americans + food. a rant.

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol the funniest part is whole foods is the wal mart of the organic food business... So real food snobs who know what they are talking about shit on 50 and her cohorts.

I barely eat fast food and cook most my meals, dont eat many processed foods, and dont drink soda really... I wouldn't eat any processed foods but I ain't got it like that... I try and feed my son the good shit but I eat some crap like valu hot dogs and ramen to stretch the food budget. I hate having to do that but that's life

50, how about you show us your tits and make this thread 1000 times more interesting.

Boo hoo people dont eat good..

Boo hoo, people my age don't know how to cook..

Go complain to a 5 year old kid from Romania who lives in a tunnel and huffs silver paint all day.

• Like 1

Who said anything about oil?

BITCH you cookin?

i dunno. i see both sides of the fence. you cant argue that fast food is bigger than ever generating more money than ever.

Have you taken into consideration that the world's population has more than doubled since the advent of fast food? It could just all be relative. Not to mention that organic food is not a possible way to sustain the food needs of the worlds population. This isn't just American's either. There are fatties everywhere. America might have started fast food, but other cultures embraced it and got fat on their own. Whatever, I like homecooked and sloppy junk.

I can cook...usually dont though because its a pain in the ass to shop, then cook and plan meals.

Plus batchelor life means i never really know if ill be home or somewhere else....so cooking is not always a possibility.

Im getting married in 3 months, I told my girl that since she has a lot of work to do (teacher), that i will handle cooking. I think for budgeting..cooking at home is best too.

meeh just cause something is processed doesn't mean it's bad. unless your eating it everyday. and organic isn't necessarily better for sure, and not everyone can afford it. that being said i'm 18 and i go to culinary school. i've been cooking for my self since i was like 14 and before that i always was getting my self thigns to eat. the thing about it now is that food is kinda like a stigma in this culture. for fucks sake, bloomberg wants to outlaw salt in nyc! salt! with pepper, that is the basic seasoning for basically everything! oh well. there isn't even good cultural american food. in other countries families sit down together for dinner and have a hearty and heady meal. in america it's all fastfood..

anyway i dont know where i was going with that and sorry it's so unorganized... bottom line is

if what your eating wasn't aroudn when your grandparents were younger buying food, you probably shouldn't eat it. like the original poster was saying, it's all random ass preservatives and literally shit they throw in there. thats not food. and then we wonder why people are fat. Basque the GP dont eat reall food anymore!!!

i still think it basically comes down to two thing when it comes to food and meal preperation:

1. price

2. time

if its too expensive, people wont buy it, no matter how good it is for you.

if it takes too long to make, people (the ones with busy work schedules) tend to cook from boxes/jars/cans what have you.

as for the entire french laundry thing..the only time i can ever see myself doing that place is if i ever become extremely wealthy, and im about to propose or something......but that will probably never happen, because i will probably still be broke during my proposal.

nothing is more romantic than asking "will you marry me?" after having the peppercorn burger at chili's.

I'm just going to point out that I was drunk browsing this thread last night, and I thought 5 from Australia started it...this shit reads like someone who isn't from America is complaining about the way a lot of people eat here.

Looking at it now, it just became 400 times more retarded. You live here and yet you're fronting like there's no such thing as a good meal, but you love to talk about all the good meals and high society food you eat...

I've noticed 50mill likes to talk about food A LOT.

and thats one of my favorite things about her.

the experience of eating and preparing food with your friends and family is extremely underrated in the states, imo. with the exception of the good ol american bbq, of course.

still...i'm bringing back to one of my main points - grocery shopping is fucking weird. the way most food is grown in america is fucking weird. the way its packaged, processed, and shipped is fucking weird. yes it happens in other countries, but some of the extreme lengths that these american companies go through just to bring processed and packaged food to the grocery store is incredibly absurd. i see it more as marketing than actually trying to nourish people. that where the nutrition classes in school would be awesome...

so yes i think its sad when cooking is lost through generations - like what JUST THE TIP said: "the experience of eating and preparing food with your friends and family is extremely underrated in the states, imo. with the exception of the good ol american bbq, of course."

i totally agree.

i dont always have time to cook a huge meal for breakfast lunch or dinner. i work for a living. so yes, i do enjoy going out to restaurants where someone *hopefully* more trained in the culinary world than me can prepared something for me to eat. but in my fucked up head - i somewhat find that is more natural/better than me than opening up a can of raviolis and eating them.