americans + food. a rant.

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember the first time i watched style wars, thinking "holy fuck, all these people are hella skinny". and most of the ppl in that movie (im assuming) didnt come from wealthy families. so obviously something has happened in the last 30-40 years...hhmmmm. did the popularity of physical activity die down with the rise of computers, video games etc..? me thinks.

food for thought (pun obsolutely intended)

i agree 100%

i fear that one day "the block" will be a thing of the past.

Well, I've noticed that people who love to booze it up (myself included) usually love water since it fixes all the horror after waking up and realizing you almost drank yourself to death. I go on soda kicks like once a year for a week or so. Coke or orange soda can be so sweet when they touch your lips. /nh

Yeah my whole family has this thing against drinking calories (unless it's alcohol, then it's ok)

as a result growing up there was nothing but diet soda in the house. I'm allergic to nutrasweet (aspartame /phenylalenine) so I just never drink the shit. It's so bad for you, I see people going back for soda refills and shit, like you just drank 1200 calories with your dinner like it was nothing, and it didn't even taste that good. I only drink soda with liquor, and even then I prefer lighter ones like tonic drinks or sprite at most. I drink the shit out of fruit juice. Sometimes I think I could do a liquid diet (again; but not forced by surgery this time) but then I remember how I start to get crazy w/o more than a few days without red meat /nh

Well, I've noticed that people who love to booze it up (myself included) usually love water since it fixes all the horror after waking up and realizing you almost drank yourself to death.

Well yeah, that definitely helps, but my whole family seems to just be pre-disposed to drinking massive amounts of water. When I was a kid I always saw my dad with a huge glass of water, and I just always drank it too, so on any given day I might put down 15-20 bottles worth. Even my baby niece is all about it, she started demanding water in a bottle when she was a few month's old haha

I drink probably that much water a day, I pretty much constantly drink water or I get headaches... But as long as I drink a lot of water I NEVER get headaches. Like it's been years since I had one that wasn't substance abuse related . I chug the shit too, like I'll down half a pint glass of water at the sink, fill up, and continue drinking. Sometimes I sweat a lot too, like it feels like my body is cycling through more water than others... I know what your talking about... Except my dads water drinking habits because I never saw him growig up

I find it so wierd when i cop a bottle of juice or whatever and people look at me like im crazy or make some reference to juice bieng for kids. When did soda become the mature thing to drink?

My good friend is a weird person. We both used to do landscaping for another friend's rich mom. She would buy us lunch and shit daily and have a cooler of various drinks for us to take whenever. I walked up during lunch one day and grabbed a bottle of water because it was hot as all hell and dude looks at me dead serious and says:

"What is that, water? Didn't you see that Sprite over there? Why would you drink water?

I thought he was joking, but he was dead serious. I laughed at him and he said:

"Whatever man, that shit's boring. I don't drink that shit."

I am still trying to understand it.

The sole reason poor people are so fat is because of government subsidies for certain crops.

If the governmen would just change what foods they subsidize to the healthier fruits and vegitables instead of corn for sweeteners it would make fruits and vegitables as cheap as dollar menu items...

with no govt interferance vegitable prices are evened by natural free market tendancies - but the relative cost of bad food is a far greater price difference in America, so the relative expense of vegitable options over processed food is far greater. Expense is not he same as price.

Honestly, now that we are movin towards a more socialized healthcare system, it's retarded to continue on this process of making the worst for you foods the cheapest... Those foods should be the most expensive since they take the highest toll on our nations health. If were all payig into the same system, the govt needs to dischorage people from eating crap that is bad as hell for you.

Got a touch of the red, do you Tre? How about instead of using governement to fix a problem theey created (though fat people do share the blame - there are no excuses), we actually try capitalism?

swamp, with all the goddamn pizza you eat, you dont drink soda often? pizza without soda is unheard of in my world. in fact, im bout to go across the street and order a pie with a couple cans of sprite.

