MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

Holy fucking lulz at the Twins lineup tonight. AA pitcher, CF, 1B and then the rest are AAA besides Mauer at DH and Valencia at 3B. It makes sense that we're trying a lot of players out, but I definitely didn't expect to see 7 minor leaguers in the lineup in one night.

Edit: to be fair, a bunch of the AAA guys have been up here with us a good chunk of the season with all the injuries, but three AA players in one night? Can't help but laugh.

Parmelee looks solid. Joe Benson is one of our top-ranked prospects. Hendriks doing okay for first outing. It's just September call ups, but it is nice to see some of the talent in the minor league system while the rest of the majors squad is sucking wind. I hope Hughes and Plouffe will be back next year on the squad so we can forget about that Tolbert dude.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I understand why we're doing it. Like I said, I just wasn't expecting see Benson, Parmelee and Hendriks all make their first MLB appearance on the same night. But, I wasn't expecting a lot of things this season.

Hendriks has looked pretty good. 7 completed innings, 4 hits, 3 ER. Not bad for a guy who came up from AA to make his first appearance. And I definitely think we'll be seeing more of Plouffe and Hughes. They've both earned it over Tolbert and Nishioka.

A Braves player has now captured the Gillette presents NL Rookie of the Month Award in 3 consecutive months (Freddie Freeman in July. Craig Kimbrel June and August.)

Dan Uggla has been voted the Budweiser Presents National League Player of the Month for August.

fat ralphy, you seem to be a humble soul.

i see very little giants fans in here, in comparison to the shit talking gang that bandwagoned up last season. i hope your club recovers, although i doubt it this season, i can see a rebound next season. it goes to show how hard it is to stay a staple in the game, you need good management from the field to the front office, you need a loyal fan base, a growth oriented farm system, and in general you need some luck/ as far as staying healthy and keeping players motivated through tough times ect...

• Like 1

did detroit just hit a fucking grand slam????? jesus, I thought cleveland had this one

edit: giants fans still here ralphychan. beltran is finally swinging like he should, and the snakes took an L.

strasburg looked pretty awesome, that was nice to see. then of course the nats bullpen gives the game away haha

yea it has been quiet in here with Giants fants. ralphy, ssn and lugar otherwise the whole rah rah gang at the end of last season is silent. even at the games at at&t park when the giants are down you can hear a pin drop so to speak. i have never herd a park get so quiet when the home team is down like that place. its weird...

yea it has been quiet in here with Giants fants. ralphy, ssn and lugar otherwise the whole rah rah gang at the end of last season is silent. even at the games at at&t park when the giants are down you can hear a pin drop so to speak. i have never herd a park get so quiet when the home team is down like that place. its weird...

sorry guys i take care of my 1 month old during the day...i know i should be online more to prove im a real fan.

haha, not much time lately...typing this one handed baby bottle in other.

• Like 2

fat ralphy, you seem to be a humble soul.

i see very little giants fans in here, in comparison to the shit talking gang that bandwagoned up last season. i hope your club recovers, although i doubt it this season, i can see a rebound next season. it goes to show how hard it is to stay a staple in the game, you need good management from the field to the front office, you need a loyal fan base, a growth oriented farm system, and in general you need some luck/ as far as staying healthy and keeping players motivated through tough times ect...

we have all you mentioned but we lost our top 6 offensive players at one point or another this year due to injury...

no excuses, its baseball and its a long season.....i just wish we had our best roster to play with