Your mom goes to college.

Soup

I'm pretty sure the saying isnt "college is what you make of it." but rather "Life is what you make of it."

And it sounds like you'd rather just work and dont even want to be in college but do it because your parents would smack you if you didnt. Sounds like you're being insulting and authoritative because you lack the social skills not to. Sounds like you're like every other college student. The hypocrisies in what you're saying and doing are stacking up, and that's the reality every college grad has to deal with when they get out.

You really want to be an asshole or do you want to work on building rapport? That's something you'll need to find job placement. What you're really tying to say in that post? How does one waste time in college? How does one use their time in college wisely? HOw does one line up multiple jobs before even graduating college? Most of my friends have been sitting at home two years after graduating, filling out hundreds of resumes and taking whatever bullshit job they can get. Not to mention the stacks of student loans and credit card bills they have to deal with. Help them out.

nah, you misread me, look again.

be smart.

if you figure out a field you're interested in, look up people in that field, and start talking to them. this may lead to a job; it may not. if not, keep talking to people. managers and hiring people get a thousand resumes, so make yourself stand out. call them back and thank them for an interview or any number of other little ass-kissing things. it is okay to kiss ass to get a job sometimes. it shouldn't be your go-to though.

you waste time in college by paying to go there and not using it to get a job or advance your place in your field... i thought that was pretty straightforward.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury. I like you kid from the TC days, but snap out of it. How you wrote that post was bossy and pretentious, and still you're telling me what to do. I slap my baby brother around for talking the exact same way, but i love him. He's just young and doesn't know any better. Knock it off.

I know plenty of people in and around my "field." General contractors, architects, etc. And my opinion is what it is because I talk to them all the fucking time and I know what's up the road for me.

i'm a college grad and can honestly say it was the craziest 4 years of my life. education-wise i did not pick up a whole lot because i really didn't give a shit about 99% of anything i was learning in GE.

Picked an easy major/minor that were ok but i was so bored i created a whole 2nd minor in a subject i actually cared about.

to date, i currently use almost no knowledge that i obtained in those 4 years.

overall...yeah, i'd do it again. was it worth going $28K in debt? no.

college floozies FTW

Edit: on second thought. College girls are just O.K. Ive met as many girls in college than I have not in college, and i wouldnt say really them going to college really meant anything to me at all.

I mean shit, shave ice hut girls are amazing too.

I don't know if any of you retards had advisors in college like most people, but they try and feel out your needs and aspirations to guide you along a career path.

If you were too stupid to notice that, then you get the drone job you deserve or you went to a school that was no better than a pile of cow shit.

true on college pussy. thing is, there was a lot of it a my school (yes, a good one in the CSU system). i was washed up by the age of 23 in this place! bitches: experience-wise, it was lacking but so was i. i was young but i learned quick...

who says laying pipe you don't remember laying isn't good? :lol:

in terms of a career, i have used some (not much) knowledge from my 2nd major to FIND a job.

FFW to today, i'm making more money than i ever have NOT thanks to my degree. i finally learned that my initial chosen industry is absolutely fucked for money. therefore, i found one that's not.

I don't know if any of you retards had advisors in college like most people, but they try and feel out your needs and aspirations to guide you along a career path.

If you were too stupid to notice that, then you get the drone job you deserve or you went to a school that was no better than a pile of cow shit.

Ive talked to thirteen different colllege advisors, gone to various college days, talked to various people who already graduated and are successful in our profession, and they all have said I'm on my own. This is how it is for any design profession in a niche market, not just the various niches of architecture.

In any kind of design profession, architectural or otherwise, college is nothing more than another page in a resume.

The only thing I can say that's good about college is all the students I've met. I know General contractors that have worked the area for the last 20 years and know EVERYBODY. (Architecture and construction in the Bay Area is a very small community.) People like that are hard to meet, and even harder to make them take you seriously.

Basically what im saying, between networking and girls, the only valid thing college is for: shmoozing. Then again, you dont need to go to college to shmooz.

Why do you think i care what you think or write? I just think that this attempt to convince me this WHOLE issue here isn't with the educational system, but rather I subconciously hate my major and am just looking for the easy route is, uh, retarded.

I'm curious what it is you think I want to hear.

even before i got done with high school i knew college was not for me. so i joined the military(navy) and when i got out i got a pretty good job due to the schools and experience i got in the navy. i don't make a lot by any means but i ain't poor either, and i am completely happy with just that

i am the kind of guy that wants to be doing the same thing for a long time and stay at one place. to me it is just a job and when i leave my job i don't ever think about work, i got friends that are constantly thinking/stressing about their job when not at work. fuck that.

some people might talk shit but fuck em, i am perfectly content with being a blue collar kind of guy. i mean somebody has to do it

Why do you think i care what you think or write? I just think that this attempt to convince me this WHOLE issue here isn't with the educational system, but rather I subconciously hate my major and am just looking for the easy route is, uh, retarded.

