RIP KIDS DAC 4DC

thereke1870

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

growing up in Austin people like Kids and Jesse had me infatuated with graffiti. My love with graff has slowly dwindled with the death of the city and our scene, but just reading this thread has given me more aspiration to get up then ive felt in a long while. DAmn after checking this out i went out and bombed for the first time in what seems like a year! kids will continue to touch peoples lives for better or worse. My condolences to family and friends of Anthony. I see his scratch tags all the time from roof tops to bathrooms. RIP

man, didnt believe it at first...

fucking tragic. dont know too much about him but when i first went to pittsburgh i thought kids was a crew it was up so much! since then i noticed him up all over in my various travels. real pure graffiti.

seeing a lot of this stuff is really sad, im sure a lot of people here can relate to feeling like a mess, feeling like youre a fuck up and drinking to forget... at the same time its really inspiring to see the creative vandalism and be able to relate to th pain that drives one to do it..

RIP

Man, I was just thinking about Anthony recently. This is the last thing I wanted or expected to hear.

I met Anthony in 2002 when I was living with some of his friends from Minneapolis in West Oakland. He stayed with us when he was in town one weekend...we had a lot in common which led to some good conversations about traveling, graffiti, trains, and music.

He gave me a bunch of cattle pens that were making a mess in his bag so I gave him a couple of sketchbooks I had made. I was pretty self conscious about showing anyone my work, so I told him I was just starting out and getting the hang of letters. He was pretty encouraging, and said something like "just keep working on your own style, don't let the dumb shit distract you from doing what you want to do." I had no clue what I wanted to do with graff nor was I very confident yet, but in retrospect his advice has been consistently on point.

The last time I saw him was in 2004. It was pretty brief as I recall...we probably figured we'd cross paths again before he left town but it never happened.

RIP Anthony.

These are all nice pics, but none of them really do justice to how great this guy's work was.

gotta say it again, his stuff was a HUGE inspiration for me... along with mfone, bl4ckh4m, jesse, seak, soviet. they all did wonderful stuff, but kids left the biggest impression just based on how saturated it was through out pittsburgh and in the most creative places... a second thing that made him stand out was how simple yet beautiful the character was.

I really wish I could have met him once and just to say how much of a fanboy i am... it would have been embarrassing like a trekkie meeting gene roddenberry or some shit.

when mfone was caught i remember reading in the paper that the police were still after the "graffiti gang known as The Kidz" -- that was hilarious. And the fact that the cops thought he was a gang is a tribute to how huge he was.

RIP "KIDZ"

These are all nice pics, but none of them really do justice to how great this guy's work was.

gotta say it again, his stuff was a HUGE inspiration for me... along with mfone, bl4ckh4m, jesse, seak, soviet. they all did wonderful stuff, but kids left the biggest impression just based on how saturated it was through out pittsburgh and in the most creative places... a second thing that made him stand out was how simple yet beautiful the character was.

I really wish I could have met him once and just to say how much of a fanboy i am... it would have been embarrassing like a trekkie meeting gene roddenberry or some shit.

when mfone was caught i remember reading in the paper that the police were still after the "graffiti gang known as The Kidz" -- that was hilarious. And the fact that the cops thought he was a gang is a tribute to how huge he was.

RIP "KIDZ"

From about 1999-2005ish i thought kids was a crew... This guy has ups like no one else..

younger folks dont know how much you can learn about a person by how they write. i think a lot of us have learned a lot about kids thru his work, and this is why we all loved his shit so much. most of us probably owe him a thanks, a beer, whatever.

kidscart.jpg

kidsdac08.jpg

kidsdeadalive-1.jpg

kidspole2.jpg

kidspoledac.jpg

kidssilverblack.jpg

kidssowhat.jpg

kidsstaydum.jpg

kidswhite.jpg

kidsyellowsafety.jpg

bump those black stickers dated 2 years before they got put up.