was actually in circulation. If people wanted their money back, they all would've failed. In comparison the great depression was caused when there was a bank run with only three times the the amount of borrowing over the actual pool of money. The only way to reduce the risk here is to raise the amount of money every company actually has sitting has on their books.