MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea CA angles sounds so much more legit and it would tilt a nod to the old days...

also to note, Albert wont be making much more money then the Cards offered. you have to figure in cost of living, property tax and state income tax which CA trumps St. Louis big time. i say he wanted a lifestyle change. the Angels are not even that scary of a team even adding him and CJ. we shall see how he does against the AL pitchers too... pretty odd move.

i already said Henley causing drama but ozzie said he is number one so i dont see him getting traded. he made the marlins, that shit would be foul... no pun intended

On another note, I just watched a 9 minute video of Yu Darvish striking motherfuckers out. I think all from this past season. If he can handle the transition and put up even remotely close to the numbers he did in Japan, he could be one of the best pitchers around. It's always such a huge question mark with Japanese players though.

2011: "winning 18 games and featuring a career-low 1.44 ERA. He also led the league with 28 starts, 232 innings, 276 strikeouts and a 0.82 WHIP. He also featured remarkable control, walking only 36 batters.[45]"

10.7K/9 and a .82 WHIP, averaging 8.3 IP per start.

angels pitching not to be underestimated...

fools in the AL to think they wont be a contender.

All they really have is Jered Weaver and, to an extent, Santana.

I think they committed too much to CJ. Scott Kazmir keeps coming to mind.

Mike Sciosa is old school, but he's a pitcher's manager.

With the addition of Pujols, though, they could be a contender. And they are getting more than just Pujols in the deal, though. With him at 1B, Mark Trumbo will be a big trade chip. I think he'll have his sophomore slump as pitchers will probably have scouting on him, but he should have enough value to fetch prospects or MLB-ready talent. As for Kendry Morales, he looks like he is in trouble.

On another note, I just watched a 9 minute video of Yu Darvish striking motherfuckers out. I think all from this past season. If he can handle the transition and put up even remotely close to the numbers he did in Japan, he could be one of the best pitchers around. It's always such a huge question mark with Japanese players though.

2011: "winning 18 games and featuring a career-low 1.44 ERA. He also led the league with 28 starts, 232 innings, 276 strikeouts and a 0.82 WHIP. He also featured remarkable control, walking only 36 batters.[45]"

10.7K/9 and a .82 WHIP, averaging 8.3 IP per start.

I remember how excited I was after watching video on Tsuyoshi Nishioka. Fuck that.

Haha, yeah. Thats really all I think of when I think of these days when I think of Japanese players, and I get angry as hell. But sometimes they transition well. Like I said, huge question mark, but all of his pitches look really good. The change from 7 to 5 days rest is huge, as well as players actually having power and being far better hitters. Plus, the general transition to america can't be easy.

Slowey really has no value and it was driven down by himself and the Twins through 2010-2011. Good for us and for Slowey to go - fresh start, and a team that could be less likely to put up with his shit. So, this is his chance to get it together or get his marching papers out of the MLB (though I bet he would take a job in Japan or elsewhere internationally).

We're hurting for pitching in the minors, so the acquisitions are understandable. I think the idea is to hopefully work on the kid we got from Colorado in the minors. As for the Rule 5 we got from ChiSox, he has to go on the 40-man roster, but I don't see him making the 25-man come season opener unless he really turns some heads in camp. If all else fails, we can send him back to Chicago and get our $50,000 back.

These just look like a part of a contingency plan if we don't manage to sign/acquire an MLB-level starter. We're going to need people in the minors if we're going to bring up Swarzak, etc.

Rule 5 has to go on the 25 man roster, which is the main reason I don't like it. Granted, if he's decent we'll probably just end up trading for him, but I really don't like the prospect of Butera and some rule 5, minor league pitcher taking up 2 spots on our 25man roster. I'm still not quite sure why Gardy seems to be leaning towards keeping Butera around. Sure, if Mauer can't catch at all, I guess i'd rather have Butera than Rivera. But if Mauer and Doumit are both able to play, I see no reason to have Butera trotting out there with his .150 batting average.