Irate Irene

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who goes surfing in a hurricane is a fucking retard.

Natural selection doing it's job.

Not if u know what ur doing. I've chased and surfed hurricane swells for the last 20 years, even got arrested for it in 98 surfing hurricane George. I guess my point is that Just because some middle aged man paddles out on a surfboard and drowns doesn't make him a surfer, chances are he was an inexperienced toy

• Like 1

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/29/irene.aftermath/index.html?on.cnn=3

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

600,000 customers without power in Va., northern N.C., utility says

More than 8,500 in Red Cross shelters on the East Coast

Death confirmed in Vermont; toll is now at least 21 dead in nine states

certainly not biblical

but it does suck for the people who got flooded and/or lost stuff. i am glad it wasn't me.

Brattleboro, Vermont (CNN) -- Floodwaters brought by Tropical Storm Irene began to recede Monday in Vermont, but the governor warned that further flooding and loss of life are likely ahead for the small, rural state.

"It's just devastating," Gov. Peter Shumlin said Monday. "Whole communities under water, businesses, homes, obviously roads and bridges, rail transportation infrastructure. We've lost farmers' crops," he said. "We're tough folks up here but Irene ... really hit us hard."

Hundreds of people remained trapped Monday in communities cut off by raging floodwaters that washed out or otherwise damaged 263 roads and bridges, Shumlin said. Exactly how many were stranded remained unclear, he said.

"It's hard for us to know, frankly, because it's hard for us to get into the communities we need to get to," he said.

Highlighting the transportation problems, the Vermont National Guard had to travel through neighboring Massachusetts to get rescue crews to the small, cut-off town of Wilmington, the governor said.

One death had been confirmed as a result of the storm. The fatality occurred in Wilmington, where a woman who was standing near a river died after she was swept away by floodwaters. Her body has been recovered, according to authorities.

"I can say with confidence that there's further loss of life," Shumlin said, adding that authorities are searching for several missing people.

RIP

LOL this guy is all up in the poop mist!

That's actually a chemical reaction of rust being blasted off the sea wall.

Or at least that's the way they explained it when I saw that on the news, and I don't see why there would be a sewage line along the shore unless it was pumping sewage into the ocean which I'm pretty sure hasn't been done in a very, very long time.

That's actually a chemical reaction of rust being blasted off the sea wall.

Or at least that's the way they explained it when I saw that on the news, and I don't see why there would be a sewage line along the shore unless it was pumping sewage into the ocean which I'm pretty sure hasn't been done in a very, very long time.

I'm pretty sure it is poop mist.

3.3 million without power

38 dead

i'll await commentary from those with something to prove

:haha:

Literally had nothing go wrong in my area. I still had power, didn't get flooded, didn't have any major damage. I filled up one leaf bag with the stuff that fell and that was it. For me at least, this storm wasn't shit, like I said it wouldn't be.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/29/new.york.prattsville.stranded/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It took four trips by a state police helicopter, but 21 people who had been stranded by post-Irene floodwaters in a Prattsville, New York, house were rescued Monday without incident, a local official said.

The group included four young children and a woman who appeared to be about five months pregnant, according to Greene County Administrator Shaun Groden.

"People can't go home. They have nothing, floors all mud, car on top of the deck. They've lost everything," she said.

yes, in many places it wasn't shit and apparently that is something to boast about for some

but for others it was a much different story.