The Walking Dead.

penmanship

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the make up and special effects in this show are fucking insane.

the amount of blood splatter, brains, and chunks of flesh they get correct makes it even better.

The make-up FX is being done by KNB FX - Greg Nicotero's outfit - well known for their amazing FX work in film. Nicotero is a student of Tom Savini, was in Romero's Day of the Dead, and grew his career from there. Truly incredible stuff (as you can see in TWD)! A good friend of mine is the web designer for KNB and he just relaunched the site a few days ago. Check it out... lot's of goodies!

http://www.knbefxgroup.com/

The make-up FX is being done by KNB FX - Greg Nicotero's outfit - well known for their amazing FX work in film. Nicotero is a student of Tom Savini, was in Romero's Day of the Dead, and grew his career from there. Truly incredible stuff (as you can see in TWD)! A good friend of mine is the web designer for KNB and he just relaunched the site a few days ago. Check it out... lot's of goodies!

http://www.knbefxgroup.com/

one of my wifes good friends works for KNB. I actually got to go to their main warehouse and look at the Predators when they were working on that movie..

theres not really many other ways they can start...

because that's always been what happens... dude gets shot, or something happens to him and he goes into the hospital... for weeks.. on sedatives and what have you... then he wakes up and finds out he's fucked :lol:

plus they want the story line to be like - dude wakes up and he finds out what has happened.. his kid and wife are gone..... - meets up with people... there might be hope.... - meets up with old friend and wife and kid.. only to find out friend probably banged his wife.... and so on.

i mean it'd be nice to see one start where he's alive, and well and then the zombie out break hits.

I'd classify 28 days later in zombie movies. they're not quite dead, but they eat brains, and don't do anything but.

I agree with the titles included in this chart as all zombie films. Sure they're not the classic undead, but they generally do the same thing, kill off anything that's not undead/infected, and eat everyone with a pulse.

zombie_infographic_1024.jpg

yeah, but they're essentially doing the same thing, they don't attack each other, they create more of themselves by turning living people into them, they don't just give up after losing an arm or leg. they're totally in the same genre. like all the other non classic zombie style movies that follow the same scheme of things. I'm aware they're not undead, and don't eat people, but i think the appeal of the zombies is that it's alive vs something you turn into if they get you. infected or undead. the reanimation is usually much cooler, and this show is by far the best of the genre to date in my opinion. with just one episode.

Archived