Ground Zero Mosque

ipod90

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what any of these bigots claim it's pure and simple hatred for Islam driving this roadblock they want to create.

They let themselves get pulled into a cycle of hate that less than a millionth of muslims were trying to create thus letting that fraction of a percent win.

Pretty embarrassing that almost 10 years later it's still just a huge hole in the ground with all the bullshit bickering.

Holding the development up at WTC just isn't enough for some people.

Now there's a new push to extend their stranglehold on development outward to other blocks.

Meanwhile, life goes on, you can't change the past but you can ruin the futures of others I guess.

These assholes are fucking embarrassments, especially here in NYC with the wide range of communities we have here living peacefully.

No matter what any of these bigots claim it's pure and simple hatred for Islam driving this roadblock they want to create.

They let themselves get pulled into a cycle of hate that less than a millionth of muslims were trying to create thus letting that fraction of a percent win.

Pretty embarrassing that almost 10 years later it's still just a huge hole in the ground with all the bullshit bickering.

Holding the development up at WTC just isn't enough for some people.

Now there's a new push to extend their stranglehold on development outward to other blocks.

Meanwhile, life goes on, you can't change the past but you can ruin the futures of others I guess.

These assholes are fucking embarrassments, especially here in NYC with the wide range of communities we have here living peacefully.

It's a sad world sometimes. Don't blame it on all Republicans, though. Don't make the same mistake that those few are making with the Muslims. Not all Conservatives are asshats like that.

In NYC any building labeled as a historic site has restrictions on the owner as to it's use modification.

Basically the owner has very limited rights on what he or she does with the property thus lowering the value.

As an example, some doctor owned a brownstone George Washington singed some papers in during the revolutionary war.

It was considered historic, his soon to be ex-wife was about to win it in a divorce so he decided to blow it up (with himself in it)

The explosion ruined the building and didn't kill him, the dude lived to get criminal charges brought against him.

As icing on the cake the vacant lot was worth almost 5 times as much since it was open to development.

His ex wife made out much better, and coincidentally my ace who's name is also

Christoff was a client of his before his megafail.

Imagine all the bullshit one would have to deal with as a developer at WTC/Ground Zero with all the (understandably)

whinny ass people who feel they should have a say legally on what is done with your property.

That entire area is still fucked but some of the stores do well because it's still the biggest tourist attraction in lower Manhattan.

The rent in that area is still too low to warrant putting a super big skyscraper full of office space on the market.

In my own whinny opinion they should fill it in with dirt and grass, make a park/memorial, and just keep it moving.

It's a sad world sometimes. Don't blame it on all Republicans, though. Don't make the same mistake that those few are making with the Muslims. Not all Conservatives are asshats like that.

I never mentioned Republicans, for the most part it's a pretty diverse crowd who lost family and loved ones and is acting irrationally.

I will say this though, GOP politicians are more likely to be cashing in on this more for votes, not that I'm following this closely, just a guess.

I personally dislike both conservatives and liberals fairly equally on the basis that there has to be more than two ways of thinking about issues.

Why be lazy and make your mind up about issues before contemplation based on party platform.

people call building this insensitive....i call like u said leaving a whole in the ground after 10 years insensitive....also not fucking finding osama after 10 years insensitive..also still holding the niggas responsible and not having given a trial insensitive...

you wanna talk about the muslims that died ...add the big number that died in wtc,,,and add the innocent bystanders in iraq and afghanistan...

LAKE JACKSON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Congressman Ron Paul today released the following statement on the controversy concerning the construction of an Islamic Center and Mosque in New York City:

“Is the controversy over building a mosque near ground zero a grand distraction or a grand opportunity? Or is it, once again, grandiose demagoguery?

“It has been said, “Nero fiddled while Rome burned.” Are we not overly preoccupied with this controversy, now being used in various ways by grandstanding politicians? It looks to me like the politicians are “fiddling while the economy burns.”

“The debate should have provided the conservative defenders of property rights with a perfect example of how the right to own property also protects the 1st Amendment rights of assembly and religion by supporting the building of the mosque.