I'm curious what it is you think I want to hear.

You want people to agree with you, because any other things that they might point out or bring up are, uh, retarded.

• Like 1

You want people to agree with you, because any other things that they might point out or bring up are, uh, retarded.

Hahaha wat? Agree with me... how? How'd you miss the last five pages of people sharing their college experiences?

Seriously, just move to Hawaii (uh, retarded location choice by the way) and start your tribe.

Meanwhile, I believe we're all paid up in this thread.

If you're done with this thread, shouldn't you stop posting? There's five pages of people posting that arent you. How did you miss that?

Stop telling people what to do, dummy.

Oh, you don't want me to quote you anywhere anymore, so I can agree with with the viewpoints you've put forth?

I don't even have any E-BEEFZ with you or anyone on here, I just call it as I see it, and you come off as liking to hear yourself talk and then getting to sit back and watch people agree with what you say.

I put forth that you want people to agree with you. You told me to quote you, "anywhere" which I would assume was inviting me to quote one of posts you made where you established a position as to the value of college in your opinion.

I think you were trying to say you didn't want anyone to agree with you because this thread is about sharing opinions and stories. Never mind the fact that you automatically got argumentative with injury and others who didn't share your thoughts on college.

Now you're babbling about people sharing their experiences (after editing), which apparently refutes my idea that you want people to agree with you. I'm not making sense...? Okay.

All I got from this thread is that you overuse the word rhetoric, you want to be a vagabond drifter after having had some epiphany like Jules from Pulp Fiction and that you opened up a discussion where you automatically dismissed anyone who disagreed with you or called you on your bullshit.

Your meds. Take them.

All I got from this thread is that you overuse the word rhetoric, you want to be a vagabond drifter after having had some epiphany like Jules from Pulp Fiction and that you opened up a discussion where you automatically dismissed anyone who disagreed with you or called you on your bullshit.

Your meds. Take them.

Actually what we're talking about here is why moving somewhere as remote as hawaii and not going to college stigmatizes you as a vagabond and a crazy person, like you're doing. Not actually moving to hawaii.

And called on bullshit? How bout your bullshit, dude? Do you have conversations with people all the time where you just tell everybody else what to do? You get called an asshole much? Apparently college didn't teach you about rapport.

I'm not telling you what to do at all. Nor am I stigmatizing you. I've been on a bunch of tropical islands and moving to one of them sounds awesome. I'm just wondering why you care what anyone else thinks? If you are so intelligent and know what you want, why are you worried about anyone that would spend their time thinking about you and what you do with your life?

All I said is that you seem to have issues with your schooling and most of your reasoning sounds like excuses that lazy people use.

Yes, when I converse with people I act like an authoritative dictator.

Sensitive much?

GasFace, you've gone from saying I should move to hawaii to moving to hawaii is retarded, to that you've been to tons of tropical islands and living on one would be cool, to me requiring meds if I wanted to live there.

Then you've gone from saying I should change my major, to drop out of school, to move to hawaii to saying you're not telling me what to do.

Then you've gone from saying people with crappy jobs are retards who didnt use college advisors, to people who live in hawaii are lazy vagabonds, to saying you're not stigmatizing anyone.

Its not that I care about what you think, Its that I have no fucking clue what you think because you're all over. Excuse me for thinking you're just being argumentative.... or in internet speak, trolling.

GasFace, you've gone from saying I should move to hawaii to moving to hawaii is retarded, to that you've been to tons of tropical islands and living on one would be cool, to me requiring meds if I wanted to live there.

Then you've gone from saying I should change my major, to drop out of school, to move to hawaii to saying you're not telling me what to do.

Then you've gone from saying people with crappy jobs are retards who didnt use college advisors, to people who live in hawaii are lazy vagabonds, to saying you're not stigmatizing anyone.

Its not that I care about what you think, Its that I have no fucking clue what you think because you're all over. Excuse me for thinking you're just being argumentative.... or in internet speak, trolling.

If you want to move to Hawaii, you should move there.

I think it's a retarded place to move to if you want it to be remote because Hawaii is the furthest thing from a remote island. It is easily accessible and completely un-remote, however beautiful it may be.

As for the school stuff, the way you phrase it there makes it look all over the place, but I said all of those things after you basically were given opinions and options by myself and others and you just brushed them off and kept to your program about school being bullshit.

As for the job and advisor thing. Well, I don't think people with shitty jobs are retards, but I do think people who hate their jobs and or situation in life and do nothing to try and change it are retards. If you pay to go to college and don't take advantage of their career placement programs or advising, you aren't a savvy consumer and you get what you get in terms of jobs if in fact you can't figure it out on your own.

I have the utmost respect for people who abandon the western world and live in places you only see on the Discovery Channel, but if those people aren't educated in some way they just become another mouth to feed and do nothing but become a burden on the community no matter how simple it is.

Now go home and get your fuckin' shine box.