//only healthy on the internet

Nah, almost never with my pizza. I have soda maybe 10-20 times a year, and it's usually with buffalo wings

• Like 1

refering to eating tacos from a truck as "down and dirty" makes you sound like a herb.

getting a ton of chicken or beef cooked right in front of you with fresh herbs spices and condiments that will nourish you very well for an extremely economical price is neither down, nor dirty. That is what "organic" food or whatever is all about. However i understand that this is channel zero and most of you are from seattle or somewhere gay so you are forgiven.

that said i do enjoy your threads about food 50.

carry on

ps.

show us your tits please <3

well...the closest taco truck from my house uses salt and pepper...besides that, no real fresh herbs or spices so i dont know what you are talking about. they also use lard. seeing as the menu is held together by duct tape and there is foil over the windows...i could consider it down and dirty. dont get me wrong - there are plenty of super clean, super fresh trucks that sell all kinds of great street food. in fact, i like street food. just because its down n dirty wont stop me - trust me. but where i live, there are plenty of em that wouldnt pass health inspections ever.

america saddens me when it comes to food mainly because of one crop you all have brought up - corn.

here is a good example:

cows in nature eat grass. because corn is subsidized in our country, we feed all the millions of cows corn (plus, when cows eat grass, they have to graze certain spots during the year. it takes up a lot of farm land when the grass is all gone on one side for the year). since our beef is in such high demand, we pack a crazy amount of cows in a small space, feed the corn (which helps them get fat too), not caring what it does to their stomach (ecoli, mad cow disease if another cow part has been eaten, etc...etc..) and send that shit everywhere - even some 'nice' restaurants. i just wish our food chain was more transparent in america. a lot of other countries label GMOs.

there has been some talk that as country we eat too much meat. which i can kinda agree with. but this 'magical animal protein' has been crammed down our throats for so long....even when there is protein in everything. idunnno...so much bad stuff that people dont know about. i think everyone should eat what they want, when they want (if they can get it/cook it) but should know exactly what they are eating.

If the meat was more sanitary I actually am in favor of modern livestocking techniques - they are somewhat harsh, but this system has also made meats cheaper on the world market and actually played a part in an increase in overall health up until the 80s when corn subsidization was blown up thousand fold by Regan to further DESTROY COMMUNISM!!!

If the FDA actually did their job and shut Down unclean slaughterhouses I think it would be just fine with me, which brings me to the second part of my argument - deregulation and pure capitolism within food production would lead back to the insanely dangerous unregulated slaughterhouses of the mid-late 1800s and more tainted food than we have now...

well...the closest taco truck from my house uses salt and pepper...besides that, no real fresh herbs or spices so i dont know what you are talking about. they also use lard. seeing as the menu is held together by duct tape and there is foil over the windows...i could consider it down and dirty. dont get me wrong - there are plenty of super clean, super fresh trucks that sell all kinds of great street food. in fact, i like street food. just because its down n dirty wont stop me - trust me. but where i live, there are plenty of em that wouldnt pass health inspections ever.

america saddens me when it comes to food mainly because of one crop you all have brought up - corn.

here is a good example:

cows in nature eat grass. because corn is subsidized in our country, we feed all the millions of cows corn (plus, when cows eat grass, they have to graze certain spots during the year. it takes up a lot of farm land when the grass is all gone on one side for the year). since our beef is in such high demand, we pack a crazy amount of cows in a small space, feed the corn (which helps them get fat too), not caring what it does to their stomach (ecoli, mad cow disease if another cow part has been eaten, etc...etc..) and send that shit everywhere - even some 'nice' restaurants. i just wish our food chain was more transparent in america. a lot of other countries label GMOs.

there has been some talk that as country we eat too much meat. which i can kinda agree with. but this 'magical animal protein' has been crammed down our throats for so long....even when there is protein in everything. idunnno...so much bad stuff that people dont know about. i think everyone should eat what they want, when they want (if they can get it/cook it) but should know exactly what they are eating.

cilantro isnt an herb? and picante not a spice? the diced onions? the hand made guacamole sauce?

unless your picking it up off the sidewalk, refering to eating somewhere as down and dirty will def get you laughed at.

and if it is that dirty, eating at a place that will give u diarhea still gets you laughed at.

Like this fabulous Cobb salad I got at this quaint little hole in the wall. They grow their own everything in organic dirt that is peed in instead of them using the toilet to conserve energy. The nitrogen from the pee makes it so delish.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

50, you should just give up on this thread. I like you, but you're digging yourself into a severe hole of douchery

Here's what happened. She got a boyfriend who wanted to take her to a fancy restaurant. Her eyes were then opened to the fact that there's more to food than what you get in a grocery store, so she then became a self-declared 'foodie'. But like any noob who is enthusiastic about something new, and because they think they know everything about their awesome, new shit that makes them better than the next person, they go overboard and try to push all this new found 'knowledge' on everyone around them whether they want to hear it or not.