“Instead, we hear lip service given to the property rights position while demanding that the need to be “sensitive” requires an all-out assault on the building of a mosque, several blocks from “ground zero.”

“Just think of what might (not) have happened if the whole issue had been ignored and the national debate stuck with war, peace, and prosperity. There certainly would have been a lot less emotionalism on both sides. The fact that so much attention has been given the mosque debate, raises the question of just why and driven by whom?

“In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it.

“They never miss a chance to use hatred toward Muslims to rally support for the ill conceived preventative wars. A select quote from soldiers from in Afghanistan and Iraq expressing concern over the mosque is pure propaganda and an affront to their bravery and sacrifice.

“The claim is that we are in the Middle East to protect our liberties is misleading. To continue this charade, millions of Muslims are indicted and we are obligated to rescue them from their religious and political leaders. And, we’re supposed to believe that abusing our liberties here at home and pursuing unconstitutional wars overseas will solve our problems.

“The nineteen suicide bombers didn’t come from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iran. Fifteen came from our ally Saudi Arabia, a country that harbors strong American resentment, yet we invade and occupy Iraq where no al Qaeda existed prior to 9/11.

“Many fellow conservatives say they understand the property rights and 1st Amendment issues and don’t want a legal ban on building the mosque. They just want everybody to be “sensitive” and force, through public pressure, cancellation of the mosque construction.

“This sentiment seems to confirm that Islam itself is to be made the issue, and radical religious Islamic views were the only reasons for 9/11. If it became known that 9/11 resulted in part from a desire to retaliate against what many Muslims saw as American aggression and occupation, the need to demonize Islam would be difficult if not impossible.

“There is no doubt that a small portion of radical, angry Islamists do want to kill us but the question remains, what exactly motivates this hatred?

“If Islam is further discredited by making the building of the mosque the issue, then the false justification for our wars in the Middle East will continue to be acceptable.

“The justification to ban the mosque is no more rational than banning a soccer field in the same place because all the suicide bombers loved to play soccer.

“Conservatives are once again, unfortunately, failing to defend private property rights, a policy we claim to cherish. In addition conservatives missed a chance to challenge the hypocrisy of the left which now claims they defend property rights of Muslims, yet rarely if ever, the property rights of American private businesses.

“Defending the controversial use of property should be no more difficult than defending the 1st Amendment principle of defending controversial speech. But many conservatives and liberals do not want to diminish the hatred for Islam--the driving emotion that keeps us in the wars in the Middle East and Central Asia.

“It is repeatedly said that 64% of the people, after listening to the political demagogues, don’t want the mosque to be built. What would we do if 75% of the people insist that no more Catholic churches be built in New York City? The point being is that majorities can become oppressors of minority rights as well as individual dictators. Statistics of support is irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of government in a free society—protecting liberty.

“The outcry over the building of the mosque, near ground zero, implies that Islam alone was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. According to those who are condemning the building of the mosque, the nineteen suicide terrorists on 9/11 spoke for all Muslims. This is like blaming all Christians for the wars of aggression and occupation because some Christians supported the neo-conservative’s aggressive wars.

“The House Speaker is now treading on a slippery slope by demanding a Congressional investigation to find out just who is funding the mosque—a bold rejection of property rights, 1st Amendment rights, and the Rule of Law—in order to look tough against Islam.

“This is all about hate and Islamaphobia.

“We now have an epidemic of “sunshine patriots” on both the right and the left who are all for freedom, as long as there’s no controversy and nobody is offended.

“Political demagoguery rules when truth and liberty are ignored.”

• Like 1

some of the views in here are disheartening.

also, please don't refer to it as a mosque. It clearly is not one.

Actually, it is a mosque. Any place that is reserved for daily prayer is a masjid, which Muslims consider to be a type of mosque. What we normally think of as a mosque in the West is a jami, which is a larger space for the muslim sabbath on Fridays. I know this is semantics, but it is not incorrect to call any space for daily prayers a Mosque.

i couldnt imagine the right getting upset over a christian church wanting to build in the neighborhood of a previously bombed abortion clinic...just sayin

I hope you're not blaming it on the right as a whole. That would be like someone blaming 9/11 on Saudi Arabia....oh, wait a minute.....

Islamic radicals are seizing on protests against the planned mosque and anti-Muslim rhetoric elsewhere as a propaganda opportunity by stepping up anti-U.S. threats on the Internet — including one site vowing to unleash suicide bombings in Florida.

peaceful people huh?, even if this shit goes through do you honestly think those blue collar union workers will touch that place?

nugga the only niggas getting bombed in florida was a mosque a few years ago..look it up...i honestly see a holocaust type thing coming up..not that serious but yea...

DO U KNOW WHAT is retarded..being hated in your own country for being a speciifc relegion....also i dunno if yall have ever seen a mosque but where im from..they tend to be shit buildings im always amazed by beautiful christian churches..unfortuanetly most muslim communities dont have the revenue to do stuff like that....or even if they did...we would be outcasted cuz its soo "foreign".. it is a place where u can pray..its not a mosque...i can pray in my house..but it is not a mosque...its really not the same thing....

I DEFINATELY DO NOT SUPPORT THE NIGGA MAKING THE THREATS(niggas get mad but thats a personal thing not a religion thing)...but i am angry and disheartened by this stupidity....shit shouldnt be so hyped up as it is....

ONCE AGAIN ..ITS LEGAL. and thats all that it should come down to.

Islamic radicals are seizing on protests against the planned mosque and anti-Muslim rhetoric elsewhere as a propaganda opportunity by stepping up anti-U.S. threats on the Internet — including one site vowing to unleash suicide bombings in Florida.

peaceful people huh?, even if this shit goes through do you honestly think those blue collar union workers will touch that place?

you cant use the terms islamic radicals and then generalize with peaceful people in the second paragraph.

i can name a radical group in any religion or culture...do they represent either religion or culture??

It's just a building where people pray to fairy tales, man.

Those kinds of places are all over the United States. Why start caring now?

People get worked up over the strangest things. Me, I prefer to get heated over a fat fucking steak, Asian girls and a jug of Mojito....., and maybe trans-Pacific strategic relations.

I'll leave mosques and gay marriages up to people who prefer to stress.

Its not like they are using two people protesting, there are huge amounts of ignorant people protesting. The land of the free, some message were sending "yeah, you're free here! Now go to our churches and believe what we believe, or get out"

This is another example of Americans doing some fucked up shit to other people, and then getting mad when those people get super mad at us.

THere should be no discussion on this, It should be built. End of story.

one of the planes landing gears went through that mosques roof. its too fucking close. like i said before. if they picked a farther spot nobody would give two fucks. theres mosques all over the place. but there doesnt need to be one where their boys killed thousands of americans. how about we stop giving a fuck what other people think and do something for americans for once. we jump to help everybody else but the people who were born here get fucked. its funny because everyone who is for this thing would be the same people standing next to us on sept 12th 2001 wanting blood and wanting NOTHING to do with islam.

ok buddy...didnt wanna pull this card..but i was a few blocks away from sept 11. when it happened..a freshman in highshcool.. The dust/debris consumed so much of lower manhattan and our school had to be closed for a few months. this is a flic where u can see my school starting to be consumed...i guess this is a reason i care about this issue...otherwise i really dont give a shit about news..for the most part

Spectator_9-11.jpg

my point is lower manhattan is ground 0 in general most of it was hit with debris. I can guarantee you that even if the mosque was fucking 10 blocks aways niggas would still find some way to be UMAD! there aren't mosques all over the place...the mosques are mostly piece of shit buildings...our boys" didn't kill the thousand of americans ..some fucktards did.

yo i might be MUSLIM but im also an AMERICAN, dont ever question that..and there were muslim/americans who died on 911. Are u gonna tell em their opinions dont matter cuz theyr not american?

• Like 2